Locking an Android tablet down

tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
Forum Member
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to lockdown an Android tablet to running a given application in the same way as IOS's Guided Access. With Guided Access you have to triple tap the home button and key in a lockcode to exit the app.

(edit) Just Googled it and I see there is a 3rd party app called Surelock but can't see much else. I will try it, but before I do is there any built in way to do it ?

Comments

• paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends what version of Android and on what device. I believe the latest version on the Nexus device allows you to set up multiple users and logins with different access on each login.

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 so dont have this option but I use an App called Applock by Domobile Lab, seems to work ok for my 5 year old son.
  • tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    paulj48 wrote: »
    Depends what version of Android and on what device. I believe the latest version on the Nexus device allows you to set up multiple users and logins with different access on each login.

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 so dont have this option but I use an App called Applock by Domobile Lab, seems to work ok for my 5 year old son.

Yes, I have a Nexus 7 with user accounts, and although that goes half way to solving the problem I would rather lock it into a single app. I will take a look at Applock thanks.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is one called SureLock as well. There is a demo version on the Play Store.
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    There is one called SureLock as well. There is a demo version on the Play Store.

Thanks. I suspect it's the same one I mentioned in my OP :D
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tdenson wrote: »
    Thanks. I suspect it's the same one I mentioned in my OP :D

Opps missed that :)
    Forum Member
    psionic wrote: »
    Opps missed that :)

Just teasing :)