Carol Vordeman and the Daily Mail

124»

Comments

• CloudbustingCloudbusting Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    I buy it :o:o

My mother does, too. So I see the headlines a lot whether I want to or not just from it lying around the house. :cry:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baz O wrote: »
    I am glad Loose Women has finished now because I find it so irritating. Unfortunately I see the guy with the fake italian accent has taken over the spot ... I can't decide what is worse middle aged women slagging off men or some fake italian trying to be funny :rolleyes:

ITV Daytime output as a whole is about as insulting as you can get. Not one of the shows from 6am - 2pm or so is anything but poisonous drivel and damaging to society. It's absolutely heinous and a shame because ITV have become better in other areas recently. It's high time they completely overhauled Daytime, it really is.
  • claire800claire800 Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Jane McDonald has a new Daytime show "Star Treatment".
    She came to my work place in Preston to film.
    Lovely lady very funny & chatted to us all really friendly.
    On TV in August she said.
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baz O wrote: »
    I am glad Loose Women has finished now because I find it so irritating. Unfortunately I see the guy with the fake italian accent has taken over the spot ... I can't decide what is worse middle aged women slagging off men or some fake italian trying to be funny :rolleyes:

Not fake at all --- Gennaro "Gino" D'Acampo born in Naples, Italy is an Italian chef --He inherited his love of cooking from his grandfather—who was head chef for Costa Cruises—and, at the age of thirteen, entered Luigi de Medici Catering College.

In 1995, aged 20, he moved to London, to work in The Orchard Restaurant, Hampstead, London, and the Cambio Restaurant in Guildford, Surrey.

BUT he also had another "career" -
    Jungle chef Gino D’Acampo spent two years in prison after being convicted of burgling 1980s singer Paul Young’s home.

He was a 21-year-old waiter when he stole Mr Young’s £4,000 guitar collection, alongside a prized platinum disc, the Mail has learnt.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    Not fake at all --- Gennaro "Gino" D'Acampo born in Naples, Italy is an Italian chef --He inherited his love of cooking from his grandfather—who was head chef for Costa Cruises—and, at the age of thirteen, entered Luigi de Medici Catering College.

In 1995, aged 20, he moved to London, to work in The Orchard Restaurant, Hampstead, London, and the Cambio Restaurant in Guildford, Surrey.

BUT he also had another "career" -
    Jungle chef Gino D’Acampo spent two years in prison after being convicted of burgling 1980s singer Paul Young’s home.

He was a 21-year-old waiter when he stole Mr Young’s £4,000 guitar collection, alongside a prized platinum disc, the Mail has learnt.

Rumour has it that his accent isn't as strong as it is when he's presenting on TV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always had bad vibes about Gino D'Acampo and it seems I was right to if he's been to prison. What a piece of work. Gives Italians a bad name.
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also have never been impressed by Gino, something sly about him and the accent is so exaggerated it can't be authentic.
    I know Italians who actually speak English properly and not as affected - but then they aren't self important attention seekers.