β New Look Beta Site

Comments

• anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they push ahead with the beta in general the way it is at the moment, they will loose a lot of people.

Or even lose. :D
  • Kenny MacleanKenny Maclean Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or even lose. :D

Damn it. That was dee123's fault. :D
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn it. That was dee123's fault. :D

:D Looser.
  • Black SheepBlack Sheep Posts: 15,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aetnla wrote: »
    The beta version of the main site can be seen at http://beta.digitalspy.co.uk/. Is there also a beta version of the forum site?

The beta site is horrendous, loads slow and takes five weeks to scroll.

As normal these days it's design looks like it's made for advertisers and not users.>:(
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dammit, it's back again, so now I get to rummage in my cookies. Starting to think it'll just be easier to delete my bookmark and switch it for the forum one, bypassing the front page entirely.
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Horrible >:(
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaand it's gone again, without me doing anything. Seriously, what is the deal?
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It has happened to me too. Reverted back to Beta even though I cleared cookies. I would not mind but it is so badly designed, I truly hate the main page because it takes so much scrolling to get through it.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had to use CCleaner, optimise with my internet security too and then I reset my router - I have so many problems with internet connection on my PC I wasn't sure it was DS or not.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also have problem with the login pop-up box and the reply box (won't post replies easily) yet it posts a direct post like this no problem.
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,743
    Administrator
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I also have problem with the login pop-up box and the reply box (won't post replies easily) yet it posts a direct post like this no problem.

Hi Muggins14, can you please PM us more details of this issue? We've had no similar reports so telling us what the problem is and how to reproduce it would be very helpful to getting it resolved.

Thanks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Muggins14, can you please PM us more details of this issue? We've had no similar reports so telling us what the problem is and how to reproduce it would be very helpful to getting it resolved.

Thanks!

Will do.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Is this what keeps causing the forum to crawl to a standstill?
  • SupportSupport Posts: 70,743
    Administrator
    Electra wrote: »
    Is this what keeps causing the forum to crawl to a standstill?

No - one of the hamsters has perished. Both the main site and the forums are going to be experiencing performance issues while we replace it.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the Beta :D
  • SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What the hell has happened to the look of the forums >:(>:(
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't want to do it but enough is enough and I finally bought an ad blocker app for my iPad.

The fact that the depth of the header advert defines the length of the page causing a jerk on every page load has finally got to me.
    The advertisers have more control over this site than digitalspy and for that reason, I'm out.

Tell me when the adverts will not get in the way of my user experience and I will gladly disable the ad blocker but for now, it's blisteringly fast and smooth and I'm loving it.
  • GPGP Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Where are the rss feeds on the beta version?
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't get the old version at all now.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They went for a nice mobile friendly website with more click bait.
  • GPGP Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    GP wrote: »
    Where are the rss feeds on the beta version?

anyone?
  • alias aliasalias alias Posts: 8,824
    Forum Member
    The Beta site is 'Website of the Fortnight' in Webuser magazine this fortnight.

Never heard of it, now i know not to ever read it.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't comment on their "articles" anymore, that's annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I really miss not being able to comment on the articles. Not that I'm reading them because the homepage is so awful to look at, a real strain on the eyes and also just a crazy mess.

To be able to continue using the forums I've had to install 2 scripts using Stylish and remove the black bar with uBlock. No one should have to put so much effort into being able to access a site they love.

This whole sorry shambles and the way negative feedback keeps getting deleted even though feedback was asked for reflects very, very badly on Hearst. I imagine if the mistakes made aren't admitted to and fixed the site and forums will end up being closed sooner rather than later as people go elsewhere.
  • Aslan52Aslan52 Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Help required!

I've just tried to start a new thread and I've discovered that I can't enter text into the "Title" box.

I normally use Google Chrome. Tried clearing my cookies and restarting Chrome but it had no effect.

Tried using Internet Explorer instead (which I've never used AT ALL previously) and the same problem occurred.

Tried using both Chrome and IE on two different computers and the problem is constant in all cases.

Anybody know how to fix this?