Options

Beatles - A Day In The Life similar song??

Sparks1Sparks1 Posts: 78
Forum Member
Wonder if anyone can help... Been racking my brains to find it but can't find it and possibly wondering if I'm second guessing myself.

I am trying to find a song by the Beatles which is very similar to A Day In The Life - by way of haunting lyrics and tune only that it's not A Day In The Life but another song altogether. I have often mixed the two up. I am unsure of lyrics. It's not a well known song/

I could be second guessing myself. If anyone can help that would be great!

Comments

• Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She's Leaving Home ?
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which bit?

"Because" perhaps?

"Blue Jay Way"
  • Options
    Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my Life?
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Long, Long, Long has similar drums and vocals to the first section of A Day in the Life.

But I don't think you could mix the two up.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of those songs mentioned have even the slightest resemblance in any way whatsoever :D

I doubt if there is any song which sounds similar to it.
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    None of those songs mentioned have even the slightest resemblance in any way whatsoever :D

Well the OP thinks one does so we are scratching round trying to suggest which one the OP might think sounds like it.

I expect they will appreciate your extremely helpful post.
  • Options
    mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »

ELO's 'Mr Blue Sky' bears a resemblance to part of 'A Day in the Life'.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She Loves You?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bspace wrote: »
    Well the OP thinks one does so we are scratching round trying to suggest which one the OP might think sounds like it.

I expect they will appreciate your extremely helpful post.
    Both of them? The only one I can think of which follows a vaguely similar structure is You Never Give Me Your Money, although it's stretching it a bit far too find any similarities in the tunes.
  • Options
    Sparks1Sparks1 Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Totally appreciate your help everyone
    I definitely think I dreamt up the very similar song. Reading down the list, the only lightbulb moment was "In My Life"

I think I had been looking for In My Life one day and came on A Day in the Life instead and have always mixed the two up ever since.
  • Options
    Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What about Across The Universe?
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed the OP meant a song that sounded similar to A Day in the Life - similar production, drum sound, instrumentation etc. so I listened out for songs that had something in common with it.

It turns out it was actually a song that sounded completely different but had one word in common.

Still, that's Life.
  • Options
    CapablancaCapablanca Posts: 5,130
    Forum Member
    Marmalade's 'Reflections Of My Life' has similar chords.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You Never Give Me Your Money is similar in that it is two songs joined together. The 'You never give me your money' refrain is similar in pace to 'I read the news today, oh boy' and the middle eight of 'Out of college, money spent' is comparable to the similar tempo of 'Woke up, fell out of bed...'