✭✭✭
Just seen this on their website

http://www.skype.com/campaigns/talkforbritain/

Comments

• DickibobboyDickibobboy Posts: 2,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Skype 6 months free calls to UK landlines with £10 credit

thats not correct, you have to purchase £10 credit(what it starts from) to get 6months free calls to uk landlines and you can only use this if you are in the uk, (maybe only uk ip) may not be good for some aol users
  • nafanny29nafanny29 Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

thats not correct, you have to purchase £10 credit(what it starts from) to get 6months free calls to uk landlines and you can only use this if you are in the uk, (maybe only uk ip) may not be good for some aol users

Yep A badly titled thread from me :o

Reasonable offer for UK skype customers though.
  • JonlJonl Posts: 145
    Forum Member

Yes I signed up for the deal on 13th Dec 06 when I saw the thread and still no confirm e-mail and I am with aol.. :confused:

I have e-mailed them twice with no response is this because of aol...?? :confused:

I still live in hopes... :rolleyes: or is it the ip address yet again that stops me as it does with some uk radio stations.. :cry:
  • ShimShamShimSham Posts: 448
    Forum Member
    I signed up for this deal yesterday and within 2 hours, my account showed that I had been given the free calls. I never got any email about it though.
  • JonlJonl Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    ShimSham wrote:
    I signed up for this deal yesterday and within 2 hours, my account showed that I had been given the free calls. I never got any email about it though.

Yes I too have this working now and as you say without the e-mail they were going to send so missed couple weeks of free calls.. :(

Still better late than never.. :)
  • Sven945Sven945 Posts: 4,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought £10 credit on Boxing day for this offer, and never got an email. I only got round to sitting down to write an email to them yesterday, but it turns out that they'd given me it all along, just without telling me! I made my first calls yesterday, for free. I think I'm going to use this quite a lot now! Hopefully in the next six months they'll get round to sorting out a UK subscription which gives you free calls to UK landlines for a fixed price.

Just another Skype related thing, I topped up £10, which cost me £11.50 (£10+vat). Looking at the costs of calls it gives a price then another price including VAT. Seeing as though I've already paid £11.50 for £10 credit, the amount taken off that £10 would be the price without VAT, won't it? (Obviously for calls not covered by the Talk for Britain deal).

jack