ED: Now Katie is back

Comments

• StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I don't see the point in Katie being back. Perhaps more mischief making on the horizon.

She's a total waste of skin and organs.
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she hadn't shagged Robert, Andy wouldn't have met Joe and started knocking seven shades of sh!t out of her. Nor would Victoria have been so traumatised by seeing them that she had to go to Spain for a new head.

There's enough material for a half hour double header, with Katie just sitting there being ripped to shreads by Victoria for her past crimes.:D
  • sheepiefarmsheepiefarm Posts: 27,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    star89 wrote: »
    It was the same Victoria that we have now that saw all that Collie ;):p

Nope - it was the previous young actress who played Victoria who witnessed the Katie & Robert shenanigans.
    Katie "vowed" her to secrecy - but it traumatised her so much she began talking to a wooden doll and everyone thought she had gone bonkers - that's when she got sent to stay with granny Sugden in Spain, and came back with a new head.
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - it was the previous young actress who played Victoria who witnessed the Katie & Robert shenanigans.
    Katie "vowed" her to secrecy - but it traumatised her so much she began talking to a wooden doll and everyone thought she had gone bonkers - that's when she got sent to stay with granny Sugden in Spain, and came back with a new head.

I was talking about the battering of Jo ;) Maybe I should of bolded the battering of Jo part too :o Apologies :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was talking about the battering of Jo ;) Maybe I should of bolded the battering of Jo part too :o Apologies :)

Yes, I know you were - but Collie wasn't :)
  • CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I know you were - but Collie wasn't :)

Oops, sorry Star, I've just re read that and realised the way I've worded it is wrong and confusing. By 'seeing them' it wasn't Andy hitting Joe I meant, it was Robert and Katie in bed together. Victoria went a bit crazy and got sent to Spain:D
  • Telly_FanTelly_Fan Posts: 805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually Victoria went through that trauma in 2002, but didn't change her head until 2006

I am somewhat disappointed that the Macey's part in Gennie's fate still hasn't been explored. You had Andy saying how it was a good thing that she reported it as Granny Moss got to bury her grandson, but didn't add anything about "shame you didn't do it earlier". OK, even if the thought had occurred to him he probably wouldn't have unduly upset her, but having spent three months away from the village Katie must have worked this out for herself - so why didn't she bring it up with Declan? He was doing his 'poor me' "you've lost me millions" thing, and all she had to say was that she wanted the body to get a proper burial.

That's all well and good Katie, but by keeping a murder victim from the police, you allowed the murderer to run amok and have time to claim another victim - your friend Gennie. You didn't know there was a murderer on the loose but nonetheless Katie, yours and Declans (and Megan's and the site workers') actions enabled the perpetrator to continue perpetrating. Your failure to recognise this - and seemingly the failure of the people inside your head who write your thoughts to recognise it too - infuriates me!

It was an interesting opportunity for some good reflective drama that has been missed and I'm guessing now is unlikely to be explored. Disappointing.

On a positive note, I loved this exchange: "You're not moving in" "Absolutely correct - except for the 'not' bit" :D There was another bit that made me laugh, I think it was with Cain and Ross but I don't remember what it was now :o , though I did like Cain keep aggravating Ross's injury lol.

I'm also annoyed with Gemma putting off Alicia telling Jacob the truth. This is how she could have initiated the conversation: "Jakey love, you know how tonight we've been dressed up like mummy's? Well actually I've been pretending to be a mummy all your life..." :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Telly_Fan wrote: »
    There was another bit that made me laugh, I think it was with Cain and Ross but I don't remember what it was now :o

Well I was half right (something on one of the other threads reminded me). It was when Cain said that he'd taken all Moira's comments on board, and then ignored them. :D I could tell he was going to end the line like that, but it was still a great delivery and made me laugh! Generally it was a great pair of episodes, except for that lack of contemplative 'we should have done something earlier' stuff.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dear god please tell me Katie is not staying :(:( there is no story for her other than sniffing round Andy and winding up Declan .... do me a favour Katie get on the bus to Hotton and don't ever come back :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole line in the spoilers about Katie returning to the Dales looking ravishing seemed a bit OTT. She was in a black dress, whoopdedoo! It's not like she was all glammed up. She was at a funeral.

