The Positive Thread.

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
Forum Member
I'm so tired of all the sniping and negativity.

So how about a thread where you can post what you like and enjoy about any of the contestants.

One rule: Don't put another contestant or poster down to make your favourite look better, however subtly put.

Okay, who's first. :D

Comments

• lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love all of them:D.

PS: What a lovely idea!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nice idea duryea :)

I always had Daniella down as a bit of a brassy hardcase, but DOI has shown me what a lovely person she is, she has had her problems in the past and has put it behind her and gone on to be a Mum who is clearly adored by her family!....and she is trying to do her best in the competiton and doesn't moan and winge on about her injuries!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying seeing the differences in style between pairs more and more as things progress - they all have something to offer for me and I'm enjoying the closeness of most of the competitors.

Mmm. Nice in here! :D
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well... at the beginning of the series my least favourite was Gary as I thought he would be really cocky and competitive. I also had something against Maria getting two promising guys in a row. However, I'm sooo happy I was proved wrong & have supported Gary fully since week 4. Love this partnership! <3

I'm beginning to really like Kieron & Brianne. 2nd favourites, possibly. :)

Danny has come across really well & seems like such a sweet guy. I've always loved Frankie too. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    Yay! I like this thread :D

I like all the contestants but in particular have been pleasantly surprised with how much Kieron has come on, he seems like a really nice lad and has a lovely partnership with Brianne :)
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm beginning to really like Kieron & Brianne. 2nd favourites, possibly. :)
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: I'm in shock, Strictly! :D

I think a lot of the contestants remaining have made big strides in ability this year, and I think all the partnerships seem genuinely to work well, which is always nice to see. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Hayley and Dan have a partnership like we have never seen on DOI - and it's incredible to watch. I think her routines are so polished, and it's so nice to see her progress and enjoy what she is doing. Love them!

Kieron and Brianne - They also have a really nice partnership, (I'm really liking Brianne!) and I think Kieron tries his best, and is not afraid to look slightly...funny...on the ice - which works so well !!

Gary and Maria - Very impressive skating!!

Danny and Frankie - such improvement from both of them...really super to see them 2nd place on the leader board...well deserved!!

Daniella and Matthew - Matthew's pretty hot :P

I like this thread :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    This thread is a breath of fresh air and I like it!!

To be perfectly honest, I admire all the celebrities for what they put themselves through. How can I knock any of them for doing something I can't do?

Young Hayley is my favourite with Kieron 2nd
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Yes,Hayley and Dan, a very special couple, I look forward to seeing their performance everyweek.
    Gary is my second favourite, he is a very competent skater.
    Next is Kieron, he has come on leaps and bounds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    I love Keiron and think he has come on in leaps and bounds.

I'm also suprised with how much I now like Danny. He applies himself and takes criticism constructively and works on it to improve. This weeks routine was very good and his spin was I think the best of the week.

I'd love to see these two in the final.
  • mandyxxxxmandyxxxx Posts: 1,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there have been more couples this year who I have actively looked forward to than ever before. I loved Ray last year, but I think this year there have been more overall entertaining performances.

I am loving how Kieron seems to give his all to the performance even when he is unsure of himself.
  • crazy_moo 123crazy_moo 123 Posts: 4,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lovely thread :)

Kieron is just lovely and cute and always gives 110% i actually love him

Danailla-Seems like a really sweet person and is a very good skater

Hayley-she has good skating ability

Danny-umm he is fit :D

Gary-He skates with Maria :)
  • xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danniella- Entertaining and has produced great routines. Plus she's skated to lots of songs I like.

Hayley- Fabulous skater.

Danny- The body and he's the best male skater IMO.

Kieron- Didn't really like him at the start but he's entertaining and his skating's improved.

Gary- He umm............ skated to a song I liked a few weeks ago.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought movie week was an absolute blast and gave the show a good excuse to go all out production-wise, and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Also, much appreciation for Mel's spin last Sunday! :)

I'm loving Keiron, that Pink Panther routine was brill! And now my favourites have gone, I feel no guilt whatsoever in stating I think Hayley is awesome.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    Gary- He umm............ skated to a song I liked a few weeks ago.

This made me laugh :D

In a positive way....however! :):)
  • Strictly_IrishStrictly_Irish Posts: 18,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gazb2 wrote: »
    This made me laugh :D

In a positive way....however! :):)

It didn't make me laugh, it defeats the point of the thread.

If you don't like someone, leave them out. It's not rocket science.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It didn't make me laugh, it defeats the point of the thread.

If you don't like someone, leave them out. It's not rocket science.

OI :eek:

You are ruining the 'positiveness' that the thread is intended for.

It was a 'compliment' that Gary skated to a nice tune :)

Keep it positive :D

Gary is a great skater...we all know it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the series as usual :)

Although, it's not as exciting as previous series. Think series 3 and the constant competition for top of the leaderboard.

I do however really like the remaining contestants.

Hayley and Dan are magical on the ice, yet again Dan has seemed to work his magic and get a brilliant relationship with his partner. It happen's every year, which I think is sweet.

I've love Daniella and Matt from the beginning. I, along with many others on here, had my own pre-judgements on her. But she seems to have really come out of herself and her performances have been really good to watch week in week out.

Kieron and Brianne :D Love them! They have improved so much since week one and you can really see how much effort he is putting in to keep up with everyone else. His pink panther routine was one of his best yet.

Gary and Lucy. I wasn't so keen at the beginning, but again his skating ability has improved so much over the last few weeks. I find him so endearing to watch now, seeing how shy he is throughout his training and struggling to bring out the dancer/performer in him every Sunday night.

Finally Danny and Frankie. Never been a big fan of his anyway. But the last 2 weeks he seems to have come out of himself a great deal and putting everything into his performance. The weeks when he was stuck on 17, I was thinking it was going to be a slow competition whilst he was in there, but I can say now that the next couple of weeks are going to be very interesting with the 5 we've got left now.
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duryea wrote: »
    I love Keiron and think he has come on in leaps and bounds.

I'm also suprised with how much I now like Danny. He applies himself and takes criticism constructively and works on it to improve. This weeks routine was very good and his spin was I think the best of the week.

I'd love to see these two in the final.

Yes its a shame DS posters dont share positive vibes with him. He is always the least popular in the poll even though he seems to be so good. Kieron is good, but people seem to feel sorry for him. I always support the underdog.
  • EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    Kieron is good, but people seem to feel sorry for him.
    I don't think most people feel sorry for Kieron really - they just like him. :)

Danny is quite good also though - he's become a much better performer. :cool:
  • kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley & Dan blew me away with their Slumdog routine. I almost hoped they would be in the bottom 2 so we could see it again!!!!!! I'd love to see them in a skate-off against Ray and Maria.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Overall I think that the best five are still in the competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really impressed with how much Danny has improved over the past few weeks. That 1 on 1 session with Karen really seemed to help him a lot and he is fast becoming one of my favourites.