Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cathrin wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that the dynamic of this relationship [at least, the way Liz is presenting it] is actually becoming really unpleasant and creepy? We've all seen relationships like this, where partner A constantly puts partner B down, and yet partner B, the one being badly treated, not only puts up with it, but accepts blame for everything, and even apologises over and over again.

Just imagine if the genders were reversed, and a male columnist was proudly bragging about the way he insults and humiliates his female partner, putting her down, belittling every single aspect of her life-- appearance, financial situation, living conditions, friends, exes, personal hygeine, even encouraging his friends to join in by insulting her....("I tried to enlist Dawn onto my side. "Dawn, doesn't his hair look awful? It's like a cloud.").....you name it, she's sniped at it.

Now imagine this male writer repeatedly recounts arguments in which he shouts hurtful put-downs at his girlfriend and humiliates her, to the point that she finally cracks and flounces out (upon which the male columnist snidely references the expensive gifts he's bought her.) Then, time and time again, the girlfriend comes humbly back into line with a meek, self-critical text message, basically accepting responsibility and blame for everything that has gone wrong in the relationship, humbly apologising for her own "over-sensitivity" and showering the boyfriend with grateful compliments and praise for putting up with her. (Just look how many of these episodes have culminated in a long, penitent "mea culpa, you-were-right-and-I-was-wrong" message like this).

Whether the picture Liz paints of her behaviour is 100% accurate or not, it's still the picture she seems perfectly happy [and even proud] to share with the world. Which is staggering, when you think about it. I'm well aware that this kind of behaviour exists, but I'd be willing to bet that most people who treat their partner in this horrible way don't go around shouting about it from the rooftops. Does she really have no idea how badly she's coming across? Does she imagine female readers everywhere are all punching the air in support for her strength and feistiness, and anyone who points out the nastiness is simply a "vile troll"?

ETA ....As for her opinion piece, when will she realise that her own view of men is not remotely representative of men in general? The way she tars all guys with the same broad, insulting brush is monstrously offensive. Again, just try reversing the genders: imagine a male journalist interviewing a bunch of blokes and automatically labelling their girlfriends "lumps of lard." Shocking stuff.

Too right! We can't entirely blame Liz for this though, there's an extensive history of "feisty" female columnists and indeed even TV shows wherein we're supposed to accept that women are more "civilised" than men and that they can and should nag and mock their male partners. Of course, the root of this is simply that most women don't actually have the same social or earning power as their male partners, so it's seen as a bit transgressive but ultimately meaningless.

Today we really don't have that excuse. We wouldn't accept it from a man, so we shouldn't accept it from a woman. Moreover, Liz, for all her crying of poverty, is not in David's financial thrall. She has no financial need of him, he has no power over her, so it's just meanspirited bullying, quite frankly.
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand liz, one minute she is having all her cards knocked back and getting phone calls etc about money owed, now she is buying Diptyque candles and Bottega Veneta stuff. Bizarre-O?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand liz, one minute she is having all her cards knocked back and getting phone calls etc about money owed, now she is buying Diptyque candles and Bottega Veneta stuff. Bizarre-O?

I somehow hope neither reality is true. For her sake, even though I don't like what I see of the woman. Because one way or another, she's lying about her financial status, and it's either a) I don't have quite enough money to buy more than one two thousand pound dress this season after all my bills and Diptyque candles are accounted for, therefore I am *living in penury* and every time I get a bank balance or mortgage statement in the mail it's a DEMAND, or b) I am actually literally living close to the wire and all this bollocks about Diptyque is either complete fantasy, or else I am continuing to spend even though I literally cannot afford it, piling myself deeper into debt that I've been encouraged to incur on the basis of my previous income.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I am increasingly convinced that he is supposed to have dumped her by now. Jonesey's thinking is so transparent: she knows the Dreary was at its 'height' in the Nirp years... the courtship, marriage and divorce. Consequently, back in the Autumn of 2013 when the Dreary was on it's arse, she decided to rinse and repeat. Coaxed Dscrace out of the shadows, gave it the whole 'love of my life' thing for a couple of weeks that got stuck in. Dirty, smelly, dometically inept, lousy shag... surely guaranteed that the Dirty Baker would show a bit of backbone, tell her to **** off and return to obscurity. Cue Our Liz giving it the "poor me, alone again" bollocks ad infinitum. It can't work if she dumps him, because everyone will say "yeah, well, so what and who can blame him?".

