Nice and not very nice celebrities who you have met

Comments

• Mel1314Mel1314 Posts: 2,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tamsin Outhwaite - Cameras on - all smiles and nice. Cameras off - Sour-faced, unpleasant and sneering.

Aw I'm quite gutted to read that, I've always liked her :(

I've met most of the Hollyoaks and Eastenders cast, they were all lovely. Nicest were:

Eastenders
    Jo Joyner (Tanya)
    Laurie Brett (Jane)
    Madeline Duggan (the first Lauren)

Hollyoaks
    Tony Hirst (Mike Barnes)
    Guy Burnet (Craig)
    James Sutton (John Paul)
    Cassie and Connie Powney (Mel and Sophie)

I also met a lot of the South African rugby team, they were all so friendly and gave me and my dad (who is South African) an autograph.

Also my dad's good friends with Michael Kitchen (Foyle's War) and one of my mum's closest friends is Gillian Cross who wrote the Demon Headmaster books. Never met them but my parents have said how nice they are, and Gillian was praying for me when I was ill :p
  • Bald1Bald1 Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Reading this whole thread (took me a while) and trying to remember who I have met/ seen and its rather boring.

Nick Hancock (They Think Its All Over) walking through Winchester. Lovely guy, happy to give an autograph.

Saw Sir Richard Branson about 12-13 years ago. He was on the Virgin float at the Notting Hill Carnival so I probaly wasn't the only one.

If I remember anymore I will add them later.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mel1314 wrote: »
    Aw I'm quite gutted to read that, I've always liked her :(

I've met most of the Hollyoaks and Eastenders cast, they were all lovely. Nicest were:

Eastenders
    Jo Joyner (Tanya)
    Laurie Brett (Jane)
    Madeline Duggan (the first Lauren)

Hollyoaks
    Tony Hirst (Mike Barnes)
    Guy Burnet (Craig)
    James Sutton (John Paul)
    Cassie and Connie Powney (Mel and Sophie)

I also met a lot of the South African rugby team, they were all so friendly and gave me and my dad (who is South African) an autograph.

Also my dad's good friends with Michael Kitchen (Foyle's War) and one of my mum's closest friends is Gillian Cross who wrote the Demon Headmaster books. Never met them but my parents have said how nice they are, and Gillian was praying for me when I was ill :p

I wouldn't be gutted about Tasmin, as everyone can have a bad day. She could have been on her monthly's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Stephanie Beacham is my best story. I'm a huge fan of hers, and I met her in December when I went to see her in a play, she stopped to talk to me by the theatre stage door and she was absolutely lovely. Then I went to see the play again in February and met her again. She remembered me and gave me a hug. I still haven't recovered! :D

This isn't a meeting, but I emailed Jacqueline Wilson last year via her website. I'd always been a fan but the main reason I emailed was to tell her how much I liked a book I'd come across that she wrote in the eighties. I was absolutely amazed and very pleased when I got a personal reply from her a week later.

Frankie from The Saturdays once replied to a comment I left her on Myspace a couple of months before they were officially launched. That was pretty good too!

I haven't had any horrible experiences yet!
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Billie Piper was really lovely at her book signing. She made everyone feel very special, despite the queue being hours long. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Roger Moore - Utter gentleman, and very charming. And this was on a bad day - it later turned out he'd been quite ill that weekend.

this reminds me, i hope i havent already posted this ages ago, but my mum used to work as a receptionist in a London hair salon where quite a few famous people came in. it was raining and she was moaning about having to get to the bus stop and not being able to wait out the rain because she had to get back for my brother and sister, and roger moore, who'd been getting a haircut, overheard and then drove her home himself so she didn't get soaked! she said he was lovely, and 9 months later i was born :D
    the last bit might be a lie :o
  • rachelgatarachelgata Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recently met Colin Morgan who plays Merlin in Merlin. Very sweet, shy, obliging, modest, enthusiastic, down to earth. Very good looking in person - beautiful eyes and perfect skin :p.
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rubyred25 wrote: »
    Jodie kidds brother's wife- awful and her mum. rudest person on earth.
    This made me laugh out loud - in what way exactly is Jodie Kidd's brother's wife a celebrity? :D

I'm related to Bobby and Jack Charlton through my mum's side of the family (they're third cousins or something). Does that make me a celeb? :sleep:
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My in laws met Julia Bradbury last summer when she was filming in Wales. They said she was lovely.