Declan deserves his comeuppance. Katie shouldn't have delayed in telling the police what they found, but I guess she made a mistake by being swayed by Declan. He had made out like he was going to do it, but Megan always seemed to coax him out of it. Megan is like some sort of bad smell that doesn't go away. Did you see last night's episode, when Declan had had enough and gave her a dressing down as she spoke up in front of Cain? Yeah, he was throwing his toys out the pram...

One thing I noticed in the credits last night. She's down as Addyman, but before Declan, she was still down as Sugden, and when she left the Dales, she was still Macey? When were they divorced? Not sure the writers have thought this out...

As for Katie staying, yes she is.
    Emmerdale's Katie Macey is going to have a new man on her arm. Emmerdale boss Kate Oakes says Katie, played by Sammy Winward, will be stronger than ever after her time away. And she is going to make Declan pay for what he's done. Kate told Soapsquawk: She hasn't gone far, and she'll annoy Declan when he's back. She's definitely got an edge to her, her experience with Declan has hardened her, but she's still got this girl next door feel. However, she's learned some tough lessons with everything that's happened with Declan, and she's going to make him pay for his mistakes. She's also got a new relationship on the cards, which will add a new dimension to her relationship with Declan.
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops, sorry Star, I've just re read that and realised the way I've worded it is wrong and confusing. By 'seeing them' it wasn't Andy hitting Joe I meant, it was Robert and Katie in bed together. Victoria went a bit crazy and got sent to Spain:D

No it was my fault I should of bolded the battering of Jo part as well, to make it clear which part I was replying too :)
    I'm so glad they changed the actress I hated the first Victoria :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britgirl wrote: »
    The whole line in the spoilers about Katie returning to the Dales looking ravishing seemed a bit OTT. She was in a black dress, whoopdedoo! It's not like she was all glammed up. She was at a funeral.

atie shouldn't have delayed in telling the police what they found, but I guess she made a mistake by being swayed by Declan. He had made out like he was going to do it, but Megan always seemed to coax him out of it. Megan is like some sort of bad smell that doesn't go away. Did you see last night's episode, when Declan had had enough and gave her a dressing down as she spoke up in front of Cain? Yeah, he was throwing his toys out the pram...

One thing I noticed in the credits last night. She's down as Addyman, but before Declan, she was still down as Sugden, and when she left the Dales, she was still Macey? When were they divorced? Not sure the writers have thought this out...

As for Katie staying, yes she is.
    Emmerdale's Katie Macey is going to have a new man on her arm. Emmerdale boss Kate Oakes says Katie, played by Sammy Winward, will be stronger than ever after her time away. And she is going to make Declan pay for what he's done. Kate told Soapsquawk: She hasn't gone far, and she'll annoy Declan when he's back. She's definitely got an edge to her, her experience with Declan has hardened her, but she's still got this girl next door feel. However, she's learned some tough lessons with everything that's happened with Declan, and she's going to make him pay for his mistakes. She's also got a new relationship on the cards, which will add a new dimension to her relationship with Declan.

He already had his comeuppance. He's broke and his wife left him. If someone needs a comeuppance it's Debbie who has blood on her hand and was an accessory to murder.

