Options

Morrissey - not AGAIN!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Jon RossJon Ross Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I cannot understand why Morrissey and Marr won't bury their grievances and reunite, if only to make oodles of money. It would be the hottest ticket in town. They are one of the only bands from 30 years ago that could reunite now and actually play bigger venues than they did first time round.
  • Options
    doom&gloomdoom&gloom Posts: 9,051
    Forum Member
    Morrissey has been an artistic irrelevance since 1988.

He's not even funny anymore.

He himself has 'dumbed down' his own persona from a formerly amusing, occasionally insightful artist into a sad self-parody, who gets by on creating these little 'controversies' because the music isn't up to snuff anymore.

I'd have to disagree there, Vauxhall and I was great and that was 1994.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Whilst I'm no Beckham fan, I don't think they deserve flogging.

He witters on about the hypocritical amongst us, then bemoans the state of the UK whilst he lives in Italy.

Pot/kettle/black mate? :rolleyes:

http://www.independent.ie/lifestyle/independent-woman/celebrity-news-gossip/morrissey-the-beckhams-should-be-flogged-3347531.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2259432/Morrisseys-attack-Beckhams-They-dragged-edge-village-flogged.html

oh i see Morrissey is speaking out of his backside again
  • Options
    Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
    Forum Member
    oh i see Morrissey is speaking out of his backside again
    No change there then....he really is a nasty piece of work. I would love to see David get a knighthood just to imagine Morrissey going puce with rage when he heard about it .:D
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Describing Morrissey as a "talentless never-been" is a more idiotic statement than anything the man himself could have come up with.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    codeblue wrote: »
    im sure mr beckham is wondering who the talentless never-been is?

shame on the uk media for even reporting what the bitter fool is gibbering.
    :D Ha ha ha. I like your use of words.
    His music and lyrics are fantastic, which is more than you can say for Mrs Beckham. She must really pinch herself at times.
    I am sure Victoria Beckham would be the first to acknowledge that her achievements in the field of music are modest. Her fashion designs however are claimed to sell at the rate of something like £200,000,000 a year, which puts her in a biggish league as far as creative and business enterprises go.
    Yeah because being a semi-educated footballer married to a pop star talent-vacuum gives Beckham the right to look down his nose at one of the greatest and most original lead singer/songwriters in one of the greatest bands in rock history.
    It is the regrettable bag-of-wind Morrissey who is doing all the looking down, isn't it? The Beckhams may be a bit dim but they always seem to have nice manners. I can't remember them saying anything adverse about anyone.
    I like Morrissey and I wish him well!

He has achived stardom and maybe that is what gripes his jealous critics in the media and elsewhere! :rolleyes:

Why would his stardom 'gripe jealous critics' and not the equal or greater stardom of those who are not always talking offensive bollocks in the press? Why, do you suppose, does the famously courteous and immensely respected Robert Plant, for example, never gripe any jealous critics?