I was at Alton Towers last month and I saw Rebecca Ryan who plays Vicky in Waterloo road. I didn't approach her as I could tell she didn't want to be recognised but we literally bumped into each other in The Glass Elevator ride and she seemed nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    This made me laugh out loud - in what way exactly is Jodie Kidd's brother's wife a celebrity? :D

I'm related to Bobby and Jack Charlton through my mum's side of the family (they're third cousins or something). Does that make me a celeb? :sleep:

Oddly so am I apparently - through my maternal Granddad's side, I think he was more of a Milburn offshoot than Charlton though.
  • FuzzyDunlop82FuzzyDunlop82 Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    So have I. My Granddad and Auntie met her a few years ago and said she was lovely.

Camilla came to my college last month and spoke to myself and my students after she came into our room unexpectedly (que panic-looking security folks) and was talkative, interested and warm and went straight over to my lot and asked them questions...I have to say, my view on her changed completely after that, very impressed with just how open and curious she was.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 8,891
    Forum Member
    this reminds me, i hope i havent already posted this ages ago, but my mum used to work as a receptionist in a London hair salon where quite a few famous people came in. it was raining and she was moaning about having to get to the bus stop and not being able to wait out the rain because she had to get back for my brother and sister, and roger moore, who'd been getting a haircut, overheard and then drove her home himself so she didn't get soaked! she said he was lovely, and 9 months later i was born :D
    the last bit might be a lie :o

Bette, I personally dont care if you are repeating the story, it's brilliant!

PS loved you in First Wives Club, Big Business, Outrageous Fortune, well everything really. The singing? Ahhh, not so much.
  • PhoebeJeebiePhoebeJeebie Posts: 1,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the day, 'Some Mothers do 'ave 'em' was a massive show, regularly getting 15-20 million viewers a week.

My oldest brother got a phone call from his best mate telling him that a film crew had turned up in his street and were filming an episode.
    He raced over there on his pushbike clutching his autograph book. Everyone of the actors gladly signed it and chatted happily with the boys between takes (they were 12 years old). They asked Michael Crawford, the star of the show for his autograph, quite politely. He said "No"....."I don't sign autographs, I don't sign anything"
    The boys were devastated :cry:

So if you are reading this Michael, as the boys grew up they regularly told this story to anyone and everyone, describing you as a "Pompous w*nker" :p:p:p
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in the day, 'Some Mothers do 'ave 'em' was a massive show, regularly getting 15-20 million viewers a week.

My oldest brother got a phone call from his best mate telling him that a film crew had turned up in his street and were filming an episode.
    He raced over there on his pushbike clutching his autograph book. Everyone of the actors gladly signed it and chatted happily with the boys between takes (they were 12 years old). They asked Michael Crawford, the star of the show for his autograph, quite politely. He said "No"....."I don't sign autographs, I don't sign anything"
    The boys were devastated :cry:

So if you are reading this Michael, as the boys grew up they regularly told this story to anyone and everyone, describing you as a "Pompous w*nker" :p:p:p

Sad, I could understand that nowadays because often the autographs are just put straight on eBay but in those days people would actually collect them.
  • Mo from t'marketMo from t'market Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting John Challis, alias Boycie from Only Fools and Horses, on a guided tour of his wonderful and very old house (where his series The Green Green Grass was filmed). He showed us around the garden and part of the house and then dished up tea and scrummy homemade cakes (made by his wife).

Top bloke – no airs and graces at all, very chatty, happily posed for photos, etc, though didn’t name-drop or make a big thing about being a “star” because the trip was all about the house and not about him.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What is a celeb in todays world?
    Their wedding was in hello magazine, so must be be more celeb than kerry katona, or the z listers. lol
    You are right, they are non celebs:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    I've not actually spoken to Jenson Button, but I've been around him on a few occasions. He used to be nice and down to earth, and is now a bit of a diva. Fernando Alonso appears to be lovely, despite his reputation.
  • Mr. ChipsMr. Chips Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I met Fiona Phillips last year at a trade fair and she was lovely. Very pleasant, chatty and smiley. Wish she (and GMTV) would come back instead of that awful Daybreak and its presenting team.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member

Robson Greene - Sadly, a complete arse. Head completely up his own backside.

Will Young - ditto.
  • MikeJWMikeJW Posts: 3,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually meet her physically, but years ago, when I used to help out on the Compuserve forums, I regularly used to sort out computer problems for Miriam Margolyes. She was great, we got on well, she even gave me her phone number, though when I got the courage to call & say hello there was just an answer phone message saying she was off filming somewhere. Oh well!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forgot about these.

