"Racist violence against non-white UK citizens is not taken serioiusly"

2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The victim of an attempted beheading, committed "in honour of Lee Rigby" has spoken today after his attacker was jailed for life.

I saw a video of Dr Sarandev Bhambra speaking after the court proceedings, and I thought he raised some interesting points about the threat posed against non-white Brits. He also said it was a terrorist attack and asks why it hasn't been treated as such, given his attacker Zack Davies , was known to the police for being a white supremacist.

Mental instability is an interesting point too. A discrepancy seems to occur with this being used as an excuse when a person of indigenous background commits a crime that in a different situation (e.g. someone not of an indigenous background) would be seen as an intentional act by someone in full control of themselves.

I think attacks on non-whites UK citizens is a growing threat in this country and I've been saying it for a few years, now. It has no place in our society whatsoever. What makes people have so much hatred for someone based on their skin colour or outlook on life?

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-09-11/survivor-of-zack-davies-racist-lee-rigby-revenge-attack-makes-passionate-speech-outside-court/

This thread isn't about Islamic scripture or Muslims, so please don't derail the topic by going down that route.

Comments

• dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Well it wasn't a terrorist attack, was it. It was a racist hate crime.
  • wampa1wampa1 Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    This thread isn't about Islamic scripture or Muslims, so please don't derail the topic by going down that route.
    In your OP you've cited a Lee Rigby revenge attack. Lee Rigby was murdered by an Islamic convert in the name of religion.

Violence against non-whites is taken extremely seriously but the thread may as well be closed if we 'can't go down that route'.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I'd say it was the other way 'round.

White people get attacked because of their race all the time, and nobody takes it seriously.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Mental instability is an interesting point too. A discrepancy seems to occur with this being used as an excuse when a person of indigenous background commits a crime that in a different situation (e.g. someone not of an indigenous background) would be seen as an intentional act by someone in full control of themselves...

As you're up on deciding whether someone is mentally unstable or not over the experts, were those who said this guy had a mental illness making excuses to get him off a murder charge?

'A man who beheaded an elderly woman in her garden in an attack of "extraordinary brutality" has been cleared of murder on the grounds of insanity'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33239870
  • DomJollyDomJolly Posts: 1,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wampa1 wrote: »
    In your OP you've cited a Lee Rigby revenge attack. Lee Rigby was murdered by an Islamic convert in the name of religion.

Violence against non-whites is taken extremely seriously but the thread may as well be closed if we 'can't go down that route'.

white supremacy or murders in the name of religion, are one in the same

you are targeting people with an extremist ideology of hatred
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If that prevents you from posting then that's a shame but understandable. If nobody posts because of my request (I can't enforce it, it's just a wish) then at least I was able to talk about the video which I found interesting.

EDIT: There are other threads on the first page of General Discussion forum that might fit what you're looking for.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As you're up on deciding whether someone is mentally unstable or not over the experts, were those who said this guy had a mental illness making excuses to get him off a murder charge?

'A man who beheaded an elderly woman in her garden in an attack of "extraordinary brutality" has been cleared of murder on the grounds of insanity'.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-33239870

I should have said the doctor mentioned it in the video. That's what got me interested in the point - it wasn't something I was thinking about previously. Maybe he's right, maybe not. I think there's something to be said for the idea that terrorist attacks depending on your background do tend to be treated differently and perhaps that shouldn't be the case.

I mean if a white man is in a supermarket shouting "WHITE POWER" and trying to hack an Asian man's head off, I think there's more to be said about real and measurable intent in that than it being someone who had no idea what they were doing.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DomJolly wrote: »
    white supremacy or murders in the name of religion, are one in the same

you are targeting people with an extremist ideology of hatred

Indeed. It's killing to advance a political cause- ie terrorism.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If that prevents you from posting then that's a shame but understandable. If nobody posts because of my request (I can't enforce it, it's just a wish) then at least I was able to talk about the video which I found interesting.

EDIT: There are other threads on the first page of General Discussion forum that might fit what you're looking for.
    Such as?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whites and blacks (Afro British) for the most part, if-not totally seem to be united over the last couple of decades.
    It seems to me that people of Muslim based origins are uncomfortable with our way of life, therefore religions do not have a place in modern day westernised life. And don't come giving me the bollocks of that I'm ill-informed, I live among multi-culturalism I don't need vote results and what not to define my way of thinking unlike a load of ill-informed vote-results analysis perspective.

