Comments

• peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    Judy Finnegan - the most pitied woman on British tv :D
  • nextloislanenextloislane Posts: 1,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You Pay, We Play

We'd love to be Richard Madeley. Smooth exterior and completely mental inside: like a Caligula for the new century. His teeth-grinding Partridge-isms are so legendary that they could fill several mailouts by themselves. Our favourite this year was Richard interviewing primordial dwarves: tiny adults with odd features but perfectly working brains. "Do you find people patronize you?" asked Richard quite reasonably, following this up by slowly bellowing "THAT MEANS THEY TALK DOWN TO YOU!"

Richard was pictured aghast and unshaven recently, rocked by the news that the phone-in competitions were biased in order to rob callers f**king blind. Quelle surprise. A mole had the misfortune to work on 'This Morning' with Richard and his trembly wife. The mole had the even greater misfortune to have, as part of his duties, the onerous task of coming up with the phone-in question for the 'Mid-Day Money' slot.

Despite posing questions along the line of, "What is the capital of France? Is it (a) Samson (b) Paris or (c) Scarface, the mole was called into the producer's office and given an almighty dressing down. The reason? Granada weren't making enough money from the phone-ins as the questions were TOO DIFFICULT.

He went away and came up with the ultimate question for 'Mid-Day Money'.

"What colour is an orange?"

The mole submitted the question, and predictably was called to the producer's office the next day, but the expected bollocking never came. Instead, he was congratulated for his quiz-setting skills and told that this was precisely the level of questioning that the viewers could bear. The stunned mole staggered away, the cries of "Keep up the good work" ringing in his ears, and decided to look for a different occupation.

(holy moley mailout)
  • familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    beee wrote:
    I couldn't believe the discussion about prison sentencing - Richard seems to make it his mission to be as much of an arse as possible. He and that idiot 'broadcaster' Nick whats-his-face refused to allow the discussion to progress, and I thought one of the female guests was going to leap up and punch them both in the face at one point.

Honestly, by the end of it I had visions of Judy smothering Richard in his sleep with a pillow. No wonder she allegedly likes a drop...

Did you see that vein bulging in her neck? I wouldn't have rated his chances if she had. :D
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember the Bo-Selecta Richard and Judy sketch?

Basically Judy was this whimpering wreck of a housewife who's sit next to Richard on the sofa, shaking, too scared to speak.

When she did utter a word Richard would should 'How dare you speak' and she'd gasp and start whimpering again. It was hillarious!! :D
  • familytreefamilytree Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember the Bo-Selecta Richard and Judy sketch?

Basically Judy was this whimpering wreck of a housewife who's sit next to Richard on the sofa, shaking, too scared to speak.

When she did utter a word Richard would should 'How dare you speak' and she'd gasp and start whimpering again. It was hillarious!! :D

No, that was their show you were watching. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    Remember richard's millennium (sp) cupboard? he provided a full list of items he was storing up, and handily showed a film he had made at home, actually showing viewers the actual millennium cupboard, which was in said utility room. :D

Oh my ! I remember the Millenium Cupboard so well. He was utterly convinced that at the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve 1999 that every computer in the world would malfunction because it was a brand new century and they would all default back to 1900 - or something.

Therefore Richard had stored up a huge store of tinned food and water because "its will basically be like the end of the world...." (not my words, but Richard's :D )

He whittered on about it for weeks and everytime he opened his gob, Judy would deep sigh and roll her eyes and disagree and he would point that big long finger and say, "you'll see! you'll see! Im right and scientists all around the world are thinking the same..... the cupboard is a GOOD idea!"

Mercifully I didnt see the first few programmes of R & J when the year 2000 was finally ushered in, without a peep of a problem. I just hoped she ripped the piss out of him unmercifully.... :D
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - Richard's 'Millennium Cupboard' was just hilarious.

The ridiculousness of the whole thing just summed him right up. I wonder what he was doing at the strike of Midnight on 01/01/00 - probably sitting in his bunker by candlelight, surrounded by his soup tins, waiting for the heavens to open :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    lol - Richard's 'Millennium Cupboard' was just hilarious.

The ridiculousness of the whole thing just summed him right up. I wonder what he was doing at the strike of Midnight on 01/01/00 - probably sitting in his bunker by candlelight, surrounded by his soup tins, waiting for the heavens to open :rolleyes:

hahahahahaah rolmaooo i dont actually remember this but it sounds like totally richard. lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sassy ali wrote:
    hahahahahaah rolmaooo i dont actually remember this but it sounds like totally richard. lol

oh it was beautiful. bless him, whenever he was challenged on it, he would puff himself up and rant 'i will protect my family, i don't care what anyone else says"

when they showed the home-made film, the best bit was,he opened this one drawer and it was totally crammed to the brim with batteries (for torches etc)

times like that, he seems to forget he's on telly. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when they showed the home-made film, the best bit was,he opened this one drawer and it was totally crammed to the brim with batteries (for torches etc)

And he thought that a drawer full of Duracells would be enough to protect his family from Doomsday? :p
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63w0dEgrZKs

one of richards better interviews with Ricky Gervais. its hillarious... if you havent seen it before
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    ^ haha. I'm just watching it - I like the way he pings the emmy to see what sort of a noise it makes (so he can imply it sounds cheap), he should be on TV burp playing the kettle and toaster with Harry Hill :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people underestimate good ole Judy...I reckon she is a real bossy boots behind the scenes. You don't get were she is playing the wimpy housewife.

