Avengers Assemble - The Hulk

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I don't know if this is a coup for the BBC but they'll be showing Marvel's Avengers Assemble this Xmas.

Only 2 years from big screen to small terrestrial screen.

2 years 8 months, not unusual for a movie these years.

Terminator 3 was released in cinemas in August 2003 and premiered on CH5 in November 2004......less than half the time taken by Avengers Assemble!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolRob55 wrote: »

Terminator 3 was released in cinemas in August 2003 and premiered on CH5 in November 2004......less than half the time taken by Avengers Assemble!

Didn't they pay extra to show it ahead of Sky Movies? Goodness knows why.

A Field in England was released in cinemas, DVD and shown on Film4 on the same day last year.

BBC and Channel 4 used to show movies made by their filmmaking divisions relatively soon after release as well.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just think it's a big deal for BBC to be showing a Marvel film on their channel when they haven't showed any of the previous films from them. Makes me wonder if they'll be showing Thor or Captain America at all? No one else has on terrestrial have they?
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think it's a big deal for BBC to be showing a Marvel film on their channel when they haven't showed any of the previous films from them. Makes me wonder if they'll be showing Thor or Captain America at all? No one else has on terrestrial have they?

Nope, or iron man 2 and I was hoping they would as I haven't seen them, only iron man 1 and the incredibly hulk. Seen Guardians of the Galaxy too but that's less linked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member

No it isn't. Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger were released theatrically by Paramount. Avengers Assemble was released theatrically by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures...
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it isn't. Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger were released theatrically by Paramount. Avengers Assemble was released theatrically by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures...

I see, well that clears things up i think. So BBC has rights with Walt Disney Studios hence Avengers being shown at Xmas. So which terrestrial channel has rights to Paramount?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    I see, well that clears things up i think. So BBC has rights with Walt Disney Studios hence Avengers being shown at Xmas. So which terrestrial channel has rights to Paramount?

Channel 4 had the rights, but from the looks of it their deal has lapsed.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CoolRob55 wrote: »

They may have been able to show it earlier, but chose to hold it back so as to have a big film at Christmas.