She tries and tries but he doesn't get the hint at all.

And as for her claiming that he just 'uses her for sex'. I mean to say... hasn't she got a mirror? 'Takes one for the team' more like...
  • Options
    DeliriumTremensDeliriumTremens Posts: 2,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Liz Jones's baker boy was seen at the debate she had with Julie Burchill, and by all accountsthey were pretty loved up.
    There is a fabulous letter in Dogs Today (Jan edition) which takes her to task about the 'Hearing Dogs' claims she has made. Her response (she was allowed a right of response which is more than she lets her targets!) was her usual lies and rather peculiar claims that her dogs are badly behaved as they are rescue dogs and she rehabilitates them.
    As an owner of rescue dogs none of mine behave like hers but then we take them to training and spend time with them.
    And she denies trying to pass them off as 'hearing dogs'.
  • Options
    AligatorCatAligatorCat Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    Morning. Can't seem to find today's diary. Not sure whether it is just me..?
  • Options
    Trudi MonkTrudi Monk Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

At the time of posting, none of You magazine has been updated on line it is still last week's.:(
  • Options
    L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It looks like they haven't updated the link from the main page yet. The latest diary is here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2961359/Liz-Jones-s-Diary-spend-night-private-members-club.html
  • Options
    Suky MSuky M Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    Today's offerings:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2961359/Liz-Jones-s-Diary-spend-night-private-members-club.html

I had been billed as a ‘confessional columnist’, a title I told the audience I object to...... I’m not a ‘confessional columnist’, I’m a writer:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

She couldn't hear fellow panellist, Julie Burchill berating her, (well Lizard is deaf, doncha know!) which according to Liz was just as well......

......I think she knows that she doesn't have the wit or intelligence to respond, so easier to say she can't hear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2963215/LIZ-JONES-Life-simpler-chopped-women-s-heads.html

Probably one of her worst efforts to date:o
  • Options
    Peskypoo2Peskypoo2 Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    Distinct lack of comments on both Diary and the other piece. People rapidly losing interest me thinks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suky M, The debate started with Julie Burchill saying to Liz Jones, "that her complaining about people laughing at her and her life is like a flasher going into a police station and complaining that women laughed at his penis size."

There were quite a few times she pretended to not hear questions or responses, but she wasn't wearing her hearing aids, despite her profound deafness.

She was taken to task about quite a lot of her lies.
    But David was there and they were quite tactile and sweet with each other. David was also hugging the other participants.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking for something else entirely, I chanced upon the following quote from the rancid old hag, uttered October 2013 at a live Q&A she did:

"I'd like to write a screenplay about having a romance with someone a person met thirty years ago."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...
  • Options
    teacup333teacup333 Posts: 211
    Forum Member

Jonesy v Burchill! Did anyone record this for Youtube?? Did they wrestle in mud??? :D
  • Options
    newbabynewbaby Posts: 826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Looking for something else entirely, I chanced upon the following quote from the rancid old hag, uttered October 2013 at a live Q&A she did:

"I'd like to write a screenplay about having a romance with someone a person met thirty years ago."

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

This, I imagine, would be the screenplay of the "novel" she is writing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all! Just seeen some pics from the Great Debate (Jonesey getting twatted by Burchill) and Our Liz is looking rough as guts! Face a sort of luminous orange with unmatching corned-beef leg accessories, half her nose seems to have collapsed (right side), her ears are now resting on her shoulders and, despite a comb-over, she seems to be losing her hair. She was drinking again too.

Someone has kindly sent me some pics from this event, and yes, the right side of her nose has indeed collapsed: it's the nose of someone who has been doing too much Bolivian Marching Powder for too long, and the cartilage has died. I'm guessing the septum will follow.
  • Options
    Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has kindly sent me some pics from this event, and yes, the right side of her nose has indeed collapsed: it's the nose of someone who has been doing too much Bolivian Marching Powder for too long, and the cartilage has died. I'm guessing the septum will follow.

