Fable 3

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have been playing this for a couple of days now and am enjoying it so far. i didn't like the 'decision' you have to make so early in the game, didn't have that in fable 2, but hey. i have been playing good, but my friend is playing evil and i had to laugh when at the beginning i saw what the prince does when he is offered the petition to sign and he gave an evil answer. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will be Christmas till i get this game :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britgirl wrote: »
    i have been playing this for a couple of days now and am enjoying it so far. i didn't like the 'decision' you have to make so early in the game, didn't have that in fable 2, but hey. i have been playing good, but my friend is playing evil and i had to laugh when at the beginning i saw what the prince does when he is offered the petition to sign and he gave an evil answer. :D

Though if you do the evil answer you don't have to make the decision a bit later do you??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    Played this most of sunday, really enjoying it so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna try and pick this up next payday in about 2 weeks maybe the price might come down a bit by then. It sounds like a real good play through with a lot of decision making.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ToomaMcC wrote: »
    Though if you do the evil answer you don't have to make the decision a bit later do you??

i get that and all, it just threw me off a little as it was so early and unexpected and it left me wondering about all the repercussions. i know what is meant to be evil, but it's all for love, lol.

does anyone know how to give spouses gifts? as i keep getting them but can find no option to return one? also, my spouse keeps saying he wants to go somewhere?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britgirl wrote: »
    i get that and all, it just threw me off a little as it was so early and unexpected and it left me wondering about all the repercussions. i know what is meant to be evil, but it's all for love, lol.

does anyone know how to give spouses gifts? as i keep getting them but can find no option to return one? also, my spouse keeps saying he wants to go somewhere?

Would have been nice to have a non evil way of saying 'no ta'.

And I think that you can only give them when you're asked for something specific.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completed it in 2 days, wasn't a fan, which is a shame because I properly loved Fable 2, flaws and all...Fable 3 was just an even more watered down version of Fable 2 and the framerate issues where insane in parts.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finished the main story on Sunday night.

I loved the game, despite the bugs & the framerate issues.

Better than Fable 2 IMO, mainly due to the much better story. It's made me want to re-play the whole trilogy in order.

I wasn't keen on the Sanctuary at first, but once I got used to it I found it worked very well. I've seen some people complain that it's too much of a chore to change weapons or clothes, but I don't see how. Just hit Start, hit the D-Pad hotkey for Weapons/Clothes, & then choose what you want. No more awkward than going through a menu system.

I don't really understand some of the hate for it I've seen here & elsewhere.

The End:
    What's really the problem with it for people? You are specifically told that you need 6.5million in the Treasury to be able fund the defence when the Crawler attacks in a year's time. You also know that every "Good" decision in the Treasury & Throne Room will cost even more money, while every "Bad" decision will bring in money (although a couple were revenue neutral, IIRC).

OK, so it jumps ahead each time you finish a day's Royal Schedule, but after the first couple of jumps it should be fairly obvious that it is not going to take very long before you get to the attack. I think the first jump was around a month, but it's not long before it jumps around 100 days to get to 220-something days left, & then makes another jump of 100 or so days to get to 120-something days left. Fairly logical the attack will then be imminent after the next jump... If you do not have the funds to save everyone, & you're trying to do the "Good" decisions and so need to build up your own personal fortune, then bloody well AVOID THE THRONE ROOM and go off & make some money! Although you're locked into the day's Royal Schedule once you go to the Throne Room for the Rulings, you can just sod off elsewhere after talking to Hobson at the start of the day. Buy every shop & house that you can, whack the prices & rents up, & let the money roll in. Not enough? Plug the controller in, go stand somewhere safe, & then stick a DVD on for a couple of hours. OK, it's a bit of a cheat, but if you need the money...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Take all of the properties you have bought, and jack the rent up. Doesn't matter if your subjects start getting upset - as long as the condition of the houses is maintained, they'll still pay their rent. Once you've built up around 500,000-ish, go to Millfields and purchase the three big expensive houses there - jack up the rent too! It'll set you back quite a bit but you'll notice that on top of your large sum of rent you're getting an extra 30-40K every 5 minutes.

Once you've really started to make some moolah - just go around the map and buy all the big buildings. Raise rent and prices everywhere. Eventually you'll be raking in £150,000+ every five minutes.

Hope this helps!

Also, post Revolution:
    There is a Demon Door near Sunset House, containing 1 million gold. It can only be entered once you have become King/Queen.

I used that to buy up everything I could, starting with expensive shops (Pawnbrokers first, then pubs & blacksmiths) & expensive houses. Whack all prices/rents up as above, & then you'll get more money to buy even more shops & houses.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my spouse is a little strange. i was giving a homeless man some money and he noticed us and he said 'i'm not a jealous man, but leave my wife alone.'

:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Does that really work

Going somewhere safe and then standing my guy out the way and then leaving the xbox on while I go watch TV or go out?
  • Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Well eventually your houses would need 100% repair at which point your tenants stop paying rent, but money would keep coming in from any businesses you own.

Additionally you'll need a wired controller as the wireless ones switch themselves off after a set period of inactivity (20 minutes?).
  • GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobMcB1410 wrote: »
    Does that really work

Going somewhere safe and then standing my guy out the way and then leaving the xbox on while I go watch TV or go out?

how i did it,was as soon as i unlocked the landlord pack i bought all the houses in the dweller camp,and hiked the prices up,and just kept doing it through all the areas(also buying the shops and charging the highest prices),i had just made 6.5 million by the time the attacks happened,and that included keeping all promises and not listening to any of reaver's policies
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RobMcB1410 wrote: »
    Does that really work

in Fable 2 you earned money from rent even when your xbox was off! Does this not happen in 3?
    Forum Member
    No they have changed it.

Now you only earn money while the game is running
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    No they have changed it.

Now you only earn money while the game is running

Guess they did this to prevent the changing the clock settings cheat from the last game.

I liked this function because I came back after not playing it for months and had a huge amount of money to go and buy housing.

I won't be buying as many houses this time round I guess :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well i left the game running whilst i went to pick the little one up from school and i came back to 11 million personal fortune
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One small question though,has anyone else suffered from the game crawling at times?
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I read the opinions here as I was going to buy this tomorrow.....think I'll wait a few months until it hits the bargain bin now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Makson wrote: »
    Glad I read the opinions here as I was going to buy this tomorrow.....think I'll wait a few months until it hits the bargain bin now.

personally i would wait till Lionhead put a update out to fix the glitches,because it is a good game,despite its flaws:)
    Forum Member
    One small question though,has anyone else suffered from the game crawling at times?

Yeah, it happens to me too Jedi.

And not just in the middle of a fight or village when there are loads of NPCs about. Sometimes just running up a hill seems to push the game to its limits.

I hope it does get patched soon, because as you say its a pretty good game when it's not doing things that annoy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    I finished it this morning and was pretty pissed off and disappointed really.

I kept waiting for me to start enjoying it as much as Fable 2 and it never arrived.

Sadly what did arrive was..
    the sudden battle i was not prepared financially for. I had made the 'good' choices and had no money to save the people.

As i had moved my spouse in the Castle I was spending time there trying to have a child and get the demon door open so started the throne Room quests all too quickly.

The graphics were miles better than F2 and the game seemed HUGE for a DVD disk Xbox game.

Unfortunately these were not enough to warrant a second potentially more satisfying play.

Thank god for 10 day returns at Gamestation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darrenio wrote: »
    I finished it this morning and was pretty pissed off and disappointed really.

I kept waiting for me to start enjoying it as much as Fable 2 and it never arrived.

Sadly what did arrive was..
    the sudden battle i was not prepared financially for. I had made the 'good' choices and had no money to save the people.

As i had moved my spouse in the Castle I was spending time there trying to have a child and get the demon door open so started the throne Room quests all too quickly.

The graphics were miles better than F2 and the game seemed HUGE for a DVD disk Xbox game.

Unfortunately these were not enough to warrant a second potentially more satisfying play.

Thank god for 10 day returns at Gamestation.
    Well, why didn't you prepare financially then? :)

You're told how much money you need as soon as you become King/Queen, & it becomes obvious quite quickly that "Good" choices cost money while "Bad" choices bring in money. If you wanted to be "Good", you should have built up your personal fortune & transferred it to the Royal Treasury.

Although the King/Queen section of the game does progress quite quickly, with rather large jumps after each Royal Schedule is completed, it's fairly obvious IMO after the first couple of jumps that it won't take long until the attack comes. IIRC it was something like ~30 day jump, ~100 day jump, ~100 day jump, ~100 day jump, BAM! TIME FOR THE ATTACK.

If not ready, then ignore the Throne Room until ready! :)

You can easily go off after the morning meeting with Hobson & make more money, instead of rushing through the Royal Rulings in the Throne Room & suddenly arriving at the end.

There's a Demon Door by Sunset House which gives 1million once you are King/Queen. Use that to buy up any property you don't already have, slap up the prices & rents to "Highest" (especially on the expensive businesses & houses), go & do some leftover Quests, or wander around, or leave the game running for a while, and you soon have enough money to be "Good" and still save the entire civilian population.

I much preferred it to Fable 2, mainly due to the improved story, characters, & lack of a lame ending.

Buggy as hell though...

I plan on re-playing the whole trilogy soon.
  • Music_boxMusic_box Posts: 1,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can you and a friend do the main quest line together if you join each other in one of the worlds?