Glee (US Pace) (Part 5)

Comments

• CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd expect Fire and Rain to be a solo rather than a group number personally, but that's just my feeling. I could see it being Puck or Mr Schue, I'd really dislike it if it was done by Artie purely because there's characters closer to Finn than him. And then there's the fact i just dont like him :p

I don't think
    "being close" to Finn is really going to be a deciding factor in this episode. Besides which, I would argue that Artie had a great deal of influence on Finn in the last season. He was the one who spoke of Finn being the reason that New Directions got going (in the graduation ep in S3) and also last season got Finn to come and direct New ND during Grease, thereby setting him (along with Marley) on the path to becoming a teacher.
    lil_boo wrote: »
    Full version of Yesterday from 5x01 has been released, hauntingly beautiful considering the context of the song
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/09/16/hear-glee-star-lea-michele-sing-the-beatles-yesterday-premiere/

I'm still interested to see how this is going to fit into the context
    of the Love, Love, Love episode opener as it's supposed to be connected to her Funny Girl storyline.
    It is an utterly beautiful arrangement though, I'm wondering if perhaps Rachel got the role in FG but then has been dumped by the director/lead male actor for one of the other call back actresses?
  • lil_boolil_boo Posts: 1,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by the synopsis for 5x01 it looks as though...
    Rachel doesn't get the lead in Funny Girl, I don't know if that's true, but all hints seem to point in that direction
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lil_boo wrote: »
    Full version of Yesterday from 5x01 has been released, hauntingly beautiful considering the context of the song
    http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013/09/16/hear-glee-star-lea-michele-sing-the-beatles-yesterday-premiere/

I love this, I think Lea sounds great, had tears in my eyes listening to it.
    Cadiva wrote: »
    I

I'm still interested to see how this is going to fit into the context
    of the Love, Love, Love episode opener as it's supposed to be connected to her Funny Girl storyline.
    It is an utterly beautiful arrangement though, I'm wondering if perhaps Rachel got the role in FG but then has been dumped by the director/lead male actor for one of the other call back actresses?
    I don't think Rachel gets the role because apparently she and Santana get jobs as waitresses in a diner. They shot scenes for "Yesterday" in New York and there were pictures that showed Lea outside a theater with signs for Funny Girl, they also went to Sardi's and Bow Bridge in Central Park (where Finn and Rachel met in season 2) so I think it's supposed to be more like she's reflecting on things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this, I think Lea sounds great, had tears in my eyes listening to it.

I don't think Rachel gets the role because apparently she and Santana get jobs as waitresses in a diner. They shot scenes for "Yesterday" in New York and there were pictures that showed Lea outside a theater with signs for Funny Girl, they also went to Sardi's and Bow Bridge in Central Park (where Finn and Rachel met in season 2) so I think it's supposed to be more like she's reflecting on things.

I'm not sure
    they'd be that harsh to Rachel though given Finn's fate and what we know she's going to be going through two episodes later (never mind Lea as well). I'm wondering if she gets the role but the show is then cancelled rather than she's not cast in the first place. Or she gets cast but then something occurs behind the scenes to give the role to one of the other two auditionees.

First Listen song spoilers (only 30 seconds atm) for EP01 and EP02 are up at The Glee Forum. I'm going to link to their thread rather than pasting all the links here cos there's too many!
  • xxLoopy_louxxxxLoopy_louxx Posts: 21,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure
    they'd be that harsh to Rachel though given Finn's fate and what we know she's going to be going through two episodes later (never mind Lea as well). I'm wondering if she gets the role but the show is then cancelled rather than she's not cast in the first place. Or she gets cast but then something occurs behind the scenes to give the role to one of the other two auditionees.
    Well, I'm obviously not 100% sure about the audition but they were definitely at Bow Bridge, this compares the season 2 episode and the one from this season. http://littlegleeprincess.tumblr.com/post/60866333481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I'm obviously not 100% sure about the audition but they were definitely at Bow Bridge, this compares the season 2 episode and the one from this season. http://littlegleeprincess.tumblr.com/post/60866333481