The only reason she didn't report Declan to the police is because she loves money more than Justice. She's a proper gold-digger. Also it must be great to be Katie. No need to take any responsibility for her own decisions and choices as everything is always Declan's fault.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so glad they changed the actress I hated the first Victoria :o

Yeah Jessica Heywood (94 - 96) couldn't act for toffee! :p

I didn't mind Hannah Midgley and her cute little face myself :), though in the long run it was probably a good thing that she was changed. Isabel Hodgins is doing a great job! :cool:
  • bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Katie was so intent on reporting Declan to the police, why didn't she wait until the festival was over. Then the police could have dug things up. Declan wouldn't be so broke. He would have had more money to give her. It seems she only wanted to ruin Declan because he slept with Charity. IMO she has cut of nose to spite her face. Now she has come back for money. In all that she did she ruined a lot of people's lives. Moira having to worry about paying off Declan. Some of the houses being sold. Declan being so nasty to everyone. I feel sorry for Declan and this is from someone who is not the character's greatest fan.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    He already had his comeuppance. He's broke and his wife left him. If someone needs a comeuppance it's Debbie who has blood on her hand and was an accessory to murder.

The only reason she didn't report Declan to the police is because she loves money more than Justice. She's a proper gold-digger. Also it must be great to be Katie. No need to take any responsibility for her own decisions and choices as everything is always Declan's fault.

Accessory, are you having a laugh? If she was an accessory she'd have said "you go down and finish her off, but you'd better get on with it quickly cos I'm gonna have to phone for an ambulance - if someone comes along they'll find it suspicious that they haven't been called out".

What actually happened was that Cameron made an independent decision to kill her, against Debbie's knowledge or even wishes. Indeed as we were reminded earlier on this thread, Debbie even tried CPR when she discovered Gennie had died. That's not an accessory to murder!

Debbie's had a form of comeuppance in terms of having to live with him while acquiring evidence and then being held hostage twice, as has already been discussed. Yes, Declan too has had a comeuppance, but unlike Debbie has shown no evidence of guilt or remorse.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Katie was so intent on reporting Declan to the police, why didn't she wait until the festival was over. Then the police could have dug things up. Declan wouldn't be so broke. He would have had more money to give her. It seems she only wanted to ruin Declan because he slept with Charity. IMO she has cut of nose to spite her face. Now she has come back for money. In all that she did she ruined a lot of people's lives. Moira having to worry about paying off Declan. Some of the houses being sold. Declan being so nasty to everyone. I feel sorry for Declan and this is from someone who is not the character's greatest fan.
    I think there was a bit of that, but she had also made her mind up to do it - if she had delayed she might have wavered and lost the courage or begun to feel sorry for him. Sometimes once you've made your mind up, you have to do something straight away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Katie was so intent on reporting Declan to the police, why didn't she wait until the festival was over.

Cos she felt guilty - Gennie's death brought home to her how wrong it was that the deceased's family hadn't had a chance to bury their loved one.

Besides as I have explained, the way events panned out it is clear it should have been done sooner, not later. If the body had gone unreported and Gennie hadn't had the Dictaphone on her, there could easily have been a 4th victim. Possibly herself if Cameron had got wind of the fact that she knew about the body and was thinking of reporting it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there was a bit of that, but she had also made her mind up to do it - if she had delayed she might have wavered and lost the courage or begun to feel sorry for him. Sometimes once you've made your mind up, you have to do something straight away.

Yes there is that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos she felt guilty - Gennie's death brought home to her how wrong it was that the deceased's family hadn't had a chance to bury their loved one.

Besides as I have explained, the way events panned out it is clear it should have been done sooner, not later. If the body had gone unreported and Gennie hadn't had the Dictaphone on her, there could easily have been a 4th victim. Possibly herself if Cameron had got wind of the fact that she knew about the body and was thinking of reporting it.

I am sure she reported him before Gennie death:confused:. But she didn't feel so guilty about Moira losing her farm because Declan was so broke. And yet she was using the farm to keep her horses. She was happy to make the horses homeless. IMO she just wanted her own back on Declan for sleeping with Charity.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Accessory, are you having a laugh? If she was an accessory she'd have said "you go down and finish her off, but you'd better get on with it quickly cos I'm gonna have to phone for an ambulance - if someone comes along they'll find it suspicious that they haven't been called out".

