The Great British Bake Off 2015 - Series 6

Comments

• jonbwfcjonbwfc Posts: 18,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    How exactly would it work if no one was bad enough to go out in the first couple weeks? No eliminations, then 3 in the 3rd?
    Actually that's not a bad idea. Would mean people who have first week nerves wouldn't get punted for it.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the company guys, see you all next week. Off to watch benefit cheats now..
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was huge fun as usual.

See you next time :)
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    I never get why they moved extra slice to a Friday. Best straight after imo.

Didn't it start on a Friday last year and get moved to Wednesday am I back to front?!

So pleased for Dorret. I think overall Stu was probably the right choice to go.
  • suesuesuesuesuesue Posts: 16,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to work with Dorrett ..... let's see how she is on here :(
    Oooohhhhh just catching up on thread, do spill :)
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ess_Bee wrote: »
    Good for Little Dorrett!

When the rubber mudslide eyeball cake wasn't bad enough to be eliminated you know he must have been bad!
  • DoohDahDoohDah Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    I can't see anything wrong with referring to a contestant as Scottish when they are, in fact, from Scotland!
  • vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ess_Bee wrote: »
    Good for Little Dorrett!
    I'm getting a flashback to English A-Level - we had to study Little Dorrit :o
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    When the rubber mudslide eyeball cake wasn't bad enough to be eliminated you know he must have been bad!

I know it's wicked but when she lifted the collar thingy and her cake began gushing out like a chocolate fondue fountain... and she just froze in distress... I burst out laughing :D:blush::blush:
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Bye bye hipster. :cool:
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,268
    Forum Member
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    I know it's wicked but when she lifted the collar thingy and her cake began gushing out like a chocolate fondue fountain... and she just froze in distress... I burst out laughing :D:blush::blush:

I could have cried for her, it was such a shame. She's just lucky that Mary didn't like Stus beetroot.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed watching tonight's opening episode...Bought back memories as I had a Black Forest Gateau as my 13th birthday cake for the 1st time way back in 1979. My mum was too busy to bake a typical birthday cake (Victoria sponge, raspberry jam, thick clotted cream) for me and she popped down to the bakers late Saturday afternoon and there was only one cake they had left unfortunately but she went "What the hell...?" and bought it anyway. It was quite delicious although it did have a strong alcohol aftertaste.

Poor Dorret...she looked like if she was going into meltdown mode...just like her last baking creation!

I agree with the judges's decision to let Stu go as I wasn't impressed with his 3 individual cakes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I may have run it back to see it again :blush:
    I'm bad :blush:
  • Clarkie66Clarkie66 Posts: 5,892
    Forum Member
    It's great to have the Bake Off back. I absolutely loved it and it had lots of laugh out loud moments. The contestants were a lovely mix of characters and came across as really likeable and entertaining. From now on I think I'm going to be sad whoever goes.

When I've had black forest gateau in the past it always had a biscuity base that Paul and Mary turned there nose up at! I'm now going to read back through all the pages of posts as I couldn't take my eyes off it when it was on.
  • Welsh-ladWelsh-lad Posts: 51,925
    Forum Member
    aggs wrote: »
    I may have run it back to see it again :blush:
    I'm bad :blush:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0658fbp/the-great-british-bake-off-series-6-1-cake

at 44:38 :blush:
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eadfrith wrote: »
    Have they dropped the educational segments?

They didn't have it in the first episode of last series either because they were pushed for time. Sure it'll be back next week.
    What the hell was he doing there in the first place??

Perhaps he simply isn't very good at cakes. We've had bakers in the past who excel far more at the savories. In the end, they have to be good to great at a variety of things to win but everyone has their stumbling blocks and if yours comes in the first week...
  • chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member

Mine was an oh nooooooooo followed by :D:D:D:D:D:D laughing
  • HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    I'm quite shocked that I found all the contestants likeable .
    Generally one or two or three wind me up . OK, often as not they redeem themselves at some point and I end up liking them , but this lot are all rather pleasant . The worst I can say id that Flora (?) [the blonde one ?] is too chatty and effusive . She's like a bouncy licky labrador puppy .Gushing at the judges and Mel & Sue irritates me , but it might be a nervous thing with her and hopefully she'll calm down .
    Stu . I actually said in the first 20 mins "If I had to kick someone out it at this point would be Stu. Simply for wearing his hat while baking ". I think that's a pretentious 'look-at-how-cool-I-am ' thing . But by the end of the show the hat was the least of his faults . It's nice to put a twist on some bakes , but doing it every time unsuccessfully wears very very thin . Mary was like an ice queen with him, very frosty . She didn't try to hide her annoyance with him .
    Great opening show and I'm glad little Dorret survived that traumatic disaster .
    My favourite so far is Marie . I like the rather dour prison Warden chap too though .He might be a dark horse .
  • The FBIThe FBI Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I laughed so much when floppy cake slid. So funny!
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    Ugne? What a weird name.

She's Lithuanian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    They didn't have it in the first episode of last series either because they were pushed for time. Sure it'll be back next week.

Perhaps he simply isn't very good at cakes. We've had bakers in the past who excel far more at the savories. In the end, they have to be good to great at a variety of things to win but everyone has their stumbling blocks and if yours comes in the first week...

But they know what they have each week and they obviously practice at home but he was bad over all 3 rounds and a couple of days. I think it was as much what he baked as the way he baked it. Surely people at home had been guinea pig testers?
  • spikewomanspikewoman Posts: 12,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah this crop seem to be quite a likeable bunch so far. Sandy reminds me of Victoria Wood
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, oh why must the British bakeoff have a trailer with a horrible American soundtrack?
    Confused, Tunbridge Wells

I did not notice but they got into trouble with the Sound of Music one!
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spikewoman wrote: »
    Yeah this crop seem to be quite a likeable bunch so far. Sandy reminds me of Victoria Wood

She was probably my least favourite tonight but we'll see as the weeks go on and we see more of each individual.
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starsailor wrote: »
    Yesssssss!!!!! Hat boy gone

And ring through nose and tattoos ....