The Sun suggesting that Olly Murs and Caroline Flack will replace Dermot

COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,100
Forum Member
✭✭
According to Dan Wootton its on the front page tomorrow pic.twitter.com/dWev6BIONN

Comments

• ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Hate that Wootton fella but he's normally quite spot on with this stuff isn't he
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Won't be watching. I am not a fan of Flack at all. I am not sure why they won't let Olly present it on his own. I guess they need to appeal to the male viewers with 'eye candy'.
  • 2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Cant stand either so probably wont tune in.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Sun? Reliable source of news?
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Flack was on Celebrity Juice a week ago...said she had a huge new TV job coming up this year she couldn't yet talk about.

Could lend itself to the theory but then again she did say "New"
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »

They were the ones who first revealed Dermot had left..
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd that Simon would allow her back after she did Strickly.. though she is best woman for the job. Not sure about Olly though.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    I'm surprised with Caroline as I thought after Strictly she was going to distance herself from X Factor stuff. I remember reading about her wanting to take on a whole new career in the West End and performing because she really loved it that much on Strictly. It would have made sense.

If it's true that she is going back, I presume there's two reasons - the money must be good and working with Olly again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    They are actually very reliable when it comes to internal Syco news that Simon wants to see out there without personally announcing it. They get lots of exclusives on Syco acts like 1D and Little Mix. Wootton and Syco clearly have a long running deal, and if I see something he's written attributed to "sources" at Syco, I assume Simon himself said it or told one of his lieutenants to.
  • spursboy68spursboy68 Posts: 4,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've heard from an ITK that it's Flack solo. Reliable source.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Would make more sense. Didn't Olly want to focus on music? That's why he quit Xtra Factor before.
  • steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please God no 2 presenters very rarely works & for it to have anychance of working they need bag & bags of chemistry together & to me when they hosted the strategy factor together it just didn't work at all IMO
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcerBen wrote: »
    Odd that Simon would allow her back after she did Strickly.. though she is best woman for the job. Not sure about Olly though.

The Strictly connection though is just a one time only event, and its raised her profile hugely-especially as she won and did the tour too. I read somewhere that Cowell was genuinely pleased for her, and if she does get the job it seems like win-win to me.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,822
    Forum Member
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    The Strictly connection though is just a one time only event, and its raised her profile hugely-especially as she won and did the tour too. I read somewhere that Cowell was genuinely pleased for her, and if she does get the job it seems like win-win to me.

I do wonder that if she'd crashed and burned in Strictly and was out in the first few weeks would Cowell have wanted her then?

I like Caroline, she's a good presenter and I think her, with Olly would be good for the show.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy to see just Caroline on her own, she would make a good presenter - not Olly Murs.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I agree with the comment that Dermot was ' wooden'

and his 'You Saturday Night Starts Here' comment always used to pee me off, as most of us had just enjoyed watching 'Strictly'.
  • NicoleRichNicoleRich Posts: 2,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are both insufferable.
  • pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caroline and Olly together would be best option. They were great together on Xtra Factor but the year she was with Matt was nowhere near as good.
  • big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    Would love Caroline and Olly back together. They made Xtra more watchable than the main show in their years as presenters imo. I can imagine her being able to keep the judges in check quite well too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I do wonder that if she'd crashed and burned in Strictly and was out in the first few weeks would Cowell have wanted her then?

I like Caroline, she's a good presenter and I think her, with Olly would be good for the show.

Idk. But she was pretty popular during her time on Xtra with viewers. She obviously left on good terms
  • KNs47KNs47 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Caroline and Olly together would be best option. They were great together on Xtra Factor but the year she was with Matt was nowhere near as good.

Presenting the main XF show is a completely different beast from the Xtra Factor. The chemistry that existed between the two was largely because of the unscripted, free flowing banter between them, the main XF show doesn't have that, it's live and heavily scripted. If they do both end up working on the main show I'd expect Flack to be the main host with Murs as the more junior role. You only have see to how good Kate Thornton was on the ITV2 show, and how that didn't translate to the full presenting role, or the wooden Steve Jones on the XF USA. I do like Caroline Flack in the roles I've seen her in, but I think we'll see how good a presenter Dermot actually is. Cowell should have fixed the parts of the show that are actually broken rather than wasting time on something that's not.
  • John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NicoleRich wrote: »
    They are both insufferable.

Indeed they are so entirely right for this clapped out nonsense of a programme. ^_^
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,530
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if it was Flack; although would mean she would probably never go on SCD ever again, not even for a victors fance
  • DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flack was on Celebrity Juice a week ago...said she had a huge new TV job coming up this year she couldn't yet talk about.

Could lend itself to the theory but then again she did say "New"

I think she could well have been offered something big from BBC.
    After all Caroline did win SCD.:)

I think Olly would be an excellent replacement for Dermot though.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems rather strange to give Flack the top job just a year after being let go from the Xtra Factor, has she suddenly become a better presenter? I'm not convinced scapegoating Dermot O'Leary will reverse the decline either.