Fellow iPAd users- what do you like about

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have had my iPad for just over a month and to my mind it it is the best gadget ever devised I often use it to type here on DS

Fellow users

What do you like about it best

Comments

• gregrichardsgregrichards Posts: 4,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love my iPad it's great but I'm already thinking about how much I can flog it for when the new one comes out. Facetime on it would be great for me.

I have an addiction to gadgets and I am only happy with them for so long then rumours of a new version coming out means I start thinking about selling and getting the new one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love my iPad for its portability, battery games for my kids, for me, picture frame.

Social networkings, lots of different apps video player, music spottily......

The list is potentially endless...
  • ppaupyppaupy Posts: 2,729
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine on thurday ..and so far dont see what all the fuss is about.

Bit bored with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ppaupy wrote: »

Bit bored with it.

Well you can return for a full refund, within 2 weeks of purchase
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bit bored with it.

Yikes - I hope you didn't pay full whack for it then... I wouldn't pay for something that expensive without giving it a thorough test drive and being fairly confident I'd make use of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joel Leo J wrote: »

You can? Cheers! I didn't know that. Is that specific to the iPad or does it cover other bits of hardware too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Yikes - I hope you didn't pay full whack for it then... I wouldn't pay for something that expensive without giving it a thorough test drive and being fairly confident I'd make use of it.

See the previous post.

Apple give you 2 weeks to test drive It and if your unhappy you can take it back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can? Cheers! I didn't know that. Is that specific to the iPad or does it cover other bits of hardware too?

Not sure, but I think its standard apple policy, just ask them when making a purchase

Also if you know someone who works for the NHS they will give young 4% discount, that's quite a lot when your puchasing apple products
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    retroguy wrote: »
    I have had my iPad for just over a month and to my mind it it is the best gadget ever devised I often use it to type here on DS

Fellow users

What do you like about it best

It's compact enough to go with me everywhere and I don't have to worry about carrying around a charger etc. as it's battery lasts ages. I use it for reading, internet and games and videos. I'm very happy with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

really?? noone told me that..i might give it some thought,,

thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

to be honest i had a play with it in store a few times...didnt really give it much thought..i went out to buy a filofax....OH thought ipad would be better for me...

think i prefered the red filofax.
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm appreciating mine more and more each day.

I'm currently into the photographic aspects and like the fact that you can edit the same photo in several different apps without loss of quality.

So I can play about with the colours in ColorSplash, put it in OutColor and create some cool 3D effects and then add a frame in Photoshop Express.

I quite like the concept of having one app to do one certain thing and not to try and do everything.

There's some very imaginative apps out there. I bought one recently where you make pots on a potters wheel using your fingers to mold the clay. Good fun and very therapeutic.

If we ever get something similar to iMovie on the iPad I'll be in my ellement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    to be honest i had a play with it in store a few times...didnt really give it much thought..i went out to buy a filofax....OH thought ipad would be better for me...

think i prefered the red filofax.

holy crap.. you must be hella loaded to not give much thought to forking out 500 quid as an alternative to something that is less than 10% of it! :eek:
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,167
    Forum Member
    ^^^^ I wish I could just impulse buy like that! :D I put a lot of thought and research into the iPad so when I finally had it in my hands I knew exactly what to expect.

I'm a bit meh about Face Time, it's not really something that I'd ever use. As for the iPad itself though I love the portability. I love being able to surf anywhere I go without feeling like I'm luggging a heavy laptop. The battery life is fab, It was great when I went to the north recently, I was able to watch a film, a few music vids, some browsing and reading - I just love it!
  • RolnikovRolnikov Posts: 967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Being able to browse the internet without a mouse, or even worse a touchpad, and the battery length, were the things that sold it to me over a netbook or laptop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    holy crap.. you must be hella loaded to not give much thought to forking out 500 quid as an alternative to something that is less than 10% of it! :eek:

God no we really are not loaded....£600 Is an awful lot of cash to us.

But i needed a personal organiser type thing as i have just been accepted as a school governor and my handwritting is awful...hence OH saying get an ipad..lol..

I will give it a go and play around somemore with it..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    I agree its the battery life and the things that you can do on it thats the killer selling point to me.

It doesn't replace the laptop but it sure takes its place in lots of different ways.

If i want to check email i just open it on the ipad the same with checking facebook.
    if i want to surf web while watching tv nothing easier.

I'm not so sure about facetime i'm not currently using it with the iphone 4 so why should i with a new ipad. It will have to include far more than a camera to encourage me and others to buy the new ipad but i wouldn't say never.
  • Magic TorchMagic Torch Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like having pretty much instant access to the web around the house...I tend to carry the iPad with me from room to room, something I never used to do with my netbook.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to read I might pick up one cheaper when they inevitably release a Facetime model! I've my phone for Facetime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just recently I learned I can grab programmes from the BBC iplayer and put them onto ipad whilst not connected. They work offline so is great for going on holiday for a bored moment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poppitypop wrote: »
    Just recently I learned I can grab programmes from the BBC iplayer and put them onto ipad whilst not connected. They work offline so is great for going on holiday for a bored moment.
    wow, how do you do that then?? please:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, how do you do that then?? please:)

If you aren't a fan of command line stuff, scroll down to GUI version which I used.
    http://po-ru.com/projects/iplayer-downloader/

When you run the program you enter the BBC programme I.D. (found in the url of the programme link) and hit download. Saved programmes go to documents and then you can drag and drop them into itunes (they go into films for some reason) and then sync to ipad.
    I have downloaded a load of random stuff for my forthcoming holiday and yes they do work offline.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    great i'll try it out thanks for the info
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to agree with most everything said here. It really is a clever piece of kit, I don't care what the naysayers say.
    I can't really see much they can add to the iPad 2 that would make me jealous - it does everything I want of it now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I use mine for Internet, newgroups, email, video, music games, reading.

Its the most useful device I've ever had, in the three weeks I've had it its been used about 6 hours a day, the battery life is great, better than any laptop I've ever used.
    My wife loves it too, she isn't a technology person and is usually not bothered about stuff like this but I have to fight her to get it off her :)

I had a hackintoshed netbook before this which I loved but the iPad is on another level completely, its fab.

I've no need for a camera on it or to make calls on it, it does exactly what I want it to, best 500 quid I've spent in a long time.

Oh, one more thing, I've never missed flash on it, what is it with people's wailing and gnashing of teeth that it doesn't have flash?