Options

Chelsea and simulation

kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
Forum Member
✭✭
Two matches in a row now.

Oscar with a dive that would go down well in the Olympics the other day, and now Rameries with another.

Btw this was a joke thread in response to the united thread one the other day :p

Comments

• Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You are right to point it out. The only thing i will say in defense of my team is that we ain't the only ones. But the last 2 dives have been ridiculous, and actually very much out of character from Ramires and Oscar. I hope Mourinho tells them of it because it isn't on.
  • Options
    JokanovicJokanovic Posts: 12,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed. He needs to speak to Ramires, that was poor.
  • Options
    Plant_PiePlant_Pie Posts: 3,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to get on Splash maybe?Its stupid and annoying and so pointless.
  • Options
    Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    Ha nice thread. And perfectly fair one to start.

You'd think after Oscar's that Ramires would have a bit more sense.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,389
    Forum Member
    Golden Globes are coming up soon. Ramires is making one last push for them.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho on Ramires' yellow card for diving: "I maintain (there are no divers at Chelsea). Isolated episodes. The referees' attacking it. The manager supporting the referees. I think we are doing well. Let's see if the others do the same as us.

"I was happy with the card because the referee, in this case (Martin) Atkinson, did well.

"This time I didn't speak yet with Ramires, but if the referee was there and he decide well, perfect. Let's do every game, every stadium, every player, let's do that."

Fair enough really.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the card on wellbecks dive
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the card on wellbecks dive

What dive?
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No big surprise to see the more level headed Chelsea fans accepting the incident for what it was, only for codeblue to spoil it.
  • Options
    codebluecodeblue Posts: 14,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No big surprise to see the more level headed Chelsea fans accepting the incident for what it was, only for codeblue to spoil it.

I don't condone our players diving, I congratulate our manager for speaking out.

I see what Jose is saying, where are all the other managers with the same public response?
  • Options
    carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,047
    Forum Member
    Even as a Chelsea fan, I can't help thinking it's easier for Mourinho to be supportive of the two decisions in the last two games when we've won those games comfortably anyway. Would he still have made the same comments if the results hadn't gone our way? Maybe, but I'm not so sure on that.

It's poor from Oscar and Ramires though.
  • Options
    LONERIDER37LONERIDER37 Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It annoys me that Mourinho is so quick to point fingers at others yet his own team have provided more evidence of diving lately thatn any other, have a word with yourself Mourinho!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even as a Chelsea fan, I can't help thinking it's easier for Mourinho to be supportive of the two decisions in the last two games when we've won those games comfortably anyway. Would he still have made the same comments if the results hadn't gone our way? Maybe, but I'm not so sure on that.It's poor from Oscar and Ramires though.

I think you are right actually,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even as a Chelsea fan, I can't help thinking it's easier for Mourinho to be supportive of the two decisions in the last two games when we've won those games comfortably anyway. Would he still have made the same comments if the results hadn't gone our way? Maybe, but I'm not so sure on that.

Yes this is a good point. We've already seen the same with Moyes this season. In games where we've won and players have been booked for diving, he's always said he'll "have a word", yet the other night for example when we'd lost, he was having a go at the referee.
  • Options
    alanrollinsalanrollins Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Indeed, well said.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member

Of course, he just goes with whatever decision helps him get a favourable result (like many managers). Take the last minute penalty he got against West Brom. Clear dive from Ramires but Jose comes out and claims it was a "clear penalty". Then, his diatribe aimed at Suarez when Eto'o clearly fouled him in the box. The guy changes his opinion more than Batdude.
  • Options
    InTheLoopInTheLoop Posts: 6,595
    Forum Member
    Mourinho is an odd one, he is defending these ludicrous divers continuously when they are 100% in the wrong; and looks like an idiot for doing so. Not criticising Ramires this time, after his ludicrous dive against WBA rescued a point, is particularly perplexing.
    Yet the honest strikers in his squad; Torres, Ba and Eto'o, he is slating and criticizing for not scoring enough (not name dropping but as a general group).

Almost like he encourages his players to be cheaters by not criticising them but demotivates those who are working hard yet not getting the breaks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His Porto side were the worst I've ever seen for diving, playacting and feigning injury.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheLoop wrote: »
    Mourinho is an odd one, he is defending these ludicrous divers continuously when they are 100% in the wrong; and looks like an idiot for doing so. Not criticising Ramires this time, after his ludicrous dive against WBA rescued a point, is particularly perplexing.
    Yet the honest strikers in his squad; Torres, Ba and Eto'o, he is slating and criticizing for not scoring enough (not name dropping but as a general group).

Almost like he encourages his players to be cheaters by not criticising them but demotivates those who are working hard yet not getting the breaks

Mourinho is just doing the same as every other manager in Europe and probably the rest of the world.
    Diving is the scourge of the modern game, Chelsea didn't invent it, nor did Mourinho.
    You could accuse him of being a pragmatist, if he saw diving was getting results, he probably did nothing to stop it. But it's now almost regarded as a skill, particularly in Europe. Not blatant diving without contact, but players going down unnecessarily as soon as they are touched and "buying" a free kick or penalty is praised as clever play.
    Players deliberately "looking for the slightest contact" has resulted in what we have today. It's such a fine line between a blatant dive and going down poleaxed at the slightest touch that I don't envy the referees sometimes, I'm often fooled until I see several replays.
  • Options
    Dub2Dub2 Posts: 2,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me that Mourinho is so quick to point fingers at others yet his own team have provided more evidence of diving lately thatn any other, have a word with yourself Mourinho!

In fairness, Mourinho has described Fernando Torres as one of the top four divers in world football.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He had words with Oscar the other day, and he will likely do the same with Ramires. I don't really know what else you want him to do.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    You are right to point it out. The only thing i will say in defense of my team is that we ain't the only ones. But the last 2 dives have been ridiculous, and actually very much out of character from Ramires and Oscar. I hope Mourinho tells them of it because it isn't on.

I suspect Mourinho encourages it. Witness Porto's win against Manu Utd in the Champions League final (albeit all those years ago). He regularly comes out with manipulative crap in press conferences too.
  • Options
    mattlambmattlamb Posts: 4,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    I don't condone our players diving, I congratulate our manager for speaking out.

I see what Jose is saying, where are all the other managers with the same public response?

Hardly backing the decisions 100%
  • Options
    South Coast52South Coast52 Posts: 5,381
    Forum Member
    He had words with Oscar the other day, and he will likely do the same with Ramires. I don't really know what else you want him to do.
    Being honest would be a start.

Not slagging off Suarez for being blatantly tackled by Eto'o for example. Claiming his own player in the same match didn't dive is another example.

His post match comments are often contemptible. Defending his own players is one thing but his blatant lies about opposition players are sickening.

He may get results and win trophies but the man has no class.

As we saw with his eye gouge.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both happened after he had wrongly made an issue of Suarez diving when Eto fouled him. Thats my problem he sarcastically mocks Suarez (who on that ocassion had been fouled) then the following 2 weeks his own players do blatant dives. So what I want him to do is get his own house in order rather than picking easy targets to cause mischief.
    Being honest would be a start.

Not slagging off Suarez for being blatantly tackled by Eto'o for example. Claiming his own player in the same match didn't dive is another example.

His post match comments are often contemptible. Defending his own players is one thing but his blatant lies about opposition players are sickening.

He may get results and win trophies but the man has no class.

As we saw with his eye gouge.

Indeed.