Options

Will BB re-invent Jade for tonight's HL show to save her from backlash on Friday?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SunandaSunanda Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too much damage has been done.

People should just not assume she will go though they need to vote.

William Hill have her odds on so they will want her out to avoid a mega payout if by chance Shilpa goes.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    spiralx wrote:
    Why would they want to save her from any backlash? Anger aimed at Jade is less anger to be aimed at C4!

That's true spiralx....that's where most of my anger is aimed at for letting her in the house in the first place :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coody Mow wrote:
    Probably. However, as someone else said, they only have a week to change things, not 5 as they did last time, they may have to give up..still think she will come off better tonight though.

Lets hope the GBP use their brains this time, I tried to get her out last time to no avail! :D

That brings back bad memories for me too. I got banned from the main site for being one of the ones causing a riot with the production crew on the live chat on the main site :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First-Lady wrote:
    Too much damage has been done.

People should just not assume she will go though they need to vote.

William Hill have her odds on so they will want her out to avoid a mega payout if by chance Shilpa goes.

Good point. I'm not much good at understanding odds and all that...but I take it her odds to go must be really good :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Channel 4 are actually trapped in a very complex situation. As the debate here proves lots of people think that racist behaviour has occurred and lots of people don't. No matter how passionately you believe in your own opinion on this you have to concede that it is clearly debatable... and in that case it would be completely wrong for Ch4 to kick someone out declaring them to be a racist.

That would leave them open to all sorts of legal problems. If they labelled someone a racist and kicked them out that person would be abused horribly by the public and it would - to some extent - be Ch4's fault. Remember - there are people who disagree that race is at the heart of the issue so no matter how much you might think it is, it is not right or proper for Ch4 to effectively make it a matter of record. It is just opinion.

Ch4 won't try to reinvent Jade in order to save her, I think they will be very happy to have her removed and to take this issue out of their series so that they no longer need to be quite so worried about interpretation and where to intervene.

All of their statements have made a point of stressing how certain they have to be about racist behaviour before they can call someone for it. 'Overt' was in the statement before this one and the latest statement says "we cannot with *certainty* say that the comments directed at Shilpa have been racially motivated."

Seeing as people are arguing about it here and have been for days it would be impossible for Ch4 to say with certainty that it has been. They're happy for the public to decide - obviously because there is a revenue stream that comes from it but also because it stops them having to cast a judgement and that means they get to sidestep all sorts of legal problems.

I am sure that they're right about Jack not using the P word. I'm sure it was the C word. Simply because I am sure that if he had used the P word they would have kicked him out because that would have been overtly racist and they could easily have demonstrated their commitment to doing the right thing.

Unfortunately anything less concrete than that causes a real problem for them. Like I say, disregard the strength of your own feelings and look around at the variety of opinions being expressed. Imagine trying to prove in a court of law that it was or wasn't racially motivated. Imagine the effects on the life of anyone labelled a racist and imagine having that on your conscience if even a tiny percentage of you thought that it might not be racially motivated.

My own opinion is that the show has been very uncomfortable viewing and that Jade, Danielle and Jo have behaved terribly. I don't wish to see any of them lynched for it, I hate it when the crowd boos and the general mob mentality that can be created is not enjoyable. I will vote to evict Jade because I would like her to be removed from the house.

Instead of condemning her for her behaviour perhaps we should question how we allowed her to be elevated to a position where she could air her opinions in such a public way in the first place?
  • Options
    Rugby RoseRugby Rose Posts: 13,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jade will not come off well in tonight's highlights - apparently she has said something that BB were concerned enough about that she's been called into the diary room to ask her if it was racially motivated. She said no, so that's ok then. :rolleyes: But none of us have seen it yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent post DeetotheGee :)

I'm in agreement with you because I've always thought it to be ignorance, indifference and intolerance that has caused this. There's definitely a culture clash and also inverted snobbery of Jade's part...but as for racism, in Jack's case I still think so...and still not a hundred percent in agreement about what he said. But it doesn't look like it is going to be investigated further.

As for the baying mobs...I'm worried for all of them. I'm still angry with BB for allowing the Goodys in the first place. They must've known this was going to happen and probably bargained on it for viewing figures and votes.

I think BB in their unfair and biased editing in the first place ...and also their lack of intervention to nip it all in the bud, has caused this chaos that we are seeing now.

They may be backtracking to try and save these girls now...but it has come much much too late. :(
  • Options
    MaureenGMaureenG Posts: 19,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing they can do to show her in a good light.
    She has shown us all what she is like.
    Nothing will change viewers minds-the situation is beyond redemption.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Great post DeetotheGee! :D Although I sort of disagree with your last sentence - we should comdemn her and question how she got to this position.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No,BB have long since given up on her.They hung her out to dry last night (or rather Jade hung herself out to dry).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the catch up of last nights hl show and much of Jade's ranting (all the bad language stuff) has been edited out as has the question asked of Danielle in the DR about her remark regarding sending Shilpa home.

It was interesting, however, to observe again Cleo's facial expressions in the bedroom when Jade was justifying her actions and again ranting on about Shilpa. She, Cleo, looked very uncomfortable as she should when really what Jade was saying about Shilpa was actually the way she, Jade, herself was behaving - control freak, snob (well reverse in Jade's case) etc.

The still of Jade posing between the open doors with Jack the lad on the side really made me laugh. She appeared to be trying to look like the lady of the manor, master of all she surveyed trying to portray an arrogant look - truely amazing.

I've never, ever voted in a reality show before, but I will be voting Jade out.
  • Options
    northernslayernorthernslayer Posts: 3,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think they will do the same thing tonight. All the hl show will be pro jade and the audience will cheer when it comes to her interview.. aghhh.