Ebay advice please........

SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
Forum Member
Sold CD player on ebay recently. Buyer paid by paypal and the item was sent recorded delivery and delivered by Parcel Force. A week or so later, item was returned back to me as 'Item not wanted' on a sticker placed on the box by Parcel Force. The buyer didn't contact me before or after and didn't for about two weeks. I decided to wait for the buyer to get in contact with me as I was unsure what was happening here.

This morning, the ebay buyer in question finally does contact me to ask where the item is and for tracking details? So, what should I do? I have no intention of sending the item back out - unless a further payment for postage is paid. Should I just refund the original payment, minus the postage of course, if the buyer starts being difficult? I'm wondering if this is some sort of scam? Advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are Ebay experts within the Ebay community forums who would have all the answers.

At the bottom of the "My Ebay" summary page, click on Community.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    There are Ebay experts within the Ebay community forums who would have all the answers.

At the bottom of the "My Ebay" summary page, click on Community.

Thanks, I'll also give that a go.

Advice here would also still be appreciated.
    Forum Member
    For some reason ebay discussion/answer centre won't let me post question. Typed in question but the 'continue' button doesn't light up to progress to discussion board?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the buyer is asking where the CD player is you need to establish with Parcelforce what happened as it's not clear at all.

Did Parcelforce attempt delivery or did he refuse it, is there any proof of either occuring?

I'm not sure if you sign anything if you refuse delivery?
    Forum Member
    Andrew-W wrote: »
    If the buyer is asking where the CD player is you need to establish with Parcelforce what happened as it's not clear at all.

Did Parcelforce attempt delivery or did he refuse it, is there any proof of either occuring?

I'm not sure if you sign anything if you refuse delivery?

Buyer has just contacted me with no explanation other than they WILL pay the postage again to send the item. How best to invoice them for the postage again is now the question? I don't wish to incur paypal fees for handling this new amount.
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    Buyer has just contacted me with no explanation other than they WILL pay the postage again to send the item. How best to invoice them for the postage again is now the question? I don't wish to incur paypal fees for handling this new amount.

The buyer can make an additional payment through the email address you have linked to your paypal accont.
    Forum Member
    terry45 wrote: »
    The buyer can make an additional payment through the email address you have linked to your paypal accont.

Thanks. I've just emailed the buyer and waiting to hear back. I've had to include the 3.4% plus 0.20p paypal transaction fee with the postage costs.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Get them to do a bank transfer, don't involve paypal.
  • scottie2121scottie2121 Posts: 11,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP - have you spoken to Parcelforce?

It could be they've messed up and need to put things right for you and the buyer.
    Forum Member
    Get them to do a bank transfer, don't involve paypal.

Why is that? Paypal do have a request money facility.
    OP - have you spoken to Parcelforce?

It could be they've messed up and need to put things right for you and the buyer.

The buyer isn't objecting, so I assume they except that the problem was with them. The package had a 'Returned - item not wanted' label on the front of the package.
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    Why is that? Paypal do have a request money facility.

The buyer isn't objecting, so I assume they except that the problem was with them. The package had a 'Returned - item not wanted' label on the front of the package.

To avoid the charges.
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To avoid the charges.

OP has already stated fees will be covered by buyer. Bank transfer is a no no for ebay transactions.
    Forum Member
    OP has already stated fees will be covered by buyer. Bank transfer is a no no for ebay transactions.

Absolutely. The buyer has now sent the postage fee via the paypal request money option. My only concern is when they get the item back they end up doing a sly chargeback on postage.

The buyer seems ok about the whole thing though, so I'll have to wait and see. I've asked why the item was 'refused as not wanted' but have not had reply to that question yet. Parcel Force don't appear to be at fault either.
    Forum Member

It's to cover extra charges, not to pay for the item so a bank transfer is much easier and convenient.