Basically in laymen's terms and thus not politically correct... the core of the problem are these people. NOT the racists, xenos or bigots like the so-called educated who feel who are to blame who have little to none life experience other than reading news articles vote analysis statistics.

Seriously, almost all problems seem to stem from Islam/Muslims. It is not racism or whatever word you want to call it ie xenos or bigots.

The ONLY way for peace is for religions, particular Muslims is to put aside their ways of life. After all, we are all humans and want to be treated equally (?), and the only way for us to unify is to get rid of religions and greed. So stop blaming racists, bigots and xenophobes for the problems. The core problem has nothing what so ever to do with such mentality, is it the rich and so-called educated who have literally not got a clue.

Left wingers, basically; do you want us to be thrown back into Barbarism? if not, then help get rid of religions. It is the only way of getting rid of old fashioned ways of society... stop blaming racists, xenos and bigots - if it wasn't for such mentality we would have never won either world wars - FACT.

We ARE literally heading into a civil war. Whichever mentality ends up dominating either Europe or America over jobs-worth politics, will result in our country to decide if we want humanity to follow the old fashioned ISIS or our current way of life that has allowed us to see far far past the mentality that the world is flat and the only world in the universe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such as?

The ones that mention Islam and Muslims. Like the one about an increase of attacks on Muslims in the UK.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I should have said the doctor mentioned it in the video. That's what got me interested in the point - it wasn't something I was thinking about previously. Maybe he's right, maybe not. I think there's something to be said for the idea that terrorist attacks depending on your background do tend to be treated differently and perhaps that shouldn't be the case.

I mean if a white man is in a supermarket shouting "WHITE POWER" and trying to hack an Asian man's head off, I think there's more to be said about real and measurable intent in that than it being someone who had no idea what they were doing.

Are you somehow imagining that some of us will say that this is a lesser crime or something?

As soon as hoardes of white men start murdering, beheading, raping, etc. in many countries throughout the world, and posting their 'trophies' on the internet, I imagine these crimes will be given greater coverage.

BTW you didn't reply to my post the other day, when you made a false accusation about something you think I said about your previous absence from the forum. You mixed me up with someone else. I would appreciate a reply - or better still, an apology.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    Are you somehow imagining that some of us will say that this is a lesser crime or something?

As soon as hoardes of white men start murdering, beheading, raping, etc. in many countries throughout the world, and posting their 'trophies' on the internet, I imagine these crimes will be given greater coverage.

BTW you didn't reply to my post the other day, when you made a false accusation about something you think I said about your previous absence from the forum. You mixed me up with someone else. I would appreciate a reply - or better still, an apology.

I'm not imagining or anticipating anything other than stimulating conversation.

Media is a part of it but so is the reaction of citizens and the authorities to these incidents.

I replied in that thread.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/28/hunt-for-gang-after-man-was-beaten-up-on-tower-bridge-in-unprovoked-attack-5315684/
    Footage has emerged showing the moment that a man was set upon by a gang in an unprovoked attack on Tower Bridge.

The 29-year-old was walking home from a friend’s wedding when a group of up to 12 Asian men launched their attack leaving him with cuts and bruises.

One of them can be seen in CCTV released by City of London Police hitting him in the back of the head before he falls to the ground and is kicked in the head repeatedly.

The attack happened on May 31 at around 10pm and police are looking for the gang. They have been described as being in their mid or late teens to early 20s, and they spoke with East London accents.

Why is there no mention of racism by the police ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ones that mention Islam and Muslims. Like the one about an increase of attacks on Muslims in the UK.
    I'm not interested in discussing 'Islam and Muslims'. What I am interested in and what I take umbrage with is potentially being railroaded into promoting a particular agenda where very real and relevant points of discussion are out of bounds.

There IS a discussion to be had regarding an increase in violence against non-whites (not just Muslims) but is impossible to explore thoroughly and objectively with one hand tied behind your back.
  • exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member

Do you think that would be the actions of a sane person? I don't.

