ios7 download..

124»

Comments

• ashjfashjf Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    I loved my iPad until I downloaded iOS 7, hate the wishy washy back colour, hate the fonts and really hate the way it has made my browsing sluggish and that I now seemingly have to pin protect the pad and enter the code every time I lift the protector up!
    Really wish that I had not downloaded it now and that I could remove it.
    Thanks for nothing Apple, cannot afford to replace my 2 at the moment so am stuck with something that I loathe:(

Anyone know how to turn off the PIN number thing?

You can turn the pin protection off by going to settings>general>passcode lock

Also, all new iPads and iOS devices should now have iOS 7 pre loaded unless they are old stock.
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    ashjf wrote: »
    Also, all new iPads and iOS devices should now have iOS 7 pre loaded unless they are old stock.
    No one will be actively updating any shop or warehouse stock! I would expect that ONLY iPhone 5S or 5C will consistently have IOS7 at POS.
  • ashjfashjf Posts: 1,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BKM wrote: »
    No one will be actively updating any shop or warehouse stock! I would expect that ONLY iPhone 5S or 5C will consistently have IOS7 at POS.

That is why I put "unless it is old stock"
  • BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    ashjf wrote: »
    That is why I put "unless it is old stock"
    And I was just pointing out that almost everything you find anywhere (EXCEPT iPhone 5S and 5Cs) is very likely to still be "old stock":eek:
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Don't like ios7 either. Much harder to type eg ? Is hard, browsing is slow and crashes sporadically. I can see fixes for the latter but the typing issue may remain. Siri is less accurate too and freezes. Damn Control centre pops up every time I scroll up too or else when I scroll on a page (eg newspaper) it's so sensitive that it opens a link I wasn't trying to open.
    Then again, when I do want to open a link, sometimes I jab at it like a monkey.as it won't open. aargh.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it on both iPad & iPhone
    easier to use on iPad though
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    I'm sticking with iOS6 on my iPad
  • Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    The problem I have with ios7 is that YouTube just keeps buffering (I think that's the term) and won't actually play a video. I have downloaded the Jasmine app but sometimes I just want to follow a link direct to the YouTube video.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get YouTube to work properly??
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pea1 wrote: »
    The problem I have with ios7 is that YouTube just keeps buffering (I think that's the term) and won't actually play a video. I have downloaded the Jasmine app but sometimes I just want to follow a link direct to the YouTube video.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get YouTube to work properly??

Yeah I've noticed this too... I just shift the playback slider along and back, seems to get things going. Annoying though...
    Forum Member
    Thanks zapped, that has helped, at least it plays now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks zapped, that has helped, at least it plays now.

No problem. In fact I updated my iPad to iOS 7.0.2 shortly after posting and YouTube seems ok now... But I've only tried a couple of vids so time will tell if it's fixed.
    Forum Member
    Zapod or anyone - How do I update my ios7? How can I tell if I've received the update?
  • Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    Zapod or anyone - How do I update my ios7? How can I tell if I've received the update?

Have you got a red 1 on your settings icon? Or go into settings and see if in general it tells you there is a software update.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As Rodney says go to Settings>General>Software Update

It'll tell you there the current version you're on and if there are any updates waiting. It goes without saying, you need an internet connection to do this.
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your help, it looks as if I have the latest update.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57608171-37/apple-taken-to-court-over-unwanted-ios-7-install-download/

Interesting, it is not for the downgrade/restore rights. just a request to remove the IOS 7 install nagware.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57608171-37/apple-taken-to-court-over-unwanted-ios-7-install-download/

Interesting, it is not for the downgrade/restore rights. just a request to remove the IOS 7 install nagware.

Unless I'm missing something, the 'nagware' as you described it (couldn't find reference to that in the link) consists on a single badge on the settings icon.

I'm sure the guy will achieve what he wants:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will you?

Why would an install prompt, for the up to 1GB install file, appearing every time it is turned on not be nagware?
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Will you?

Why would an install prompt, for the up to 1GB install file, appearing every time it is turned on not be nagware?

Well, I've never even heard of the term nagware, so I'll leave you to define what you think it means.

If a notice comes up every time you restart the device, I can't imagine it is very often.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd already half guessed, but his rant about Apple's disregard for customers etc meant he had installed IOS 7 on another device and was now stuck with it.

Obviously that single 'Install' click signs any rights you have to IOS 6 away, so obviously he is simply making a point here in order to have his soapbox.
    It is an interesting point. Should not existing users have the chance to actually trial IOS 7 first?