Options

I'm gonna grow a beard

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I hate my facial hair. I was bleeding because the razors are never good enough. I am half ape.

I'll bet you 12 grand I will have a full seaman's beard in 7 days.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    Don't grow a goatee. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,219
    Forum Member
    I can't bear to see any photos of me when I had a beard. :eek:
    I can't imagine what I must have been thinking. :D
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im not keen on beards - but i like a bit of designer stubble.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    im not keen on beards - but i like a bit of designer stubble.

Got no choice. Nearly bleed to death today.:confused:
  • Options
    marlomarlo Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    i dont blame you - i hate shaving and quite often end up with weekend beards or holiday beards cos I cant be arsed to shave when not in work, which my OH absolutely detests :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just had a shave and it's already growing back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marlo wrote: »
    i dont blame you - i hate shaving and quite often end up with weekend beards or holiday beards cos I cant be arsed to shave when not in work, which my OH absolutely detests :D

Yeah but Marlo, mine grows so vastly fast. Thanks for your input.
  • Options
    marlomarlo Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Yeah but Marlo, mine grows so vastly fast. Thanks for your input.

Ah i see - sorry i'm a bit slow today.

oh dear, must be a nightmare - i hate shaving with normal growth, i couldn't be shaving 8 to 10 times a day :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grow a beard, then use trimmers to keep it fairly short, just the once or twice a week, to keep it under control.

I like short beards, they are more kiss friendly than stubble.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My brother in law is the same, when he shaves on a Saturday morning he is nice and clean shaven looking, but by about 9pm that night he has quite noticible stubble. By Sunday evening it has practically a small beard. What a nightmare for him!

Paddy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Paddy C wrote: »
    My brother in law is the same, when he shaves on a Saturday morning he is nice and clean shaven looking, but by about 9pm that night he has quite noticible stubble. By Sunday evening it has practically a small beard. What a nightmare for him!

Why, some of the greatest men in history have beards. Why have blokes become such girls??
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Just had a shave and it's already growing back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Why shave if you're growing a beard?:eek:
  • Options
    KaylanKaylan Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a beard for years now, I have the whole lot cropped every six weeks.

I learnt in the beging to treat it the same as my head hair, I wash it and briush it, If you dont it looks and feels crap.

The first few weeks feel a little strange as it grows, but you get so used to that you no longer think about it.

It does scare small children who are not used to it. My daughter loves haging from mine when it is long LOL

I prefer it when it is short, by six weeks I look like Captin birds eye.

Its starting to get grey flecks in it now, and they show up when it is longer. I am not sure I am ready for a white beard!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    Mine grows so slow it's annoying the few times I've tried to grow one.

Leave it a week or so, and it still looks like bum fluff :(
  • Options
    ikkleosuikkleosu Posts: 11,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paddy C wrote: »

Is your brother in law married to Marge Simpson by chance? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Aspartame wrote: »
    Mine grows so slow it's annoying the few times I've tried to grow one.

Leave it a week or so, and it still looks like bum fluff :(

One of lifes mysteries. Those that can only grow bum fluff long for thicker growth and those with thicker growth don't stop moaning about it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    One of lifes mysteries. Those that can only grow bum fluff long for thicker growth and those with thicker growth don't stop moaning about it. :D

Hehe, I'm not hugely bothered, it does mean I can go a few days without shaving and not look like a tramp. Being fair haired helps too... and also makes beard attempts look worse :)
  • Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's much more sensible to grow a beard than to fight against nature. Some men look very attractive with beards, and personally, I'd much rather see a man with a nicely-kept beard than one with designer stubble.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping the OP is male.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never liked beards - I could just about cope when my OH had a goatee, but the one time he hinted at growing the full set (sideburns, moustached & full chin) I threatened to use Immac on it while he was asleep. It must be annoying to want a beard & not be able to grow one, or conversely have fast-growing facial hair when you'd far rather not. However, think of your OH as well if you have one - I used to feel like I was being scraped by the rougher side of an emery board. My OH would have been sleeping alone if he'd gone ahead with the beard & other facial fuzz. :D
  • Options
    falcon7121falcon7121 Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I hate my facial hair. I was bleeding because the razors are never good enough. I am half ape.
    I`m exactly the same. if i`m using a sharp blade i have really bad cuts and if i use a blunt one i end up really sore. I`ve had either stubble or a beard for the last few years and i have a beard trimmer which i use every Wednesday and Sunday.
    At first i didn`t like the look of me with a beard but i got used to it and now i think i look terrible without it.
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member

I'll bet you 12 grand I will have a full seaman's beard in 7 days.

A beard is not a good idea young lady !!