Citreon C1/C2

BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
Forum Member
✭✭
Any owners of these cars here? Looking to get one soon...second hand [ not that rich! ] - I wanted a car that is on the £20-30 car tax band, that is great on petrol [ I drive mainly around town, hardly ever go long distance, quite a few 2 mile trips and back ]. Main use is for me, my wife and little boy. Very rarely, we have to take her 14 year old son back to his dad 30 miles away but want to make the decision on what is best for our regular use.

For some reason, I quite like the look of these two models...I don't want to confuse myself with too many other cars unless I have missed something obvious.

If anyone has any opinions on these, feel free to add them. I realise that no car is ever perfect and that every model will have pro's and cons....

Comments

• quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I personally love my C2 but the tax isnt £30 - thats the C1.
    Its a great drive, good on fuel, reliable, low insurance and I've had no problems.
    If I was regularly taking adult passengers around I wouldnt choose the C1.
  • BluesTrainRadioBluesTrainRadio Posts: 990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah...I thought the C2 was also £30 tax...is it the full rate then?
  • quatroquatro Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is £120 per year - 1.1 engine [its quite nippy though].
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks...might have to re-think the C2 then! Has to be a £30 tax band car...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    C1...Peugeot 107...Toyota Aygo...all £30 tax band.

Have you been in a C1 then? Is it really cramped? I guess I would have to sit in one to find out!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    I had a c1 as a first car, I loved it, but it was a little sewing machine on wheels! Having said that I'd happily go back to one if I was to live somewhere less rural in the future.
    Forum Member
    C1...Peugeot 107...Toyota Aygo...all £30 tax band.

Have you been in a C1 then? Is it really cramped? I guess I would have to sit in one to find out!

Just seen this. Sorry. Not cramped at all, I'm 6 foot and my ex was 6 4 and we both found it comfy, my son went in the back, adults in the back would be a little more difficult! I ind my fiesta seat doesnt go as far back as the c1 did, although its bigger
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting...as I said, I would obviously need to sit in one to really find out...I am 5 ft 10, my wife is about the same...my 6 year old wont be a teenager's height for a while yet! We don't ever buy much shopping, so the boot will probably be ok...but its good to read that you found it to be a good car and comfortable too...was it reliable?
    Forum Member
    Interesting...as I said, I would obviously need to sit in one to really find out...I am 5 ft 10, my wife is about the same...my 6 year old wont be a teenager's height for a while yet! We don't ever buy much shopping, so the boot will probably be ok...but its good to read that you found it to be a good car and comfortable too...was it reliable?

Mine was a brand new one, and only died when I ran into the back of someone:mad: but I will say I was 16 weeks pregnant, the car a write off, but I walked away with only a seatbelt bruise, so I thank the car for that.

Never had any mechanical issues and it was very cheap to run. Like I said, I loved him, was really nippy too :)
  • nw0307nw0307 Posts: 10,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a C2 diesel in it was £30 tax band. 1.4 litre too. Great car but thought I had a major problem with it and swapped for a Toyota Aygo. In the end the C2 only needed a new fuel filter. I love the Aygos though and my brand new one is 0 tax every year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can only afford second hand C1 but the ones I've seen all look great...
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was going to get a C2 but it only having 2 seats in the back put me off as I am often designated driver. Went for the C3 instead which has been a beauty, I love my car.

A friend has a C1 and loves it though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My step-dad has been on the phone..he is meticulous in the finer details bless him..working out mileage...parts...everything. He is old school so felt the Citroen wasn't reliable...everything here tells me that they are all fine in that aspect now?

I am liking the C1...just looks a great little car to zoom around town...and cheap to run all round. Is that a fair assessment? Obviously the Aygos and the Puegeot 107 are very similar cars...so assume they are pretty much on a par with the C1.

Giraffe Girl - what is it about the C1 that your friend likes so much?
    Forum Member
    C1s, Aygos and 106 are the same cars, with different 'decor' I beleive (but maybe wrong) they are all made in France, the sold to the various companies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So really...finding the best deal on any of these is a plan then!

