Options

Louis Smith - Islam is not to be "mocked" but to be "celebrated"!

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two month suspension from British Gymnastics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/gymnastics/37832754
  • Options
    SakerSaker Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would he have been suspended if he was seen in the video laughing at someone mocking the Pope?

Nope.

UK is already a pseudo Sharia state and it is 100% down to the left and their victim's club mentality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    What did he actually say that was so terrible?

He laughed.. and you are not allowed to laugh at Islam in the UK - only Christianity.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In 2016 a man has been suspended from his job for joking about a religion.

We've still a long way to go, folks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saker wrote: »
    UK is already a pseudo Sharia state ..

You do know they're coming for you ? :o
    Semierotic wrote: »
    In 2016 a man has been suspended from his job for joking about a religion.

A job that clearly has certain standards of conduct that he has breached ..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope, only if you insult Islam or try to stop its progress. I keep my nose clean so that the left (Islam's guard dog) don't turn me into a victim.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The said standards of conduct in this instance are woefully/deliberately vague and should come under intense scrutiny in light of this decision.
  • Options
    LuckyPierreLuckyPierre Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How refreshing it would be, in cases like this where an individual is expected to give and eventually gives an obviously scripted grovelling sackcloth and ashes pseudo-apology, if they simply said 'Nah ... **** off. I meant what I said and said what I meant and am not remotely sorry for it, so do one.'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semierotic wrote: »
    The said standards of conduct in this instance are woefully/deliberately vague and should come under intense scrutiny in light of this decision.

I think you could apply that reasoning to any job that has an expected standard of behaviour though which, in itself, would probably be a good thing - religion doesn't even have to come in to it.

Obviously plenty of people would take it as a "menu" of what they could and couldn't do at work without getting in to trouble, but if you're going to have 'good behaviour' standards in your contract of emploment then it's only fair that your employees know what that constitutes.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Would he have been suspended if he was seen in the video laughing at someone mocking the Pope?

Nope.

UK is already a pseudo Sharia state and it is 100% down to the left and their victim's club mentality.

Oh no its not!
    Panto response to a panto RRW post.
  • Options
    James_WensleyJames_Wensley Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Backdoor blasphemy laws?
  • Options
    Evo102Evo102 Posts: 13,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bit of a hollow punishment given this final paragraph.
    Smith is taking a break from the sport and is touring as a guest celebrity on the Keep Dancing stage production.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the British Gymnastics fanatics need to monitor if any of their athletes watched and laughed at this from Citizen Khan..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAynqZ7HAKc
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member

Of course it's not a "pseudo Sharia state" - don't be so silly. Generalisations like that about "the left" are pretty daft too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjwales wrote: »
    Of course it's not a "pseudo Sharia state" - don't be so silly. Generalisations like that about "the left" are pretty daft too.

So if he laughed at his friend attempting a satire of the Pope he would be in trouble too?

:D

Grow up!
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Absolutely bloody disgraceful. What the hell did the deaths of 12 innocent Charlie Hebdo victims and the worldwide show of determination achieve? Sod all!
    Unbelievable stinking hypocrisy.

I'd like to know what they are!! They're not outlined of course! This man has been well and truly scapegoated, simply to keep the peace with any dangerously "over sensitive" Muslims.
    I don't often disagree with you Jason, but this time I most certainly do. This is a thoroughly cowardly and divisive retrograde step.
    What next, we'll travel further back in time and reinstate ridiculous blasphemy law and hand back power to any old religious belief? Why should only Muslims be granted that religious luxury? This wouldn't have caused a ripple if it had been any other religion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So if he laughed at his friend attempting a satire of the Pope he would be in trouble too?

:D

Would he hell!
    Backdoor blasphemy laws?

Of course it is. It's all we need, even more division!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    Would he hell!

lolol

So a video of Louis Smithh laughing at this would have got him a two month ban? I am sorry.. it wouldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHxVl7VbdOQ
  • Options
    CSJBCSJB Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    More backward steps from a society which seems intent on regressing to medieval times.
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What next, we'll travel further back in time and reinstate ridiculous blasphemy law and hand back power to any old religious belief? Why should only Muslims be granted that religious luxury? This wouldn't have caused a ripple if it had been any other religion.

That is exactly where we are heading : a cause championed by radical Muslims and the loony left.

So he committed a heinous crime when he laughed at someone pretending to pray ? Though of course that is enough these days to put your life in danger when the religion is Islam. Everything offends these people. We'd better make homosexuality illegal again and punishable with imprisonment because that deeply offends Islam. They're pandering to a bunch of control freaks who care more about the burning of a book than a woman having her face burned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lolol

So a video of Louis Smithh laughing at this would have got him a two month ban? I am sorry.. it wouldn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHxVl7VbdOQ
    :confused:
    I was agreeing with you?
  • Options
    TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That reminds me, when is Fireman Sams beheading?
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I respect the right for anyone to believe what they want. But that doesn't mean I have to respect their beliefs and not laugh at them.
    If you want to learn Klingon and follow their religious beliefs, that's fine with me. But in return you should accept my right to poke a little fun at you occasionally. Same goes for all these deluded beliefs.
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member

Awful decision by the British gymnastics. If is was any other religion there would not have been a problem. This islamphobia nonsense is just a way to silence freedom of speech and to create a blasphamy law.
  • Options
    James_WensleyJames_Wensley Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would he hell!

Of course it is. It's all we need, even more division!

Its all a little unsettling. What next. 2000 lashes?