Yeah I know,
    they've been filming at various New York locations which have relevance to Rachel and to her relationship with Finn but also with relevance to her Funny Girl story line. There's been quite a lot of photos posted on the Glee Forum as well as the ones Lea put on her Twitter the other day.
    Still not sure, as they've said they won't be mentioning Finn at all in the first two episodes, whether this is going to just be "reflective Rachel" whether or not she gets Funny Girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think
    "being close" to Finn is really going to be a deciding factor in this episode. Besides which, I would argue that Artie had a great deal of influence on Finn in the last season. He was the one who spoke of Finn being the reason that New Directions got going (in the graduation ep in S3) and also last season got Finn to come and direct New ND during Grease, thereby setting him (along with Marley) on the path to becoming a teacher.
    I don't think I phrased that right looking back on it. I don't mean that only those closest to Finn should be singing or that, I just feel that song in particular would suit someone who is closer to Finn than Artie was, like his best friend or his father figure.
    I do however think that the episode won't have very much to do with those who influenced Finn at all (maybe with the exception of Mr Schue), and will be more about the influence of Finn. So rather than it being what Artie did for him, it would be more like what he did for Artie. Things like how he helped Kurt and Santana accept themselves, how he inspired Mr Schue, how he showed Puck that not everyone would give up on him like his dad did etc. On that note I'll actually accept Artie too because Finn got him on to the football team which would help him accept that his lack of legs doesn't limit him.
  • Arwen_EvenstarArwen_Evenstar Posts: 801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally caught up with the last two episodes of Season 4. Some good bits but boy oh boy they need to buck up their ideas in season 5. Ditching boring Marley and Jake would be a start!
    As an aside I was surprised to see Naya Rivera's promo shot for her new single shows the double whammy of boob & butt... maybe not surprised, disappointed maybe. Thought she was classier than that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cory is to receive a special tribute, along with other actors and a TV producer, at this year's Emmy Awards.
    In addition to the traditional “In Memoriam” segment with a montage of departed greats, Sunday’s 65th Emmy Awards ceremony (CBS, live, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT) will feature separate tributes to James Gandolfini, Gary David Goldberg, Cory Monteith, Jean Stapleton and Jonathan Winters delivered by friends who knew them well.

Edie Falco will remember Gandolfini, her co-star on The Sopranos; Michael J. Fox will honor his Family Ties producer, Goldberg; Jane Lynch will talk about her Glee castmate, Monteith; Rob Reiner will pay homage to Stapleton, who played his mother-in-law Edith Bunker on All in the Family; and Robin Williams will salute his mentor, comedian Jonathan Winters, who worked with him on Mork and Mindy.

Source.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cory is to receive a special tribute, along with other actors and a TV producer, at this year's Emmy Awards.

Source.

I'm really happy that it's Jane talking about Cory
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really happy that it's Jane talking about Cory

I think she'll do a wonderful job, she's already expressed her own and the wider Glee family's feelings so well in the interviews she's had since his death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Naya Rivera's Sorry is on ITunes and is currently 31 on US ITunes and 37 on UK ITunes
  • Mr.LavigneMr.Lavigne Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glee returns to Sky One on October 4th. Which I don't think is within 7 days.
  • dizziedizzie Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it's 8 days. The change of air day is really annoying, as is the decision to put it in an 8pm slot. This is a 9pm show in the US, and will invariably mean cuts for language or content - no matter how minor or inconsequential, I've no interest in watching an edited version.

Also, 8 days after US broadcast is still daft - we get the same gaps in broadcast that they will - in this case, likely a 4 week baseball break that the US has (unless they decide to air the day after the show from 8th Nov onwards - when Glee returns in the US on 7th Nov, in which case it'll only be a 3 week break instead), and then another lengthy break from Xmas all the way til April as Glee's taking a huge hiatus this season. I'm going to watch the unedited version online anyway, makes no difference to me, but I think will affect the more casual viewer! Time after time, it's been proven that UK viewers don't want 3 episodes, then a month's break, then 5 episodes and then a 4 month(!) break before the final part of the season is show. It's different in the US, they don't mind the weeks in between, at least they get reruns. Sky, on the other hand, will struggle to fill slots that aren't permanently occupied, and it may end up that Glee's air day moves again,when it comes back.

