Man United Supporters Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :rolleyes:Stories from the papers today

Daily Star

Roberto Mancini has blasted Premier League referees - and claimed their decisions have boosted Manchester United's chances of landing trhe title.

Balotelli stamping on someone's head then being allowed to stay on to earn and score a match winning penalty

Balotelli being sent off about 75 mins after he should have been against Arsenal

Barry not conceding a penalty against Stoke

Dzeko earning a penalty against Sunderland with a fall that was as theatrical as anything Ashley Young has done.

I could go on, but it's noticeable that he wasn't moaning when city were 8 points clear.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Im starting to lose a bit of respect for Mancini as a person which is a shame cos i did warm to him despite being in charge of City.

His antics over Tevez and Balotelli were those of a weak man and now he looking to make refs the scapegoat for not being top of the league
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Im starting to lose a bit of respect for Mancini as a person which is a shame cos i did warm to him despite being in charge of City.

His antics over Tevez and Balotelli were those of a weak man and now he looking to make refs the scapegoat for not being top of the league

Put it his way, I have more respect for you, than I do for Mancini and his antics.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Put it his way, I have more respect for you, than I do for Mancini and his antics.;)

So you should, Im the voice of reason ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »

Wow! Was that REALLY 13 whole years ago???!! :eek::eek:

Wow, that kind of makes me feel a bit on the old side of life. :eek::o:o:(

BUt what a game that was!!!:D:D

I honestly thought that we wer down and out when we went 2-0 down on the night, we were not playing well at that stage, but to somehow pull it out of the bag, was quite surreal really! :D

Oh, and I am STILL waiting for Peruzzi to get his fully deserved red card!!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you should, Im the voice of reason ;)

Actually, I was just saying that I have zero respect for Mancini, so even someone that I respect 0.00001% would be higher up in my estimations that him! :D;)
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,968
    Forum Member
    Wow! Was that REALLY 13 whole years ago???!! :eek::eek:

Wow, that kind of makes me feel a bit on the old side of life. :eek::o:o:(

BUt what a game that was!!!:D:D

I honestly thought that we wer down and out when we went 2-0 down on the night, we were not playing well at that stage, but to somehow pull it out of the bag, was quite surreal really! :D

Oh, and I am STILL waiting for Peruzzi to get his fully deserved red card!!:mad:

I know what you mean when you say it makes you feel old. Before the game i was so nervous as Juventus back then were such a great team under Marcello Lippi, and my next door Neighbour at the time, who was about 89 Years old and a massive Leeds United fan was winding me up saying we would lose as he was desperate for us not to win the Treble. When we went 2-0 down i was convinced we were going out as know one came back from 2-0 down against the Italians, however the lads and Roy Keane especially were superb and i was so happy when we won 3-2, and my next door Neighbours face was a picture even he had to admit United deserved to go through that night. Happy times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    I know what you mean when you say it makes you feel old. Before the game i was so nervous as Juventus back then were such a great team under Marcello Lippi, and my next door Neighbour at the time, who was about 89 Years old and a massive Leeds United fan was winding me up saying we would lose as he was desperate for us not to win the Treble. When we went 2-0 down i was convinced we were going out as know one came back from 2-0 down against the Italians, however the lads and Roy Keane especially were superb and i was so happy when we won 3-2, and my next door Neighbours face was a picture even he had to admit United deserved to go through that night. Happy times.

I know how you feel in a way, my bst friend is a huge Forest fan, but also the single biggest ABU of all time, and was with me while that match was on, I was getting all sorts of grief when we went down 2-0, he was saying all sorts of things to take the mickey! :mad:
    But then when Keane scored (he still believes that Keane's best years were and always will be at Forest! :eek::D), he started to get a bit scared that we might pull it off, and then when we scored the last goal by Cole, he said that it should not have stood, and it should have been a penalty, and that we cheated to get to the final! :D:D
    Typical him really, apart form football, we get on fine, but then it just all seems to come out really! :D

The fact that Giggs and Scholes are STILL playing in our team is quite remarkable, as I would suggest that not a single other team from that season's competition has got anyone who is still playing for them, nevermind TWO] of them!:eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and by the way just who do I contact over getting those 90+ minutes back for my life, that I used to watch that rubbish game between to poxy London clubs????