Would explain the cash flow problems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Wasn't she already with him then though?

I must admit similar thoughts cross my mind on a regular basis, because I am an old person who has revisited past lovers a few times and it is quite interesting and untapped.

Liz's version is quite terrible however.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

REALLY.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    Wasn't she already with him then though?

I must admit similar thoughts cross my mind on a regular basis, because I am an old person who has revisited past lovers a few times and it is quite interesting and untapped.

Liz's version is quite terrible however.

No, that was when she was allegedly "with" the Non-Existent Fake Rock Star Who Wasn't Anything Like Jim Kerr At All Except For The Piggy Eyes, Glasgae Accent, Buzz Cut And Meaty Thighs, Oh No... who of course she wasn't "with" at all because he was a complete fiction.

Interesting - or not, actually - that she's been seen in public with the Master Baker* many times, including buttock-clenchingly embarrassing photo shoots, but while "with" the FRS there wasn't so much as a single blurry phonecam shot of the two. Hmmmmmm... wonder why that might be ?

(* you see what I did there... ;-) )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Hi, finally signed up after being a long time reader. Curiosity has got the better of me. So is it really true all of those denials ages ago about the party where jones was 'seen' getting happy and went on about for ages afterwards how her life was ruined etc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For me the thing about about jones is that initially when I first read the diary I felt sorry for her (she was so sad sounding and couldn't afford to feed herself blah blah blah) then I started to wise up as I realised its all just nonsense. The way she is so unkind about others and won't take ANY responsibility for anything she says or does. So you start getting really annoyed by her and that's you hooked for years. Sort of can't take your eyes off her because you're so appalled at what she says. So that's it now, am slightly obsessed with the woman...not proud at all.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On a roll now - getting the frustration out!
    Something else that really bugs me is the faux vegan rubbish. I was a vegan for years in my long time ago youth and it takes a lot of commitment and she just makes a nonsense out of it, crumbs, I don't think she even knows what the word means.
    She discredits everything she touches.
    Someone in my family is applying for a Hearing Dog as they REALLY are deaf and there she goes making it into something ridiculous.
    Drives me nuts.
    Why can't she just be a decent person/writer/partner ? Just seems beyond her. God help the baker, poor bloke has got to be blinded by love to put up with up with what she tells the world about him. Can you really imagine he's happy? Nope. Can't believe anyone would want to tie themselves together with a partner like that, just a nightmare in heels and a dress.

That feels better now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cherry Chocolate, you should read the Dogs Today letter, it really was excellent, and she tried to deny what she'd written, but she couldn't deny all of it. So she just 'avoided' answering those aspects of it.
    She claims to be brutely honest in her writing about herself and her life (and incidently anyone who comes into contact with her, with or without their permission), but if that was the case why bother with the lies.?
    Her attitude is irresponsible and at times dispicable towards animals, colleagues, family, finance .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Delirium, saw the HDogs letter, and thought good for them! Just hope the rubbish she prints about her unofficial HDog the famous collie husband Michael, doesn't put people off giving to the wonderful charity which trains these dogs as have been told it costs around £40k to train them.
    You're quite right, she reckons she's completely honest BUT no way is that true. After reading her diary for a short while you start stumbling on all those little inconsistencies.
    I don't know why she lies, maybe it's for attention or perhaps it's being a lazy writer.

Always makes me laugh when there's plenty of moaning about all the long hours she works on her craft, and I think to myself she must be so hopeless if it takes her that long, especially when she's just repeating something we've heard before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Really can't understand why her dogs aren't trained - even just a little. Have always had rescued dogs and you put the time in to train them and they love it. So aren't a problem once you do that. Though in a sheep area you'd need to be very careful as that pact instinct can happen in a flash so leads are vital just as a completely escape proof garden which jones can afford surely.
    Jones has talked about them destroying plenty of her possessions which I don't get because she tells the world she's OCD about tidying. So how do said dogs get to all of these neatly tidied away goodies???

Doesn't add up does it ?