AMC's Low Winter Sun To Air In UK On Fox

2»

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Squiggle wrote: »
    Here is a Q&A with Mark Strong from the Los Angeles Times regarding Low Winter Sun. It's an interesting read. :)

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-mark-strong-low-winter-sun-british-actors-antihero-shows-20130818,0,6580849,full.story

Saw this quote ..
    The differences will become pronounced. It’s 10 hours as opposed to three hours.

Almost suggests it's a one-off series ..
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    I've seen trailers for The Walking Dead returning on Fox on 18th October. I understood Low Winter Sun was ten episodes and we're only up to seven so I'm assuming there's a double bill to round things off on the 11th?

Yes, AMC is airing the final two episodes back-to-back next week.
  • Keefy-boyKeefy-boy Posts: 13,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone watching this? I've got to the stage where watching it is becoming a chore, even though I'd quite like to see how it ends. Every episode is pretty much the same.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keefy-boy wrote: »
    Is anyone watching this? I've got to the stage where watching it is becoming a chore, even though I'd quite like to see how it ends. Every episode is pretty much the same.

I watched it. Ended up being largely underwhelmed in the end. Found the whole Damon & Maya story totally uninteresting. Didn't engage with Geddes and Agnew either. Det Khalil was the most interesting character for me but she didn't feature enough.

I nearly gave up after episode 5 but decided to stick with it. Ep 8 was good. The ending of that ep was set up early on but when IT happened it was still a shock. But the finale was a mess.
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episodes 9 and 10 have been edited together to form a feature length last episode.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Final episode was hugely disappointing. I found the plot conclusions hard to believe.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on whether or not this is getting cancelled. But then, to be fair, I barely followed what was going on before I stopped watching and started recording so if it does survive then I can't say i'm massively enthused to go back in and watch the episodes i've got on the Sky+ box..
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad i didn't bother to watch this. Seems to have been a massive flop for everyone concerned. What a waste of talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I watched this all over 4 days and found it riveting tbh.

The reviews were not great, but just shows you shouldn't always listen to other people and make your own mind up.

Mark Strong's performance was predictably amazing, especially in the last 2 episodes.

This series is not one for people with short attention spans as it's very dialogue driven but, for me, i love that kind if thing.

Don't be put off from watching it is all i can say.