What make-up brand do you wear?

EsensuelleEsensuelle Posts: 1,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What brand of make up do you normally wear? Do you stick to a single brand or you use multiple brands? I have always used NARS and they have a great range but would love to know what other folks wear.

What are your must have pieces?

Comments

• venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use mainly Clinique but I also use some Benefit and Chanel make up.

Must haves for me are:-

Clinique CC Cream
    Clinique 'Pop' lipsticks
    Chanel 'Le Volume' mascara
    Benefit Dandelion face powder, although I got some Rockateur for Christmas and might be preferring that!
  • Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge Posts: 16,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I line my eyes top and bottom. Bourjois liquid liner at the top, it's the only one I've found that has a flexible brush, making application much easier. On the bottom, I use Benefit waterproof Bad Gal pencil. Gives such a deep application of colour and doesn't budge all day. I use l'oreal Volume Million mascara. It's got lots of fibres on the brush, and it separates the lashes and coats them really well.

I just use any powder blusher as I find they're all the same really.
  • OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,509
    Forum Member
    It's taken me many years to find products that I like and they are all from different manufacturers (although bear in mind that supposedly different brands are all owned by one company - Clinique, Estee Lauder, Jo Malone, Aveda and Bobbi Brown for example are all the same owners):

Mascara - has to be Estee Lauder, first applying their marvellous Lash Primer Plus, conditions your lashes and thr mascara lasts longer. Weirdly although the same company - Clinique mascara is rubbish, always very dry even when new.

Eyeliner - MAC Kohl for me, the smoky grey (Phone number) or they do a grey-green which I like as well

Eyeshadow - Clinique Duos - they last for ever, great quality (the applicators are rubbish but who uses them anyway?).

Eyebrows - Clinique Instant Lift for brows - comes as a two shade 'pencil' in several different shades. I'm very fair and their lightest one is great for not making me look like a clown.

Lips - Chanel Levres Scillantes or Estee Lauder Pure Colour envy, they are gloss not a lipstick and is in shades to enhance natural lips rather than paint them.
    I don't use foundation, blusher/bronzer etc
  • LushnessLushness Posts: 38,168
    Forum Member
    I love Becca, so I use them mainly. Primer, foundation and blush

I generally buy Chanel lip glosses.

That's it, I don't wear any other make up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    YSL foundation - I had a phase of Chanel, but YSL is a bit more protective and matte finish for winter. Incidentally I use a Clinique brush for application (when I have time)
    Collection 2000 concealer, it's waxy and thick and really good for spots!
    Clinique face powder to set make up
    Clinique "amped up Apple" cheek chubby stick for a bit of colour on a night out
    Benefit Roller Lash mascara - everyone rates the other Benefit one but this one is my face :)
    Benefit "gimme brow"
    Rimmel gel liner
    If I bother with lips it's either a Kate Moss rimmel lipstick or a Clinique Chubby stick. Eyeshadow is normally maybelline.
  • sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a huge fan of the Boots No7 range, I got my wedding make from there last year when they had a good deal on, saved myself a decent sum using the offer.
  • Lin4237Lin4237 Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Foundation: Boots #7 Stay Perfect with SPF15
    Blusher: Rimmel lasting finish mono blush - bronze
    Eyeliner: Max Factor kohl eyeliner pencil - charcoal grey (prefer pencil to liquid because I can use a bud to smudge it so the line is softened)
    Mascara: Max Factor last lift - grey
    Lip balm: Nivea sun perfect with SPF30 lip balm
    Sunscreen: SPF 30 ideal. Still looking for the "right one" any suggestions gratefully received.
  • malspiemalspie Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Laura Mercier foundation and bronzer, expensive but lasts for ages. Mascara is Chanel for the evening and Lancome mascara for a daytime look. I've used various brands of eyeshadow but Urban Decay is my favourite. As for lipstick it's Mac or Bobbi Brown.

I've used loads of diffrent brands throughout the years and I have to say my least favourite brand is Boots No 7. I really don't understand the hype. I think I must be the minority because it seems to be really popular. Does anyone else agree with me on this?
    Forum Member
    malspie wrote: »
    I've used loads of diffrent brands throughout the years and I have to say my least favourite brand is Boots No 7. I really don't understand the hype. I think I must be the minority because it seems to be really popular. Does anyone else agree with me on this?

It is a good thing that our likes are all different otherwise the cosmetic industry would be out of business.

