Options

"Racist violence against non-white UK citizens is not taken serioiusly"

2»

Comments

• Options
    pjc229pjc229 Posts: 1,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If an Asian man was attacked by 12 white men I would say it would have treat a lot more seriously.

Have you mistakenly assumed that the victim of that attack was a white man?
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    That is indeed a worthy question to ask of the police. But how does that relate to the topic at hand which is about attacks on non-white UK citizens and whether it is taken seriously or not?
    It never will. Simple as. Because society are scared of losing their jobs and what not - introduce political correctness.
    Human rights is pathetic.
    The bigger picture is beyond human rights, stop thinking softy softy and start tthinking of ways of getting off this planet for billions.
    Seriously it has nothing to do with racism, our ultimate goal as "earthlings" is to colonise other planets. It is as simple as that, but even the so-called educated can not see that - they would rather blame the racists and what not rather than blame society as a whole. Basically humanity is screwed... because of religion.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I missing something?

The guy has been jailed for life (minimum 14 years) even though nobody was killed.

How is that not taking violence against non-whites seriously?
  • Options
    wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The agenda is there because of countless threads that get hijacked to be about the exact topics you are interested in - I put in the request in the OP, because I hoped this thread wouldn't be derailed in the same way. I apologise if that affects your sense of right. I don't see why one single thread is such a problem when you have the abundant choice of countless others that to me, fit precisely what you want to talk about.
    I'm not interested in them; I haven't posted in the 'Increased attacks on Muslims' thread and I have no desire to.

Like I said, I just take umbrage with specific points of discussion (whatever those might be) being stifled from the outset as it does nothing to help your cause.
  • Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two threads on the front page pushing the victim agenda?

Whilst Europe is facing an invasion by sheer weight of numbers.
    Some mistake surely?

Stereotyping these discussions isn't helping at all. In fact it continues to keep the divide where it is. Nobody's forcing you to post in these topics if they upset you so much.

I think this is an important topic because people like the doctor in the story and myself are living the concerns about it every day. By the way, the victim in this story wasn't a Muslim - hate to tell you the facts and all that...

There's a thread about the migration story - you can vent your fury there should you wish. Your post just smacks of a desire to silence the idea that these subjects are important and are a concern. Nobody wants anyone like this doctor to die - no one decent minded. Nobody wanted Lee Rigby to die except for two terrorists who are now convicted and in jail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malliday wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

The guy has been jailed for life (minimum 14 years) even though nobody was killed.

How is that not taking violence against non-whites seriously?

If you see the victim's speech video, you'll understand the context. I think the authorities can be very hot and cold about these things irrespective of your race or background.
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stereotyping these discussions isn't helping at all. In fact it continues to keep the divide where it is. Nobody's forcing you to post in these topics if they upset you so much.

I think this is an important topic because people like the doctor in the story and myself are living the concerns about it every day. By the way, the victim in this story wasn't a Muslim - hate to tell you the facts and all that...

There's a thread about the migration story - you can vent your fury there should you wish. Your post just smacks of a desire to silence the idea that these subjects are important and are a concern. Nobody wants anyone like this doctor to die - no one decent minded. Nobody wanted Lee Rigby to die except for two terrorists who are now convicted and in jail.

And the sensational title of this thread doesn't?

After the whole episode of Stephan Lawrence, the fall out from that and the far reaching changes to policing in this country?
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    I'd say it was the other way 'round.

White people get attacked because of their race all the time, and nobody takes it seriously.

Is this just your opinion, or do you have evidence to support this claim?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The_One wrote: »
    Whites and blacks (Afro British) for the most part, if-not totally seem to be united over the last couple of decades.
    It seems to me that people of Muslim based origins are uncomfortable with our way of life, therefore religions do not have a place in modern day westernised life. And don't come giving me the bollocks of that I'm ill-informed, I live among multi-culturalism I don't need vote results and what not to define my way of thinking unlike a load of ill-informed vote-results analysis perspective.

Basically in laymen's terms and thus not politically correct... the core of the problem are these people. NOT the racists, xenos or bigots like the so-called educated who feel who are to blame who have little to none life experience other than reading news articles vote analysis statistics.

Seriously, almost all problems seem to stem from Islam/Muslims.

Sorry, but you are ill-informed.
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    jjwales wrote: »
    Is this just your opinion, or do you have evidence to support this claim?

