Denise Van Outen

Comments

• MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    'Denise says the stories are completely untrue,' her spokesperson told MailOnline.

'Denise and Lee are very much still together. Lee is currently away in LA working,' they added.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2306824/Denise-Van-Outen-shoots-rumours-marriage-Lee-Mead-rocks.html#ixzz2Q5ILzOcI

that's all right then ......

Which begs the question why she didn't have a few days holiday in LA with him instead :rolleyes:
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    I don't know and I don't care if they are or aren't together, but they are the only ones who would know. Also, they really didn't need to tell anyone if they are or aren't together, if there is trouble, maybe they want to figure it out before announcing it. Or maybe they actually are fine.

I just can't understand why people actually go trough dates, times and places to see when they have or haven't been together. Why just not take their word for it, as they say that everything is fine, why not let it go then?

Not condoning it in anyway, because I haven't done it myself, just taken the word (and links) of fellow posters, but maybe some people take exception to being lied to... tbh I dont really know....

I think I'll "let it go" now........ until the official announcement which will probably include insincerities such as ... 'have grown apart.... work schedules kept them apart... amicable break up... ask for privacy at this difficult time....' etc etc
  • MadMoo40MadMoo40 Posts: 1,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not condoning it in anyway, because I haven't done it myself, just taken the word (and links) of fellow posters, but maybe some people take exception to being lied to... tbh I dont really know....

I think I'll "let it go" now........ until the official announcement which will probably include insincerities such as ... 'have grown apart.... work schedules kept them apart... amicable break up... ask for privacy at this difficult time....' etc etc

I guess when celebs sell their weddings, their christenings and stories of their relationship, then its only fair that these relationships are up for scrutiny from the public. No idea if these two did this or not, but they haven't exactly done badly from having such a public relationship.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

I think I'll "let it go" now........ until the official announcement which will probably include insincerities such as ... 'have grown apart.... work schedules kept them apart... amicable break up... ask for privacy at this difficult time....' etc etc[/QUOTE

BIB, What do people think they deserve to get honesty about? The status of DVO and her husbands marriage? They both have given that, but people go digging for dates and times? And they want to prove that DVO and her husband are lying? Why?

I'm really baffled at this entitled attitude. Even if celebs sell their wedding pictures to papers, that is what the person buying the paper is entitled to. It doesn't give the right to an access to anything else. Even these celebs are allowed to sort out their private lives without having nosey people demanding to know exactly what is going on.
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    Potkettle wrote: »
    Not so good for the child though.

They have an interconnecting door, most of the time they are together but can be seperate when they feel the need for their own space. Great idea if you have the money.
    My partner & I have a 3 year old daughter but we live in seperate houses, sadly not next door to each other. Daughter is well adjusted and happy
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2307525/Denise-Van-Outen-heads-solo-mission--husband-Lee-Mead-takes-charge-baby-Betsy-squashing-split-rumours.html

am actually starting to wonder if it's all a ploy (they're deliberately fuelling speculation) to keep them in the public eye...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2307525/Denise-Van-Outen-heads-solo-mission--husband-Lee-Mead-takes-charge-baby-Betsy-squashing-split-rumours.html

am actually starting to wonder if it's all a ploy (they're deliberately fuelling speculation) to keep them in the public eye...

Lee has returned from LA :eek:

Denise looks very glum in the first pics
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scone wrote: »
    They spent New Years apart too, something's not right

He was in panto and could not go on the holiday and why he could only make it to a couple of Strictly performaces as he too was performing, though the press tried to insinuate different , one wonders how they think he could be in two places at once.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's so unlucky to bump into photographers wherever she goes. I'm sure she really craves some privacy. :rolleyes::D
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's so unlucky to bump into photographers wherever she goes. I'm sure she really craves some privacy. :rolleyes::D

Yes and poor Lee & Betsy. Lee's plane wheels had hardly hit the tarmac before Denise had him out the door with their daughter while she wandered the streets! :rolleyes:

It's disgraceful the way she uses her daughter for photo opportunites. In some of the browsing for clothes pics, Betsy isn't in shot and in the street she isn't even holding her hand on what looks like a very busy road. That looks like bad parenting.
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never thought too much about DVO (and liked her on SCD ) so I am really confused as to why anyone should be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of DVO and LM splitting up.

What on earth is that all about?:confused:

I hope they are fine and ignore this nonsense.:yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    When you follow someone on Twitter for a lengthy period of time, you notice things. DVO reminds me of David Haye, in that from her tweets, you'd never guess she is married. Holidays, parties etc etc. I predict they'll announce a split before the year is out. Hope I'm wrong, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so I am really confused as to why anyone should be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of DVO and LM splitting up.

:

I don't see anyone doing that :confused:

just people commenting on a gossipy news item

from their Twitter accounts they do seem to lead pretty seperate lives
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    I don't see anyone doing that :confused:

just people commenting on a gossipy news item

from their Twitter accounts they do seem to lead pretty seperate lives

they're not ;)
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you follow someone on Twitter for a lengthy period of time, you notice things. DVO reminds me of David Haye, in that from her tweets, you'd never guess she is married. Holidays, parties etc etc. I predict they'll announce a split before the year is out. Hope I'm wrong, though.

