Walker's Pops crisps are just like

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
Forum Member
Quavers , but round like crisps :D

Comments

• Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? I thought they were a completely different texture to Quavers and they have a very weak flavour and weird aftertaste, not nice at all. Most "healthy" crisps are rubbish to be honest, thankfully I don't need to watch what I'm eating so full fat, full taste crisps for me!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like Quavers, i like the Prawn cocktail version, but not the others.

i would not call them healthy to be honest, just maybe healthier than normal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    each to their own i think they are..i have the original flavour anyway
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I used to like quavers - but theyre expensive and you dont get many in a pack :confused:
    They used to do a salt and vinegar flavour of quavers, what happened to them?
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Really? I thought they were a completely different texture to Quavers and they have a very weak flavour and weird aftertaste, not nice at all. Most "healthy" crisps are rubbish to be honest, thankfully I don't need to watch what I'm eating so full fat, full taste crisps for me!
    I thought they were more like Roysters but not as nice.

I've only tried the sour cream. I agree about the funny aftertaste and also strange texture.
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I used to like quavers - but theyre expensive and you dont get many in a pack :confused:

I remember them, I used to think they was ok.
    Smiths snaps are what I like the spicy tomato flavour ones. In fact I think they are the only use left
  • Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure they still do salt and vinegar in a multi-pack with regular and prawn cocktail at my local Tesco.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I thought they were more like Roysters but not as nice.

I've only tried the sour cream. I agree about the funny aftertaste and also strange texture.

Talking of Roysters, the Philleas Fogg ones that are Roysters-style are very good. The cream cheese and jalapeno and BBQ ones especially.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The plain Pops have a really weird taste!
  • DevoidDroidDevoidDroid Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    I thought they were more like rice cakes / snack a jacks.
  • cbe21okcbe21ok Posts: 3,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I had forgotten about the s&v flavour (quite tangy they were if i recall) but i do remember the tomato sauce flavour. Its been years since i have seen either.
    Im into bbq beef hula hoops at the minute, also bbq mini cheddars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,028
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their trying to be like these. But they don't even come close.
    http://www.popchips.co.uk/