Could Ben have already been cast? EE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
Forum Member
✭✭
What the title says. It just seems like it'll be an awfully long time before theres any pay off, especially with the phone call that Jay made. Without the phone call, I could accept Phil taking a good few months to find him. It would certainly be an excellent surprise if DTC has managed to cast him and have him appear without it leaking.

Comments

• BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly.

I meant to start a thread about this...

When was it that we saw a shadowy figure watching Shirley as she left the Mitchell's? We all assumed at the time that it was Deano.

But could it have been Ben, just after he was released from prison?
  • Rich_WilsonRich_Wilson Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    I really want to audition.

Anyone have any idea where I can contact the bbc to try out?

This is a serious request btw!!
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Bertypop wrote: »
    Possibly.

I meant to start a thread about this...

When was it that we saw a shadowy figure watching Shirley as she left the Mitchell's? We all assumed at the time that it was Deano.

But could it have been Ben, just after he was released from prison?

Wasn't that more than a month ago though?
  • BertypopBertypop Posts: 4,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I was asking... I couldn't remember.

Also, did Ritchie say a month ago, or last month? It may be nothing. I just can't remember.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bertypop wrote: »
    That's what I was asking... I couldn't remember.

Also, did Ritchie say a month ago, or last month? It may be nothing. I just can't remember.

She said, over a month ago! :)

I hope they choose the right one this time that stays long term and is the last ever recast for this character!
  • EEAS1997EEAS1997 Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have a friend who wants to audition for the role too... I think you've got to be contacted by the BBC via an agent.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EddyEagal wrote: »
    I have a friend who wants to audition for the role too... I think you've got to be contacted by the BBC via an agent.

I think they only take professional actors!
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 50,946
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »

Fortunately the days of casting someone from the Matalan Summer Catalogue seems to be a distant memory.
  • 10000maniacs10000maniacs Posts: 831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can only mean one thing. Ben killed his niece Lucy.:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It can only mean one thing. Ben killed his niece Lucy.:cool:

I'd really dislike it if he was the one responsible for killing her. However, I would like it if he had seen her before she died, making him a prime suspect.
  • ClassicGarfieldClassicGarfield Posts: 1,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »

Well Lacey Turner wasn't a professional actor when she auditioned for EE, and look how that turned out :D

I think it was her first proper acting job or something? Just goes to show, you don't need to be a professional actor to be a good one.
  • sianpsianp Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I also think that he has already been cast. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up to Lucy's funeral.
  • nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    sianp wrote: »
    I also think that he has already been cast. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up to Lucy's funeral.

Indeed - that might be this week's big twist. It would seem strange that news of his release has already been shared with the audience if he's not due back on screen for another few months.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Indeed - that might be this week's big twist. It would seem strange that news of his release has already been shared with the audience if he's not due back on screen for another few months.

That was my suspicion too when I heard about the big twist. I have a feeling that's what it will be. I don't see why they'd reveal Jay was in contact with him that quickly if Ben isn't back for months. Just one short appearance at the funeral before he properly comes back towards the end of the summer would definitely get everyone talking.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    That was my suspicion too when I heard about the big twist. I have a feeling that's what it will be. I don't see why they'd reveal Jay was in contact with him that quickly if Ben isn't back for months. Just one short appearance at the funeral before he properly comes back towards the end of the summer would definitely get everyone talking.

I dont think it needs to be at the funeral, just Jay goes to a flat, opens the door and theres Ben. Doof Doof.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only good thing that may come out from Ben's return is, if Johnny and Ben do in fact become an item, it will give both Johnny and Linda more screentime.

Johnny being put in the middle of the Carter/Mitchell feud, and Linda scheming to break them up, as she can't cope with her youngest son dating a sociopathic murderer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    The only good thing that may come out from Ben's return is, if Johnny and Ben do in fact become an item, it will give both Johnny and Linda more screentime.

Johnny being put in the middle of the Carter/Mitchell feud, and Linda scheming to break them up, as she can't cope with her youngest son dating a sociopathic murderer.

That might actually make me sympathise with Linda a bit more. :p
  • sianpsianp Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    I would be disappointed if he did turn up at the funeral as that would take away from 'Lucy's day'. Plenty of pictures have already been released for the funeral and he could go unnoticed in them if the character is being recast. Perhaps he will be sat at the bar in the Vic chatting to Johnny when they all return for the wake. The Carters would have no idea who he was...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _elly001 wrote: »
    That might actually make me sympathise with Linda a bit more. :p

That is why I want to see this storyline happen. It would be any parents nightmare for their child to get involved with a person like this, especially for Linda who is fiercely protective of her children (even though they're adults).

However, while it could be the best thing to happen to Linda's character as she would become a lot more sympathetic, it might be the worst thing to ever happen to Johnny's character as his moral compass will go out the window by getting involved with a person like Ben.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaron1995 wrote: »
    That is why I want to see this storyline happen. It would be any parents nightmare for their child to get involved with a person like this, especially for Linda who is fiercely protective of her children (even though they're adults).

However, while it could be the best thing to happen to Linda's character as she would become a lot more sympathetic, it might be the worst thing to ever happen to Johnny's character as his moral compass will go out the window by getting involved with a person like Ben.

Yeah, I do really worry for Johnny's character in all of this and how much they're going to need to change him if Ben comes back as twisted and as messed up as ever. I hope they won't do that, though. Hopefully he'll come back either genuinely wanting to be a better person and making amends for Heather's murder, or of he is still a horrible person, that we very clearly see him manipulating Johnny and not just have Johnny ignore what he's like.

I do think DTC seems pretty committed to keeping Johnny as a very relatable representation of a gay teenager so hopefully there won't be any major character assassinations going on.
  • fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it has only just gone out for casting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I am guessing he will turn up at some point.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Your agent should be looking out for casting calls for you