Options

The Desperation of Sinitta (18)

124»

Comments

• Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The baby thing is what confuses me, and it's where I cut Sinitta the most slack as it's clear there are issues there.

See, she said she was devastated that she aborted Simon's baby but then she amended it to she was devastated because she had to have an abortion as she could never carry a child to full term.

But fast forward many years to her stint on dancing on ice, she said she was delighted to be pregnant, after four attempts at IVF - why would you be delighted to be pregnant if you knew you could never carry a child and why would you have four rounds of expensive IVF? It doesn't make much sense.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sinitta-im-going-to-be-a-new-mum-202912

Snit ended up adopting two lovely kids with her husband who promptly upped sticks to Asia, so it can't have been easy for her. So when Simon appears (appears!) to be in a happy loving relationship with Sinitta Mk8 (he certainly has a type) who is pregnant she must have been pretty peeved, being his longest of long term hangers-on and who had aborted his child - and possibly not for medical reasons as the PR machine pumped out.

I do like Sinitta really. She's desperate, absolutely no doubt about it and she's stretched her 15 minutes of fame out to the point you can see straight through it but she is harmless and a bit potty - but whether Simon is partially responsible for the pottiness, is debatable.

How old IS she claiming to be -- has she had a 50th party? It seems daft not to celebrate something like that - especially as it's an excuse to wear 50 liquorice allsorts or a dress made out of balloons or something ;)
  • Options
    DoggyphantDoggyphant Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    The baby thing is what confuses me, and it's where I cut Sinitta the most slack as it's clear there are issues there.

See, she said she was devastated that she aborted Simon's baby but then she amended it to she was devastated because she had to have an abortion as she could never carry a child to full term.

But fast forward many years to her stint on dancing on ice, she said she was delighted to be pregnant, after four attempts at IVF - why would you be delighted to be pregnant if you knew you could never carry a child and why would you have four rounds of expensive IVF? It doesn't make much sense.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/sinitta-im-going-to-be-a-new-mum-202912

Snit ended up adopting two lovely kids with her husband who promptly upped sticks to Asia, so it can't have been easy for her. So when Simon appears (appears!) to be in a happy loving relationship with Sinitta Mk8 (he certainly has a type) who is pregnant she must have been pretty peeved, being his longest of long term hangers-on and who had aborted his child - and possibly not for medical reasons as the PR machine pumped out.

I do like Sinitta really. She's desperate, absolutely no doubt about it and she's stretched her 15 minutes of fame out to the point you can see straight through it but she is harmless and a bit potty - but whether Simon is partially responsible for the pottiness, is debatable.

How old IS she claiming to be -- has she had a 50th party? It seems daft not to celebrate something like that - especially as it's an excuse to wear 50 liquorice allsorts or a dress made out of balloons or something ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the reports she says she had an abortion and Simon stood by her. She doesn't say explicitly that it was his baby, some of the newspaper reports do, but she doesn't. Sinitta and Simon have been best friends for thirty years so it wouldn't be a lie for her to say that he was supportive when she had the abortion, even if it wasn't his child. Of course it's a better story if you assume it is his.

When Simon and Sinitta were supposedly boyfriend and girlfriend did anyone know that they were anything more than friends? I thought it was only revealed after he'd been on Pop Idol as he'd had no known long-term girlfriends before then.

Going slightly off-topic: when Simon took the Pop Idol job in 2001 he hired Max Clifford for PR and protection (as Clifford puts it). At the same time Louis Theroux was following Clifford for a documentary. In the documentary Theroux says "I had always thought Simon was gay. And yet they're talking about kiss-and-tells with women. Is he gay?". Later in a Radio 5 interview Theroux alleged (he actually stated quite matter-of-factly) that Clifford had put fake kiss-and-tells in the papers about Simon. If you see a list of Simon's conquests in the papers they usually still include Max's "fake"

In 2002 Ruby Wax interviewed Simon on her talk show. Ruby said that she had been surprised by the kiss-and-tells in the newspapers because she had met him socially before Pop Idol and at that time had understood him to be gay. Simon seemed a little lost for words but said that he was happy with the kiss-and-tells.

When Tom Bower wrote his biography of Simon, he was more interested in the feud between Cowell and Simon Fuller and seems to have been happy to write whatever Cowell wanted when it came to his private life. That book says that Cowell acted gay in the 1980s and 1990s as he thought that would get him ahead in the industry.

So I'm really sceptical about the whole Simon/Sinitta relationship. I believe they're best friends and she's done him a favour by pretending that they were secret lovers for two decades.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting post. I am sure however that she said it was his baby she aborted.

Whether it's true or not is another matter of course. If it's not true, that's sadder, in a way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting post. I am sure however that she said it was his baby she aborted.

Whether it's true or not is another matter of course. If it's not true, that's sadder, in a way.

I've googled a few articles, ignored what the journalists have added and just looked at the quotes, for example:

“It was a long time ago when we were both young. Simon was very concerned and by my side. It was upsetting and it was something very difficult that we dealt with together. It’s such a heartbreaking thing to go through. It was devastating for both of us.”

It could be doublespeak. From the quote most would assume that he was the father (and she's happy for the public to believe that) but the quote would also be true if he was a supportive best friend and she was pregnant by someone else (David Essex? Sam Connery?). I think she chooses her words quite carefully. When she was in the jungle she dodged questions about him too.

It's similar to the interview where "Paula Hamilton claimed to have lost her virginity to Simon Cowell". She actually talks of losing her virginity to "a boy called Simon" and then talks of knowing Simon Cowell as a teen. From what she says she could have lost her virginity to a different Simon but making "a boy called Simon" and Cowell one and the same makes a better story, gives her another claim to fame and reinforces his heterosexuality.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gail force wrote: »
    Heard she is in Brooklyn Beckham's class at school.

He's her Sugar Daddy! :D
  • Options
    MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't I read on this very forum that she admitted she'd never actually had sex with Cowell??
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She thrives like a cockroach
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Microkorg wrote: »
    Didn't I read on this very forum that she admitted she'd never actually had sex with Cowell??

I read somewhere on here that she initially denied that she and Simon were anything more than friends. I think the relationship was first revealed after he became famous on Pop Idol.

The details of the relationship seem quite vague. I believe the official version now is that it was a twenty year on-off relationship with an engagement at some point (heaven knows when) that didn't go anywhere because he kept cheating on her with strippers or something.

Of course this could all be made up. Raymond Burr the actor who played Perry Mason and Ironside invented a past with two dead wives and a dead son to hide his homosexuality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha, cheating on Snit (16) with strippers.. paint strippers, maybe! He strikes me as asexual, if he was a pudding, he'd eat himself.

Anyway back to our Lady - any clues on what she might wear for little Eric's Christening? I was thinking something demure and befitting of a religious ceremony - say a pregnant nun fancy dress costume for the Church bit, and something a bit more 'let your hair down' for the party (where surely Eric will have gone to bed anyway leaving the next youngest (Snit) to take her rightful place as centre of attention). Maybe a flamenco outfit modelled on Simon's mum's loo roll cover?
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Would that be female strippers? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Would that be female strippers? ;-)

According to Louis Theroux at the same time that Simon hired Max Clifford, Clifford also represented the Spearmint Rhino lapdancing clubs. When arranging the kiss-and-tell for Simon he used a Spearmint Rhino dancer so he could promote the club at the same time as providing Simon with hetero credentials.

I believe when Sinitta came up with her romantic backstory she used strippers as Max had already established that that was Simon's type. Funnily the public now thinks Simon does have a type thanks to Sinnitta, Terri, Mezhgan & Lauren which is miles away from the blonde Max set him up with.