Updated PlayStation app now available

TheCrackInTimeTheCrackInTime Posts: 134
Forum Member
It's not supposed to be available here until the 22nd, but I've just downloaded the update directly from Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scee.psxandroid

Comments

• gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks promising. I was able to read my ps3 msgs. I also msgd a couple people who were online from it, though don't know if it worked or if they just didn't answer
  • nig6nig6 Posts: 680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    not on ios yet :(
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This should be a very handy little app. I use Smartglass on Xbox 360 quite a lot, so I'm happy to see this on PS4.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is pretty nifty and is certainly better from a social point of view. It is a shame that you cannot still check the blog though. It was the only thing I used the old app for...
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems a bit slow and clunky but already seems better than the old version. The big question is will it still remember me in a couple of days because that was the big problem with the old version.

@Nedubiz I hope the blog option returns as I used the old version for that from time to time as well.

EDIT: Just noticed the trophies show their rarity on the app :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah you get 24 hrs on the old app. Hoping they've scrapped that on new app
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Is it just an update for the current app or is it a while new app to download? Can't find either on iOS App Store yet
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't show up on the Play store, but if you've previously DLed the old version it shows up in your "myapps" section, and very nice it is too.
  • rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mine was an update to the existing app.

Messaging works well and its good to see the 'rarity' next to each trophy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing is im well over 24hrs and is not logged me out. That was a bit of a pain on old app.