What actually happened was that Cameron made an independent decision to kill her, against Debbie's knowledge or even wishes. Indeed as we were reminded earlier on this thread, Debbie even tried CPR when she discovered Gennie had died. That's not an accessory to murder!

Debbie's had a form of comeuppance in terms of having to live with him while acquiring evidence and then being held hostage twice, as has already been discussed. Yes, Declan too has had a comeuppance, but unlike Debbie has shown no evidence of guilt or remorse.

Yes she is an accessory after the fact to Carl's murder. She actively obstructed justice in order to protect a murderer.

Since when is being held hostage a comeuppance? Many other villagers were held hostage too, she wasn't the only hostage. Alicia was even shot. Chas was also held hostage and twice and once by Debbie btw. IMO when Debbie kidnapped Chas it was a lot more violent than both Cameron hostage situations.

Sorry I'll never agree that having to live with it is comeuppance for ending someone's life. Actually Moira got more stick from the villager for letting Ross stay at the farm than Debbie's had for protecting a murderer and hounding a young woman and making a baby motherless.

I am sure she'll live just fine with it. In her new house, with her kids and all the poisoned vodka money. While Brenda can go and visit her daughter at the cemetery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissLola wrote: »
    Yes she is an accessory after the fact to Carl's murder. She actively obstructed the justice in order to protect a murderer.

Ah, well there is that lol.
    I am sure she reported him before Gennie death:confused:.

No, in fact it was over two weeks later, but Gennie's death had been praying on her mind. If it was revenge for Charity I'm sure she'd have done it sooner - she found out about that a month before Gennie died so I don't think that had much bearing on her decision.
  • ScreamingTree<3ScreamingTree<3 Posts: 4,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is she back, she is pointless and Emmerdale was much better with her gone. Please send her away and cast new characters that aren't as pointless as her.
    Katie shouldn't have returned.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is Katie doing demanding cash from Declan :confused::confused: she was married to him for about five minutes! I'm confused why she expects cash from him. What money did she bring to the marriage? Did she give up a well paid job to be by his side? Is she the mother of his children? No, no and no so she would get out of the marriage what she brought to it..... nothing:D have a bit of dignity and walk away Katie :mad:

Also any lawyer will tell you not to leave the marital home when you seperate as once you do you can not just walk back in!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What exactly is Katie doing demanding cash from Declan :confused::confused: she was married to him for about five minutes! I'm confused why she expects cash from him. What money did she bring to the marriage? Did she give up a well paid job to be by his side? Is she the mother of his children? No, no and no so she would get out of the marriage what she brought to it..... nothing:D have a bit of dignity and walk away Katie :mad:
    Dignity doesn't pay the bills or give you a bed to sleep in :D
    Also any lawyer will tell you not to leave the marital home when you seperate as once you do you can not just walk back in!
    With her husband "encouraging" her to break the law by the concealment of a dead body being found - I reckon her lawyer could get round it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she's a gold digger. Didn't she tell Adam yesterday (and Andy before she left) that she didn't want to ask anythin of him???

But yes now she has to as Adam made her face up to other suffering now because of Declan, so now this makes her think she does need money.

She hasn't paid for the horses as she had no money. She didn't nick any cash before leaving and mail a cheque to the Barton's did she?

Megan is annoying! Calling Katie a cow and a grass! Yes she did grass him up as Declan and Megan had no qualms about leaving a dead body in the ground. Yes she should have spoken up sooner, but like I said, Declan made her think he was going to go to the police, but Megan always stuck her oar in and convinced him otherwise, so again he lied to katie.

Declan does need some sort of comeuppance. His wife never got over him sleeping with Charity. He wasn't exactly amazing to her before she fell down the mineshaft last year.

And they've been married more than five minutes. They've been married a year lol