I'm most happy to read that there is more room in a C1 than I first thought...think I need to go and see one in the flesh.
  • GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My step-dad has been on the phone..he is meticulous in the finer details bless him..working out mileage...parts...everything. He is old school so felt the Citroen wasn't reliable...everything here tells me that they are all fine in that aspect now?

I am liking the C1...just looks a great little car to zoom around town...and cheap to run all round. Is that a fair assessment? Obviously the Aygos and the Puegeot 107 are very similar cars...so assume they are pretty much on a par with the C1.

Giraffe Girl - what is it about the C1 that your friend likes so much?

Nippy, cheap, reliable - basically the essentials of a car unless you're really into them!
  • Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    bazaar1 wrote: »
    C1s, Aygos and 106 are the same cars, with different 'decor' I beleive (but maybe wrong) they are all made in France, the sold to the various companies.

Yes, that's right. They all come out of the same French factory with a Toyota engine fitted!

I had a Toyota Aygo as a courtesy car a few years ago when my own car was being repaired. Didn't find any shortage of room inside and I'm 6ft 0ins tall, but the rear seat was only really suitable for a couple of small children. Also, the seats were very uncomfortable after about an hour. That's how long it took me to drive the 30 miles to work, and I certainly wouldn't want to travel any further in one.
  • station31station31 Posts: 3,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazaar1 wrote: »

Your right all three are Aygo's underneath, all 3 models built in the same factory
  • U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't own one, but i know a few people who have owned/own the C1/Aygo.
    Only problems reported were water leaks on the C1.Not on the Aygo.But i hear they both have it as a common fault(easily fixed).
    I'd get an Aygo,maybe a Blue.
    Don't rule out the wee Panda/Picanto/Hyundai i10 though.
  • David (2)David (2) Posts: 20,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The C1, Aygo, and 107 (not the 106) are basically the same car. Cheap to run and insure. I test drove a C1 a few years ago. Quite impressed, like a little gocart. Special eddition models usually have nicer interiors as well. Sold in both 2door + 4 door form.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies, I am very encouraged that its all mainly postive stuff, especially for those who are 6ft tall and finding them spacious enough. I viewed a few YouTube test runs on these three cars [ C1/107/Aygo ] obviously all pretty much the same review! The main obvious drawbacks reported was the lack of space towards the back plus they mentioned that getting up to 60 was a struggle, again, this might be obvious with engine size. I rarely drive fast but would like to do 60 round our bypass without the car shaking! Can anyone advise on whether this is a real issue?

I really like the size of these cars...as I say, 90% of the time, it will be for running around town, short trips, work is a 7 minute drive, wife works 2 miles away. So for this, they sound ideal?

So...get one of these cars...cheap to run, mainly reliable, cheap tax, will cut my outgoings each month. Downside is mainly the lack of storage space and the fact its not so good for long journeys should I need to make them [ which I rarely do ].

If I could get a C2 or similar...then I get the extra storage, bit more comfort, and the ability to drive longer distances. Downside is that, although fuel will be better still, the tax will not change and my overall running costs won't be much different.

So do I plan for what I do 90% of the time or have the extra car to cover the other 10% too?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My ex-gf had a c2 for 3 years and it was a great car. Im 6ft 1 and could drive it no problem.
    1.1L SX , never missed a beat and great reliability. A bit more room than the C1 .
    Good on fuel , perfect for zipping round town and we could get our Asda goodies in it no worries :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very quick search on Auto Trader showed that the Puegeot 107 and Aygo are on average, pricier than a C1, despite being the same thing pretty much...that is interesting.

And also...very unscientific...but the C2s I have looked at there, seem to be cheaper than the C1...I guess this is due to the cheapness to run a C1?
  • callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't the C1, Peugeot 107 and Aygo all built on the same base with just the body changing?

We had a C1 as a courtesy car a while ago, it was ok, a little cramped compared with our C4 Grand Picasso, but then you'd expect that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes...apparently all the same car pretty much...which is strange to see prices varying on the second hand models I've been comparing!