You can't judge a couple's relationship by how much they mention and/or communicate with each other on twitter! Not everyone feels the need to share their every wind-breakage, row, snog and shag on twitter!:rolleyes: Unfortunately, there seems to be this idea that a couple are only in love with each other and happy together if they broadcast it on the internet. If they don't, then they must be unhappy/on the verge of splitting up!:rolleyes:
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Well, how often have read read stories about couples, strongly denied by their PR and Management only for it to be true!! I remember when Richard Gere was married to Cindy something or other (a model) they even took out a huge newspaper advert and yet it was true and they separated a few months later. I remember Marie Osmond going on TV (Oprah) saying how fab her husband Brian was, how supportive he was when she was depressed etc then rumours appeared about her marriage, strongly denied only for Marie to divorce her second husband after twenty odd years of marriage to re-marry her first husband again!!!!!!!!!!!!! Once the rumours start it is usually, sadly, correct.
    Forum Member
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    I guess when celebs sell their weddings, their christenings and stories of their relationship, then its only fair that these relationships are up for scrutiny from the public. No idea if these two did this or not, but they haven't exactly done badly from having such a public relationship.

Agree, it drives me up the wall when they say they want their "privacy respected" after selling their souls to the media, every event of their lives in Hello or OK etc. Bit like Pauline Quirke now complaining about the media asking about her weight gain after she made a fortune from her Milkshake adverts for a diet Company. Hilarious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    You can't judge a couple's relationship by how much they mention and/or communicate with each other on twitter! Not everyone feels the need to share their every wind-breakage, row, snog and shag on twitter!:rolleyes: Unfortunately, there seems to be this idea that a couple are only in love with each other and happy together if they broadcast it on the internet. If they don't, then they must be unhappy/on the verge of splitting up!:rolleyes:

it's more about the amount of time they appear to spend apart/Denise and her solo holidays/partying etc than the lack of twitter communication between them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »

It's not just Twitter, though. It's also the fact they never seem to be together. I personally think one of a married couple going abroad without the other is a classic tell-tale sign that the end is nigh. Like I said, hope I'm wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    I find this story bizarre. They're pretty low-rent on the celebrity couples circuit, and I think it's insane that so many media outlets are enquiring as to the state of their relationship, as if it's anybody's business. Like this quote from the DM:

"Neither presenter asked Denise who will be looking after the toddler while she is on stage, or why a family member couldn't be asked to care for her so her parents could enjoy a relaxing break together."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2308056/Denise-Van-Outen-sets-record-straight-Lee-Mead-marriage-crisis-rumours-We-dont-nanny-thats-holiday-separately.html

Why is it anyone's business? Leave them be, bloody hell.
    Forum Member
    shoot wrote: »
    I find this story bizarre. They're pretty low-rent on the celebrity couples circuit, and I think it's insane that so many media outlets are enquiring as to the state of their relationship, as if it's anybody's business. Like this quote from the DM:

"Neither presenter asked Denise who will be looking after the toddler while she is on stage, or why a family member couldn't be asked to care for her so her parents could enjoy a relaxing break together."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2308056/Denise-Van-Outen-sets-record-straight-Lee-Mead-marriage-crisis-rumours-We-dont-nanny-thats-holiday-separately.html

Why is it anyone's business? Leave them be, bloody hell.

so their lives are by 'invitation' only are they? ie paid photo shoots for weddings, first baby shots, beach holidays with toddler etc etc etc

too bloody bad if the flip side of that is people 'gatecrashing' the divorce...
    Forum Member
    Denise has often sold stories on her relationship, talked about her daughter on SCD, I believe their marriage was sold to Hello. So now suddenly, when she does not want to discuss her marriage, we have no right to know what is going on.
  • Julie_EvansJulie_Evans Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise has often sold stories on her relationship, talked about her daughter on SCD, I believe their marriage was sold to Hello. So now suddenly, when she does not want to discuss her marriage, we have no right to know what is going on.

I don't think her wedding was sold to a magazine, her and Lee got married abroad, there were hardly any photographs if I remember correctly.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    so their lives are by 'invitation' only are they? ie paid photo shoots for weddings, first baby shots, beach holidays with toddler etc etc etc

too bloody bad if the flip side of that is people 'gatecrashing' the divorce...

Yeah, that how it goes. If they decide to sell their wedding pics to magazines, it's their right. It still doesn't give access for people to anything more, than what was actually sold. Doesn't it work like that anywhere? When you buy milk from the shop, it doesn't give you the right to take anything else. Celebs have the right to pick and choose what they want the public to know.
  • tsarinatsarina Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think their wedding pictures were sold anywhere? If I recall they released one shot to the media and nobody knew about it until it was over?

Can't say it looks all hunky dory to me and even though I didn't really care for her on SCD and think they seem a mismatched couple I do actually hope all is OK.