The one hope I have is that, after the first 3 episodes, Sky is planning to air the day after the US air date. That would be best really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's more like they will air the three episodes for now, then take a big break maybe right through to March.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full song spoilers now up at The Glee Forum for the two Beatles tribute episodes. The thread (as there's too many individual links for me to copy and paste as I'm being lazy) is here.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    I think it's more like they will air the three episodes for now, then take a big break maybe right through to March.

that isn't going to happen - fox wont let that happen - will probably be back in november
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that isn't going to happen - fox wont let that happen - will probably be back in november

I meant Sky1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it looks like information has started to appear about episode 5x04 (the episode after the hiatus following the Cory/Finn tribute episode). The episode looks to be another competition episode with the characters dividing into two camps:
    "A Katy or A Gaga". So it looks like we are going to get a Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga episode (for some reason).

It will also be the introduction of Adam Lambert's character, Starchild, who will be playing a rival to Kurt (and I thought the obvious age difference between Kurt and Adam (hey, remember him...) was bad!

I'd say that one of those artists has definitely had more of an impact on the story of Glee than the other and personally I find it a little odd for Glee to be promoting fandom rivalry in some respects but I'm sure it'll be an interesting enough episode...or just a promotion for those artist's new albums/singles...
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    huggzy wrote: »
    So it looks like information has started to appear about episode 5x04 (the episode after the hiatus following the Cory/Finn tribute episode). The episode looks to be another competition episode with the characters dividing into two camps:
    "A Katy or A Gaga". So it looks like we are going to get a Katy Perry vs. Lady Gaga episode (for some reason).

It will also be the introduction of Adam Lambert's character, Starchild, who will be playing a rival to Kurt (and I thought the obvious age difference between Kurt and Adam (hey, remember him...) was bad!

I'd say that one of those artists has definitely had more of an impact on the story of Glee than the other and personally I find it a little odd for Glee to be promoting fandom rivalry in some respects but I'm sure it'll be an interesting enough episode...or just a promotion for those artist's new albums/singles...

I hate it when they base episodes around artists rather than having a proper storyline but the Britney tributes are two of my favourite episodes so I hope this will be good. I hope mashups happen in this episode.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when they base episodes around artists rather than having a proper storyline but the Britney tributes are two of my favourite episodes so I hope this will be good. I hope mashups happen in this episode.

I agree. Glee works best when it at least attempts to be organic with it's episodes but those days are long gone. It doesn't look like it will be a mash up episode:
    They are performing "Roar" (The ND + NYC) and "Wide Awake" (Half of ND) by Katy Perry and then "Applause" (the other half of ND) and "Marry the Night" (Adam Lambert)

Apparently they haven't quite considered the continuity error of them performing songs which were released after the characters should have graduated...

I wonder how often that mistake will be made this season. Whether it's the wrong weather, wrong type of clothing for the weather it should be, whether they will keep making jokes about current events.No Christmas album this year I guess (or at least no episode to accompany it).

If anything the show being stuck pre-May 2013 should have meant they had a reason to not be able to do really, really modern pop stuff...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless the show was always set one year in the future?

Or they do a christmas themed prom or something.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    huggzy wrote: »

Where did you find this?

Sounds interesting enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Where did you find this?

Most of the information spoilers comes via The Glee Forum in my experience and they pick up stuff from various sources all over the net.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Where did you find this?

Most of the information spoilers comes via The Glee Forum in my experience and they pick up stuff from various sources all over the net.

I get my spoiler stuff from the Glee Wikia. They have Source links for all their speculation things.
    They in turn get it from a very, very reliable Brazilian Glee fan site who always seem to be right on the money with their spoiler stuff.