I like the Boots #7 range because in my opinion it is value for money and I personally couldn't care less if the product is termed "down market" or "up market". I feel the hyped up ranges are when they drag in "celebrities" to front their ad campaigns and you know full well that they have mostly probably been airbrushed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    These are what I have used and found skin friendly on my skin:
    Estee Lauder
    Clinique
    Clarins
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,008
    Forum Member
    Anything that takes my fancy. I wont spend a lot I currently have a Collection eye shadow pallet, Boots Seventeen mirror shine lippy, and that Magic Minerals face powder. I clean with baby lotion and moisturise with Aldi's Caviar Illumination cream which is about £7.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,008
    Forum Member
    malspie wrote: »
    I love Laura Mercier foundation and bronzer, expensive but lasts for ages. Mascara is Chanel for the evening and Lancome mascara for a daytime look. I've used various brands of eyeshadow but Urban Decay is my favourite. As for lipstick it's Mac or Bobbi Brown.

I agree with you. The lippy is comfortable to wear but the shades are uninspired and dated. In fact I find the range in general dated.
  • topcat2topcat2 Posts: 6,265
    Forum Member
    Do people really stick with one brand?

Foundation - High end illamasqua
    Every day - rimmel
    Tinted moisturiser - bare minerals or rimmel

Eyeshadow - urban decay and Topshop are my faves. Topshop beauty is well worth checking out if you haven't already, maybelline colour tattoos as a base

Concealer- collection, maybelline & ysl touché éclat, nyx

Mascara - Barry m, seventeen, Clinique, nyx

Blusher - benefit, make up revolution

Powder - lily lolo, MUA, soap and glory, seventeen, NYC

Lipsticks - current faves Clinique, maybelline,MUA,

Bronzer - seventeen
  • Lowri_JLowri_J Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adore Elizabeth Arden products. :)
  • ElenaSkacenkoElenaSkacenko Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I use Sephora for foundation and mascara, Benefit for eyeliner, and Revlon lipstick.
  • Ann_TennaAnn_Tenna Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I am not bothered about brands at all.

I use whatever I find.
    Forum Member
    These are what I have used and found skin friendly on my skin:
    Estee Lauder
    Clinique
    Clarins

Skin: Monsia Skincare
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think all of mine is Maybelline just because that's what I've bought. It's not especially adventurous - primer, BB cream and concealer. Used to get mascara as well but gave up caring.
  • NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tarte
    Mally
    Laura Geller
    Chanel
    Doll 10
    Lancôme
    Bobbie Brown
    Estee Lauder
  • jnb_7jnb_7 Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have trouble with foundation and powder as I'm very pale, but dark haired. Cheaper brands go orange or yellow o me or aren't pale enough or too pink.

Concealer: Lancome Teint Miracle (just discontinued :() / Max Factor Miracle Touch Ivory
    Foundation: Lancome Air de Teint 005 / Bobbi Brown mineral Makeup Alabaster (just discontinued :()
    Lancome Blush / Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - Nectar / Lilac Rose / Wild Rose
    Eyeliner: Lancome Khol Hypnose - Waterproof and AMAZING
    Mascara - Always, always, Lancome Hypnose Drama
    Lips : NYC Liner waterproof Nude / Bobbi Brown Liner- Blush
  • belly buttonbelly button Posts: 17,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't be bothered to try out different brands, so I go to the Estee Lauder counter twice a year and buy the whole lot in one go. I can do that for about £120 :00 .
    I don't really wear make-up for work so it lasts easily.
  • ThugAngelThugAngel Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only use the natural collection range from boots because they don't test on animals like MAC and other high end brands do
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foundation - I just use a tinted Olay (has a Max Factor foundation built in) and on the top a light dusting of Magic Minerals (by JML! It's really good honestly!) on top.

Blush - the absolute cheapest, I find the cheaper ones have more pigment and less sparkle so suit me better.

Eyeshadow - Usually something by Max Factor - masterpiece is good.

Eyeliner - I use a Superdrug own brand one as it has a lovely long brush for the 60s look (I'm a bit retro!). I replace it often for hygiene so I only pay about £4 for it.

Lipstick - I use a lovely pinky red Calvin Klein (bought at a discount!). When it starts to run out I'll replace it via eBay.

I don't use / need to use any other makeup. I'm low maintainance ;)
  • jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Foundation - Avon Flawless Cream to Powder with Avon illuminating facepearls over that
    Eyes - Rimmel Mascara and GOSH eyeliner, GOSH eyebrow set

Just use lip balm on my lips. I wear all that everyday even to go to the shop :) and shove some eyeshadow on if I'm going out. I'm high maintenance in a low maintenance way.
  • barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Savlon.