I'd be of a different opinion if he went in with a group violent people or as an accomplice to someone equally violent.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep!
    In our country, the core problem is from Islam/Muslim mentality. But because religions are peaceful and basically "so awesome" we need something else easier to blame, ie racism, xenos and bigots. When the core problem are the greedy and albeit educated. So, hey educated folks - "back at ya!" - some good your independent analysis gave you. When the civil wars begin who will be the ones fending for their country and who will be running away to other countries? cowards, cowards, cowards!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in discussing 'Islam and Muslims'. What I am interested in and what I take umbrage with is potentially being railroaded into promoting a particular agenda where very real and relevant points of discussion are out of bounds.

There IS a discussion to be had regarding an increase in violence against non-whites (not just Muslims) but is impossible to explore thoroughly with on hand tied behind your back.

The create thread button might be what you want then? I think the original post establishes the topic, such as about whether terrorism in this country is considered as such depending on whether it's the actions of an individual or a group and who the attack is against and that there is a definite increase in attacks like this on non-white UK citizens. If this isn't the thread subject you're interested in, then that's totally fine.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The victim of an attempted beheading, committed "in honour of Lee Rigby" has spoken today after his attacker was jailed for life.

I saw a video of Dr Sarandev Bhambra speaking after the court proceedings, and I thought he raised some interesting points about the threat posed against non-white Brits. He also said it was a terrorist attack and asks why it hasn't been treated as such, given his attacker Zack Davies , was known to the police for being a white supremacist.

Mental instability is an interesting point too. A discrepancy seems to occur with this being used as an excuse when a person of indigenous background commits a crime that in a different situation (e.g. someone not of an indigenous background) would be seen as an intentional act by someone in full control of themselves.

I think attacks on non-whites UK citizens is a growing threat in this country and I've been saying it for a few years, now. It has no place in our society whatsoever. What makes people have so much hatred for someone based on their skin colour or outlook on life?

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-09-11/survivor-of-zack-davies-racist-lee-rigby-revenge-attack-makes-passionate-speech-outside-court/

Ignorance, insecurity and immaturity. Gang culture and as old as mankind. I think both are terrorism and both stem from an inherent infantile propensity for violence and control. Are they in control of themselves? I believe the majority of people are. Was mental instability cited as a factor in this case? I can't find any reference to it.
    The far right wing threat in this country is real as are the growing numbers of violent attacks.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2015-06-25/zack-davies-is-the-extreme-right-on-the-rise-in-wales/

The last video on this page is about the current situation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That is indeed a worthy question to ask of the police. But how does that relate to the topic at hand which is about attacks on non-white UK citizens and whether it is taken seriously or not?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The create thread button might be what you want then? I think the original post establishes the topic, such as about whether terrorism in this country is considered as such depending on whether it's the actions of an individual or a group and who the attack is against and that there is a definite increase in attacks like this on non-white UK citizens. If this isn't the thread subject you're interested in, then that's totally fine.

When open discussion is actually 'closed discussion within the confines of my personal agenda' absolutely it's not a thread subject I'm interested in.

Good luck with your thread.
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    That is indeed a worthy question to ask of the police. But how does that relate to the topic at hand which is about attacks on non-white UK citizens and whether it is taken seriously or not?

If an Asian man was attacked by 12 white men I would say it would have treat a lot more seriously.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When open discussion is actually 'closed discussion within the confines of my personal agenda' absolutely it's not a thread subject I'm interested in.

Good luck with your thread.

The agenda is there because of countless threads that get hijacked to be about the exact topics you are interested in - I put in the request in the OP, because I hoped this thread wouldn't be derailed in the same way. I apologise if that affects your sense of right. I don't see why one single thread is such a problem when you have the abundant choice of countless others that to me, fit precisely what you want to talk about.
  • donovan5donovan5 Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    I'd say it was the other way 'round.

White people get attacked because of their race all the time, and nobody takes it seriously.

Yep use to happen all the time when I was at school 20 odd years a go and still happens around the town (Luton) now,never been taken seriously
  • Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two threads on the front page pushing the victim agenda?

Whilst Europe is facing an invasion by sheer weight of numbers.
    Some mistake surely?