What dross that was!

The face that Sky gave the MOTM to a guy that got subbed, just about sums up that match! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking, in the summer do you think Zaha will leave Crystal Palce? I don't mean to us, I just mean in general? The reason I ask is because if he does, then that would be a good place to perhaps send William Keane for a loan spell perhaps?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, nice to see a certain Alan Smith score for MK Dons, that was his first goal since he scored in our big victory of 7-1 v Roma apparently!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Instead of looking at Modric, how much would Ben Arfa cost from Newcastle? Would he be a good option for us?
    He now has Premier League expierence, after all it is about time we got something in return for all of the players that we have given them recently (Obertan, Simpson etc)! :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It will take serious/silly money to get anyone from Newcastle. Ben Afra has always been a quality player.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will take serious/silly money to get anyone from Newcastle. Ben Afra has always been a quality player.

Not according to Sherear, who didn't know who the bloke was at the last World Cup! :D
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, Ben Afra, would cost a hell of a lot of money to buy from Newcastle, he is a very good player, cant see them selling him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see Newcastle on such good form, it will be good to see them keep their home form up that much is for sure! :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would anyone else like to get Motherwell in our Champions League group next season? :D

It would be good to play a different Scottish team for a change! :D
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    Would anyone else like to get Motherwell in our Champions League group next season? :D

It would be good to play a different Scottish team for a change! :D

Why? So we can get another 0-0 at home and 2-0 away?

I guess for the variety....:D

Why is our kickoff tomorrow at 12:30? Everton isn't a rival...they're just based out of Liverpool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why? So we can get another 0-0 at home and 2-0 away?

I guess for the variety....:D

Why is our kickoff tomorrow at 12:30? Everton isn't a rival...they're just based out of Liverpool.

Well it is preferable to playing Villerreal that much is for sure!
    (seeing as every single match in our history with them have finished 0-0!:eek:)

Our match is an early kick off, so that Sky can show both Manchester sides.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    Well it is preferable to playing Villerreal that much is for sure!
    (seeing as every single match in our history with them have finished 0-0!:eek:)

Our match is an early kick off, so that Sky can show both Manchester sides.

We still need at least one Turkish squad who always manage to beat us or nearly beat us at home.

Show the other half of Manchester in the undesirable kickoff slot then! :D

Wolves are terrible so I expect a 5 goal plonking, but I think the title is ours with a win and a draw. I'm not sure we can afford a loss tomorrow as I'm not expecting a result at Etihad.

Basically, keep the gap at 5 on the 30th and then beat Swansea after Newcastle take care of Man City so the trophy can be presented at home!

Here's another thought, how would Man Utd-lite (Sunderland) handle playing us if the title came down to the final day? Would Wes and O'Shea prove their loyalty to their old club? :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's another thought, how would Man Utd-lite (Sunderland) handle playing us if the title came down to the final day? Would Wes and O'Shea prove their loyalty to their old club? :D:D:D

Remember a few years ago, when we were in a title race with Chelsea I think it was, and we had a tough match at Everton's ground, 2-2 I think it was, and then who else popped up to help us out with an Own Goal???
    Yeah, Captain Phil! :D
    Once a Red, Always a Red! Eh, Phil?! :D:D

So, something like that again, would do nicely! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Berbatov to newcastle swap?
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dmuk wrote: »
    Berbatov to newcastle swap?

Isn't Berbatov out of contract in the summer?
  • Options
    CTD101CTD101 Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see a certain poster in the Barca thread has got his excuses in early.
This discussion has been closed.