Options

This Big Brother, Better with or Without the 'legends' Involvement?

HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
Forum Member
✭✭
Personally i think they ruined this series, it was all about them, all they did was hog air time and cause arguments. The series would have far been better and more organic without them imo.

Im starting to really enjoy BB now only for it to be over in a week or so. Such a shame we had all this meddling from the rating obsessed producers. I understand ratings are extremely important, but there seems to be no patience whatsoever in gaining them!

How about next year, save the fees the so called 'legends' received, and put the funds to better use. Live feed springs to mind, that would have been a lot more constructive, and would have allowed us viewers to get to know the ACTUAL HM's more, and not let them be overshadowed by has beens and z-listers!

PTF.....

Better WITH or WITHOUT the Legends involvement? 63 votes

It was Better WITH them.
22% 14 votes
It was Better WITHOUT them.
77% 49 votes

Comments

• Options
    Point17Point17 Posts: 2,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They made this series better, do you not remember how boring it was before they went in
  • Options
    J SwiftJ Swift Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point17 wrote: »
    They made this series better, do you not remember how boring it was before they went in

And how boring it's suddenly become now

The legends (Marc included) made this series
  • Options
    HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    J Swift wrote: »
    And how boring it's suddenly become now

The legends (Marc included) made this series

Marc is a actual HM, not a legend! I'm talking about Helen, Brian, Nikki and Aisleyne! There was no need for them imo, just overshadowed the rest.
  • Options
    J SwiftJ Swift Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Marc is a actual HM, not a legend! I'm talking about Helen, Brian, Nikki and Aisleyne! There was no need for them imo, just overshadowed the rest.

Marc became a legend while in the house - incredibly - but I know what you mean ..

Well I mean Marc's eyebrow tweezers could've overshadowed most of that house ... But to be honest I just love what they did with this series - considering how boring it could've been

Loved Aisleyne in the house - funnily enough .. I really think her and Marc leaving at the same time took so much energy out ... Great to see Vic (briefly), James Jordan, Helen, Brian and Nikki .. I think this series has had some of my favourite moments since BB started ... Although it does feel like it should perhaps wrap now .. Very dull main show yesterday I thought
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    Personally i think they ruined this series, it was all about them, all they did was hog air time and cause arguments. The series would have far been better and more organic without them imo.

Im starting to really enjoy BB now only for it to be over in a week or so. Such a shame we had all this meddling from the rating obsessed producers. I understand ratings are extremely important, but there seems to be no patience whatsoever in gaining them!

How about next year, save the fees the so called 'legends' received, and put the funds to better use. Live feed springs to mind, that would have been a lot more constructive, and would have allowed us viewers to get to know the ACTUAL HM's more, and not let them be overshadowed by has beens and z-listers!

PTF.....

I agree. I'm really enjoying this week and it demonstrates what we've been missing. So many of the actual housemates got minimal screen time in favour of the 'legends'. We are seeing this week what a varied group they are and where their allegiances lie.

I actually wish we had a few more weeks left - especially with Marc no longer hogging the limelight.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without the exes, the newbie and Bb introducing this prize money task this show would've been unbearably dull and fake.
  • Options
    wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I've always liked Nicki but on this occasion the amusement she caused was by far outweighed by the misery Helen caused so I say better without.
  • Options
    KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always enjoy ex-housemates so it made it better for me.

Quite bittersweet because they overshadowed the originals for a few weeks and now with a week to go, I don't care for any of them to win, because I simply 'don't know them'.
  • Options
    bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was better with the legends going in but I think they made a huge mistake by putting Helen in. The bunker idea was good and at that staged I did like Mark and thought he would win this. If not for going over to the dark side and was up Helen's arse. I believe he would be still in the house and hot favourite to win if not for Helen.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's easy to say it was better with the criminally misnamed 'legends' when the whole series was set around them.

They were given power & privilege whilst non 'legend' HMs were sidelined & reduced to innocent bystanders in their own series.
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Without - they stayed far too long.

The hotel guests were bearable because it was just a day or two.
  • Options
    moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,896
    Forum Member
    Better I think- at least you can finally get to know the originals , what's left of them.