Lesley Crowther at a dance show I was performing in. I was about 5 and he scared me, he was a bit stern and unfriendly and wasn't interested in us at all.

Lesley Ann Down before she went to the US. I met her queuing for a US visa, she was so nice. We had a cigarette together and she told me all about how excited she was to be getting the chance to go to America and be in films. We chatted all about our bf's, at that time she was with someone called Bruce and she was really upset about having to leave him at home, but that they were going to get married one day.

I don't think she ever came back to the UK and she never married Bruce.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister met Paddy from Emmerdale a few years ago in a local nightclub that he was a special guest in and said he was a delight.

My other sister met Claire Sweeney last year in Spain during the Ash Cloud and she was sitting outside a cafe with her friend who immediately said that Claire wasn't meeting with fans today when they walked over towards her, Claire immediately said No to her friend and started chatting to my sister and her friends and she was really lovely apparently.

This isn't technically meeting but I've had Facebook messages from a number of X Factor stars who have been lovely and my friends met the Series 5 finalists after the live tour in Belfast.

My sister's friend is a bouncer in a local nightclub and he was in charge the night two stars of Hollyoaks were in, Andrew Moss who plays Rhys and Jennifer Metcalfe who plays Mercedes. He swears they were either extremely drunk or on drugs because Jennifer was extremely moody and rude and kept having mini tantrums but was completely out of the world and Andrew was just going absolutely crazy on the dance-floor like something possessed and his eyes were spinning in his head.

A friend met Laura Hamilton when interviewing her during DOI and she was lovely as were Mary Byrne, Rebecca Ferguson and Wagner. Cher was Cher, Aiden was okay, Matt was surrounded by fans as were One Direction and Paije was very down to earth as well. I don't think he met Katie.

Also to whoever said Alesha Dixon is horrible, my sister's best friend worked in The Odyssey in Belfast and during Enrique Inglesias' concert a few years back, she was given the job of being personal assistant for Enrique and Alesha who was his support act. She got them food and was with them for most of the day until the concert and said that Enrique was very nice and Alesha was especially lovely and chatted away to her like she was someone she had known for years.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    My in laws met Julia Bradbury last summer when she was filming in Wales. They said she was lovely.

Delighted to hear it.

I really like Julia Bradbury and her walk series. I have been enjoying her recent Canal Walks series, although I had to double take at the title.

She seems so pleasant and interested in the people she speaks to. A real charmer. Lovely smile.
  • M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    Cilla Black is not very pleasant, apparently.

http://www.pprune.org/cabin-crew/300180-who-your-nicest-celebs.html
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    My sister met Paddy from Emmerdale a few years ago in a local nightclub that he was a special guest in and said he was a delight.

My other sister met Claire Sweeney last year in Spain during the Ash Cloud and she was sitting outside a cafe with her friend who immediately said that Claire wasn't meeting with fans today when they walked over towards her, Claire immediately said No to her friend and started chatting to my sister and her friends and she was really lovely apparently.

This isn't technically meeting but I've had Facebook messages from a number of X Factor stars who have been lovely and my friends met the Series 5 finalists after the live tour in Belfast.

My sister's friend is a bouncer in a local nightclub and he was in charge the night two stars of Hollyoaks were in, Andrew Moss who plays Rhys and Jennifer Metcalfe who plays Mercedes. He swears they were either extremely drunk or on drugs because Jennifer was extremely moody and rude and kept having mini tantrums but was completely out of the world and Andrew was just going absolutely crazy on the dance-floor like something possessed and his eyes were spinning in his head.

A friend met Laura Hamilton when interviewing her during DOI and she was lovely as were Mary Byrne, Rebecca Ferguson and Wagner. Cher was Cher, Aiden was okay, Matt was surrounded by fans as were One Direction and Paije was very down to earth as well. I don't think he met Katie.

Also to whoever said Alesha Dixon is horrible, my sister's best friend worked in The Odyssey in Belfast and during Enrique Inglesias' concert a few years back, she was given the job of being personal assistant for Enrique and Alesha who was his support act. She got them food and was with them for most of the day until the concert and said that Enrique was very nice and Alesha was especially lovely and chatted away to her like she was someone she had known for years.

Maybe it was an off day for Alesha Dixon as I've always heard nice things about her.

Flew Claire Sweeney home from hols. She wasn't approachable at all but it was a night flight and I understood, it's also a bit unprofessional for us to be too familiar so we just left her to sleep. She was with her mum and all I can say about her is......I want a mum like her. Lovely lovely lady, so polite and so nice to us.