Options

E! Network Discussion.

tim18tim18 Posts: 737
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi guys, was wondering what are your thoughts on the E! Network. I find it fascinating that a channel lacks so much direction and are constantly relying on kardashians which have a new series coming on, another kourtney and khloe spin off and dash dolla following their employees.

Total divas has been a success, while trash like rich kids of beverly hills have got renewed and with chelsea lately ending this year the channel is losing one of its main staples. E news in my opinion is a great celebrity news show, pretty big budget.

What every happened to E! THS (true hollywood story), it used to be a fantastic documentary series, but for some reason they have stopped doing it.

Although apparently they are working on two big budget dramas The Royals starring elizabeth hurley and songbyrd which stares rummer willis.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to be glued to E entertainment but that when i was in my Obsession of Celebs phase, but i grew out of it in high school

I love their hollywood true stories but they seem rare now

Interested in seeing Royals with Liz Hurly. It will either be a guilty pleasure that hooks me or will be one of the worst shows to have been made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember the girls next door. That used to be so popular
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    I like Fashion Police, Chelsea Lately, Hello Ross and the Kardashian set of shows are a guilty pleasure. I'm sad Lately is finishing, but hopefully 'Hello Ross' gets moved into the late night slot or even move Ross Matthews onto Lately full time if Chelsea would continue to produce it. I like Ross as a host but I prefer the Lately format.

They are way to reliant on the Kardashian brand and when those shows end, I think they will have difficulty in finding a replacement with the same ratings. Total Divas has been really quite successful in both seasons, regularly being the only E! show making the Top 100 cable shows on Sunday nights.

I think E! could have a really good UK version though, with UK versions of US shows such as Fashion Police, Lately. The UK schedule is pitiful at times.
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    I am interested in checking out The Royals when it starts. That will be the first time I have any interest at all in something on E (exclamation point).
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Soup is the only show I will ever watch from that trash channel.
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch The Soup but I've found it went off the boil. All I watch now is Fashion Police. I don't care for the fashions, I just watch it for the crass humour of Miss Joan and the equally hilarious reaction by Kelly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to watch The Soup but I've found it went off the boil. All I watch now is Fashion Police. I don't care for the fashions, I just watch it for the crass humour of Miss Joan and the equally hilarious reaction by Kelly.

I think fashion police is one of the most hilarious shows on tv. Joan rivers is really funny. She should have a sitcom. It would do great.

Why hasnt the uk E! Got toal divas?

and who even watches guiliana and bill? Its so boring.

The soup has run its course sadly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently the royals stars william moseley too from the narnia films. He is so posh lol, he would be perfect.
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I always use E! as my background noise channel when I'm on my laptop and don't want music. The shows are good enough to keep you interested but theyre not the type of shows that I feel I need to follow or listen to every word.

I do love E! News especially though. Demi Lovato's documentary thing was my favourite thing that they've shown Imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like e news.

Hello ross is pretty funny and i think has the potential to replace chelsea lately
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Guiliana as she seemed really nice and genuine, but then she became a reality star and she has pretty much sold every part of her life to not only a tv show but to all the gossip magazines in the states. We didn't need to know the ins and outs of her cancer and her trouble to have children, but she milked it and made tons of money out of it. She's no worse than Katie Price, Kerry Katona and The Kardashians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Guiliana as she seemed really nice and genuine, but then she became a reality star and she has pretty much sold every part of her life to not only a tv show but to all the gossip magazines in the states. We didn't need to know the ins and outs of her cancer and her trouble to have children, but she milked it and made tons of money out of it. She's no worse than Katie Price, Kerry Katona and The Kardashians.

I know! Bill is cute though.

Why do they show live at the red carpet and then not the award show in the uk.
    And why are ferne and dermot part of uk red carpet hosts? Dont they make enough money?
  • Options
    PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E! doesn't show the awards telecasts in the US either. They have sometimes 4 to 5 hours of pre-show and red carpet coverage, then the ceremonies are on ABC, or NBC.

To the original question, the whole network is devoted to celebrity news, gossip, and hollywood promotion, then at the bottom of the list reality TV, and original programming, they've never really had a "direction." I can't imagine that they aren't profitable though, or at least a handy way for free widespread promotion for Universal and NBCUniversal at-large, if not the other studios too. Ryan Seacrest basically runs the place, and everything he does makes money hand over fist, if history is any indication.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What sort of rating do e! shows get in the usa?
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kathy Griffin has been announced as the new host of Fashion Police when it returns January 25.

Kelly and Guiliana as also returning, but George is not. Brad Goreski is to take the 'stylists' spot.
  • Options
    Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,992
    Forum Member
    I'm glad Kathy is the new host. She seems like a natural progression from Joan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Joan would approve. I like to think she is sitting on a cloud with a glass of champagne and raising a toast to Kathy.