Did anyone see the Channel Five documentary about them (on a few years back)?
    Forum Member
    I think people underestimate good ole Judy...I reckon she is a real bossy boots behind the scenes. You don't get were she is playing the wimpy housewife.

Did anyone see the Channel Five documentary about them (on a few years back)?

Ooh come on you don’t believe channel five documentaries do you. There’s as much truth in them documentaries as there is in a sky news report!!!!
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote:
    And he thought that a drawer full of Duracells would be enough to protect his family from Doomsday? :p

Poor Richard must have got a bit confused. Seems Doomsday is actually scheduled for 2012. Time to check the dates on those batteries.

- he should get on this forum (at the above site) to see what to stock up on ! No one else has suggested batteries yet, the total morans ;):D
    Forum Member
    Poor Richard must have got a bit confused. Seems Doomsday is actually scheduled for 2012. Time to check the dates on those batteries.

- he should get on this forum (at the above site) to see what to stock up on ! No one else has suggested batteries yet, the total morans ;):D

God nooooooooo :eek: I pray Madeley doesnt read this thread. I doubt I could bear the five years build up to his '2012 Cupboard' ! :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's all we need - Richard is probably stacking up those tins as we speak :eek: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol, notice when vip ex-vice-president was on the show today, where was judy? no-where to be seen, the excuse was she's got a bug
    i'm thinking more likely she's remembered the pure hell of the bill clinton interview and couldn't face sitting with richard and interviewing al gore in the same manner.

'so al gore, tell us about your mission to warn the world about the impending doom from global warming and your campaign to cut our collective carbon footprint....actually, it's just like me when i had my millennium cupboard. did i tell you, i was arrested for shoplifting,but i knew i wasn't guilty...etc etc etc
  • winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    lol, notice when vip ex-vice-president was on the show today, where was judy? no-where to be seen, the excuse was she's got a bug
    i'm thinking more likely she's remembered the pure hell of the bill clinton interview and couldn't face sitting with richard and interviewing al gore in the same manner.

'so al gore, tell us about your mission to warn the world about the impending doom from global warming and your campaign to cut our collective carbon footprint....actually, it's just like me when i had my millennium cupboard. did i tell you, i was arrested for shoplifting,but i knew i wasn't guilty...etc etc etc

LOL :D That's probably what she thought, too. Poor Judy.
    Forum Member
    ^ how could he say to Clinton "unlike you, I knew I was innocent" :eek:

Also classic was Stephen Hawking, who Richard probed to find out if there was life after death ! - When Hawking told him there was absolutely no evidence to support such an idea, I think Richards response was 'Bummer' :D:D:D

EDIT - sorry, Richard said "I was hoping for a yes" when he asked if there was an afterlife (link )

He should have asked Hawking if he wanted to buy an unused millennium cupboard.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just come across this read and haven't read all of the replies yet, so apologies if this one has been mentioned already, but...

My favourite classic Richard moment was AGES ago on This Morning. They were interviewing a man who had been wrongfully imprisoned...can't remember the details but he'd been locked up for years and years and had finally been released due to new evidence or something.

So, having explained the situation, during which the guest was clearly upset and traumatised,Richard turns to him and says:

"So, did you do it?"
    Forum Member
    arggggghhhhhhhhhhh! The more I read this thread, the more my toes are curling up with the cringemaking embarrassment of it all.

I cant believe he said to President Clinton, "unlike you, I knew I was innocent"..........

Im so, so glad I didnt see that particular gaffe............*covers face with hands*
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    I wonder if they'll have their talent-free friend Amada Platell back on after her homophobic comments on yesterday's Judy-less show?

After the historian David Starkey had pointed out how utterly useless she was as 'spin doctor' to William Hague. He invited her to attempt to discredit his reputation as a historian her clearly-audible reply was,

'Well, we know you know all about old queens.'

Thrown off guard she showed her true colours. Homophobic?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Another accidental(?) reference to penises today. Apparently got the dog 'Fabulous Willy' confused with 'Big Willy'. Have to hope it is just for attention really, or else they are actually on his mind for an unhealthy amount of the time. :D
  • PiazzaPiazza Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread has had me crying :D