ids

Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
Forum Member
did this vile man win the vote?if so i hope hes moved from the job he does. no compaaion for anybody

Comments

• Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    what do you mean 'win the vote'??
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate to say it, but with a Tory majority, even as small as it is, Iain Duncan-Snith is going to be nastier, harder hitting and more callous than ever before :(
  • Jean_DanielsJean_Daniels Posts: 5,031
    Forum Member
    Aura101 wrote: »
    what do you mean 'win the vote'??

retain his seat
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can see the damage here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/constituencies/E14000634

Good to see his vote share was down, but they put the scumbag is in an ultra safe seat.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He couldn't be any more secure in his seat if you superglued him to it.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I voted for IDS as he's my MP.
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaysus hope Im wrong but IDS will be so Toxic I can see some poor sod having a go at him . IDS seems to get off on causing people on welfare, and disabled in wheelchairs etc so much misery with bedroom taxes etc that I fear for him and his safety.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    I voted for IDS as he's my MP.

Just one question... How do you feel about his attacks on the poor and disabled and the pleasure he appears to get from seeing people's suffering as a result of his policies?
  • tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    Jaysus hope Im wrong but IDS will be so Toxic I can see some poor sod having a go at him . IDS seems to get off on causing people on welfare, and disabled in wheelchairs etc so much misery with bedroom taxes etc that I fear for him and his safety.

That is something that may well happen, you take everything away from people then they have nothing to lose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tony321 wrote: »
    That is something that may well happen, you take everything away from people then they have nothing to lose.

I certainly wouldn't shed a tear for him if it happened.
  • Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member

he is a very strange man.
    smug, cowardly, and a classic example of a sociopath.
    and to be honest i doubt many people could give a fly toss about his safety.
  • feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but with a Tory majority, even as small as it is, Iain Duncan-Snith is going to be nastier, harder hitting and more callous than ever before :(

They have given him a uniform already.

http://www.eric-p-caspar.de/images/12.jpg
  • nottinghamcnottinghamc Posts: 11,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, people making hints they hope something bad happens to IDS and putting him in Nazi uniforms, so fresh, so new, so done before a million times.
  • RobMilesRobMiles Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, people making hints they hope something bad happens to IDS and putting him in Nazi uniforms, so fresh, so new, so done before a million times.

I love the taste of sour grapes.
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    My least favourite man in politics.

I'm distinctly anti-Conservative but try to think rationally about the good they can do (I can't sit moping for ten years about their position of power). IDS makes this difficult however, and its his continued involvement that sickens me against the party altogether.

The man is very strange. He seems to derive some kind of genuine pleasure from making life a misery for those who already suffer on account of being at the poorest end of society. And I don't just mean that in a proverbial sense, you always get the impression from his interviews and sessions and panel appearances that he exceeds mere ignorance and actually enjoys his position of power for all the wrong reasons. I can't even say the same is true for the likes of David Cameron, who I have a very low opinion of - he's not anywhere near as vile.

With the fact that IDS lied on his CV to get his job (as reported by the BBC in 2002) I don't know how he maintains the ironic position overseeing work and pensions. More so, I don't know how he can so ruthlessly cut down those in the most need.

As someone somewhat dependent on at least some ESA, and who suffers from anxiety as well as other mental health conditions, my first real worry when the exit polls predicted a win for the Tories was that this man was coming back. His position over people legitimately scares me. And I thought it was Governments who were supposed to be scared of their people?
  • Cornish_PiskieCornish_Piskie Posts: 7,489
    Forum Member
    There must be more odious people in British politics, but I can't think of who they might be off the top of my head.

It would appear that Chingford is just the sort of place that would re-elect such a man. They deserve each other.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    His awful 'sidekick', the 'lovely' Esther is out, isnt she?
  • Fixit AgainFixit Again Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iain Duncan Smith setup the Centre for Social Justice in 2004.

Have a look at the work he's done before you condemn the man for sanctioning benefit payments.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain Duncan Smith setup the Centre for Social Justice in 2004.

Have a look at the work he's done before you condemn the man for sanctioning benefit payments.
    He's a proven liar. He's also arrogant, smug and takes great delight in making cuts to welfare.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    He's a proven liar. He's also arrogant, smug and takes great delight in making cuts to welfare.
    Yes, of course this is true because you said it on the internet.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, of course this is true because you said it on the internet.
    Its well known he lied on his c.v. Look it up. He also lies on stats, he had to face a Commitie last year to explain his misuse of DWP figures which were leaked to the press.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »

Yes she is - nice one Wirral! :)

Hopefully she'll be on the receiving end now of some nice sanctions when she's claiming her JSA :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »

While claiming for £39 breakfasts and £50 underpants >:(

Duncan-Smith is beyond repulsive... Scum isn't even strong enough to describe him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    While claiming for £39 breakfasts and £50 underpants >:(

Duncan-Smith is beyond repulsive... Scum isn't even strong enough to describe him.
    Which pales into insignificance against what the workshy are claiming from the state coffers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He certainly seems to take pride in his reputation for being a heartless enforcer. I guess some people get off on that kind of thing.
    RobMiles wrote: »
    I love the taste of sour grapes.
    What are the 'sour grapes' in this thread? Bearing in mind that 'sour grapes' is a metaphor for someone describing a prize they did not win as being worthless after all?
    Westy2 wrote: »

She is; one of the very few bits of good news last night. I had a little mini-wish-list, and the only items that came true were Esther McVey out, Farage out, and Galloway out. I'm gutted that "my proudest achievement was voting against gay marriage" Blackman survived in Harrow East.