Rotherham.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

After the whole episode of Stephan Lawrence, the fall out from that and the far reaching changes to policing in this country?

I don't shy away from anything that gets a conversation going. I'm not embarrassed by it and your attempts to make it as such are poor. It's an important discussion for me, and maybe not for anyone else but that's fine. I can deal with that. It's also what the doctor said in the video if you'd bothered to view it - clearly you haven't. And compared to some threat topics on this forum? You must be joking if this is a primary concern of yours.

There's no question the way attacks are dealt with have changed. Change can be good and bad. It always happens over long periods of time. Administrations come and go leaving their own marks. But each time frame is its own microcosm. We're far along from the early 90s. And in some ways things haven't changed. And in others things have got worse.
  • Options
    Bar Bar JinksBar Bar Jinks Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Here is something to cheer you all up.

Video of a beating inside an Ottawa jail shows Carlos Larmond, who is facing terrorism-related charges along with his twin brother, being attacked after allegedly trying to convert another inmate to Islam.
    “It first started with some friendly requests for him to convert to Islam and be a soldier of Islam, and my client was having none of it,” Giancaterino said. “It escalated to the point where threats were starting to be made that my client would be killed in his cell if he didn’t convert. That was followed up by another threat that my client’s family would be killed by someone on the outside if he didn’t convert.”

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d5c_1441986146

:D
  • Options
    JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Elyan wrote: »
    I'd say it was the other way 'round.

White people get attacked because of their race all the time, and nobody takes it seriously.

this is what i feel as well.
  • Options
    MallidayMalliday Posts: 3,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you see the victim's speech video, you'll understand the context. I think the authorities can be very hot and cold about these things irrespective of your race or background.

Well, given the context, you could equally ask the same about any sort of crime; not just hate crimes.

First of all, since Lee Rigby is part of the context, let's consider that Adebolajo was free to commit the attack on Lee Rigby despite being on the authorities' radar.

And there will be thousands of other extremists, people with mental health problems and violent offenders, of all persuasions, out on the streets right now despite being known to the police. Not to mention how many petty criminals, burglars, thugs, paedos, rapists, gangsters etc etc. are not behind bars despite being known to police.

Unless you're suggesting interning or imprisoning people before they have committed a crime (e.g. Guantanamo Bay style), then I'm not quite sure how much more seriously you expect the authorities to take this problem. Reading white supremacist garbage isn't a crime, just as listening to extremist bullshit from some hate preacher is not.

The authorities can only act once a crime has been committed, and I know for a fact that there are far-right organisations on their terrorism/banned list of organisations and there will be a number of their members on their watch lists. Goodness knows that Tommy Robinson bloke, for example, has been harassed by the police enough to know that it's not a one-way street.

But until these people actually do something to cross the line from thinking extremist ideas to actually planning or committing the acts, then there's not much the authorities can do. Perhaps they should be getting stricter, but at what point do you start impinging on civil liberties in doing so?

In the meantime, as long as they are offering robust sentences (as they have done in this case) and convictions for hate crimes are increasing (which they are) then I think it's difficult to suggest that these issues are not being taken seriously.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

After the whole episode of Stephan Lawrence , the fall out from that and the far reaching changes to policing in this country?

After Stephan Lawrence I don't see how anyone can state violence against non-whites is not taken seriously.

You just have to see how being accused of racism can end careers these days and in fact has done. If Dianne Abbot was white she would be out of job by now.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't sure if I should create a new thread or add to this one I created a few weeks ago, but the ex-soldier who intervened and stopped the attack has now given his side of the story:
    An ex-soldier who stopped a neo-Nazi beheading a Flintshire shopper with a hammer and a machete says he is still haunted by the savage attack.
    Zack Davies, 26, tried to kill dentist Dr Sarandev Bhambra, 25, in revenge for the murder of Fusilier Lee Rigby.
    The racially motivated attack happened in Tesco in Mold in January and earlier this month Davies was jailed for life.
    Speaking for the first time since the attack, Peter Fuller, 44, said it was "like something out of a horror movie".
    "I will think about what happened for the rest of my life," he said.
    "That's the image I still have in my head every night - him running towards me with the machete raised and dripping blood.
    "It is like something out of a horror movie."
    Mr Fuller spoke out about the ordeal before accepting an award for outstanding bravery from the Pride of Britain Awards.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-34382072

He explains more in the article. I admire him greatly for having the courage to stop the attack. A true hero in every sense of the word.