Rihanna's New Single - You Da One [Full]

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 477
Forum Member
[news]Rihanna debuts new 'Talk That Talk' single 'You Da One' - listen[/news]
Rihanna has unlocked the second single from upcoming album 'Talk That Talk'

Listen here or here

(Both links are running slow due to heavy traffic, have patience).

Thoughts?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woeful Sure To Be No.1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not keen on it... I prefer We Found Love. Might be a grower but not as instant as WFL.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    It's not absolutely dire, but it's by no means good, not even mediocre.It's just really forgettable and far from notable.Noone will remember it after her 3rd single is released...At least WFL had something going on (the beat) to make it memorable.This on the other hand...It's probably her weakest 2nd single to date :( I just hope the album will sound nothing like that... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie, it's not my favourite song she's ever done. I wasn't majorly fond of We Found Love on a first listen either though and now I love it so maybe this is a grower too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it.

RIhanna is Bob Marley on steroids here :cool:

I like the island beats and dancey lite vibe it has....like it as much as WFL which i like very much ;)

TTT should be a very very EPIC soundin album indeed :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's OK. Like someone said, it could be a grower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definitely a grower, I wasn't a fan when I first heard it but I love it now. It's really catchy!

There are some stronger tracks on the album though judging by the snippets, 'Where Have You Been' sounds amazing, that has to be a single.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love it. It's like What's My Name Part II with extra Island flavour and a sprinkle of Dubstep for good measure :D
  • johnboybetterjohnboybetter Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like it, she knows what she is doing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love this, another smash for Rih :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I absolutely love it, this woman is smashing it at the moment!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on the first listen so my opinion could change but it isn't instant and sounds more like an Album track than a single. I am not sure. I'll give it a few more listens.

She co-wrote this herself so it's great she is doing a bit more writing.
  • adamo8adamo8 Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    When i heard the preview i didnt think it was going to be too good.

but after hearing it in real i love it! i think i would like any song she releases.

but as a person i seem to be losing the rihanna love.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought she just released a single lol ...i dont like it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Replayed it and love it more than i did now! I love those Island beats very much! It FEELs like a tune only Riri could do and pull off!

For this time of year it offers a very summery vibe needed!

We Found Love - 3.5 out of 5
    You Da One - 4 out of 5 :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love this, it seems my opinion seems to contrast with the majority this era. I much prefer You Da One over We Found Love and I think the album sampler sounds like her best to date (possibly on par with Rated R).
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmm..it's nice enough but it doesn't pack a punch like a single should do. Kind of reminds me of a J.Lo album track circa. 2004
  • MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    Definitely a grower. I know I am going to end up loving it.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,790
    Forum Member
    I felt like I knew all the lyrics after just once listen, never a good thing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »
    I felt like I knew all the lyrics after just once listen, never a good thing.

I know when it premiered on Radio 1 i was singing along by second chorus!! I think it will be such a hit it is different to previous hits of hers....Kinda has vibes of ehr debut material....meets a Loud vibe perhaps is best to describe it....but its different to that too you know? :cool:
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've replayed this song about a thousand times now...I actually have never hated a Rihanna single...she just keeps on getting better and better...and Ester is so talented...I love their partnership...:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It's ok.

Who's bright idea was it to release this when the lead single is #1 in both of her biggest markets?

She should be riding WFL for at least another month, especially considering it's a stronger single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's ok.

Who's bright idea was it to release this when the lead single is #1 in both of her biggest markets?

She should be riding WFL for at least another month, especially considering it's a stronger single.

Fact is WFL has peaked already....number 1 in her target markets is impressive considering little promotion for it really.

But thats done now...You Da One will start its round next week :) and i love it when you have a lead single and second before the album drops....makes waiting less painful! I think it should be a trend definitely!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Fact is WFL has peaked already....number 1 in her target markets is impressive considering little promotion for it really.

But thats done now...You Da One will start its round next week :) and i love it when you have a lead single and second before the album drops....makes waiting less painful! I think it should be a trend definitely!

It hasn't peaked, it's currently at it's peak.

The life of a single shouldn't purely be about getting to #1 then move on to the next one once that's achieved. WFL is clearly still massively popular and they should be riding it out. Longevity >>>

Releasing a new single at this point has its risks. It could underperform it's potential if people aren't done with WFL yet (which they clearly aren't), or it could cut WFL's reign shorter than it would have had otherwise as people move on to YDO.

I just don't see why it's necessary to jump the gun with it, unless they did it to increase her album debut sales and think having another single would help?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hasn't peaked, it's currently at it's peak.

The life of a single shouldn't purely be about getting to #1 then move on to the next one once that's achieved. WFL is clearly still massively popular and they should be riding it out. Longevity >>>

Releasing a new single at this point has its risks. It could underperform it's potential if people aren't done with WFL yet (which they clearly aren't), or it could cut WFL's reign shorter than it would have had otherwise as people move on to YDO.

I just don't see why it's necessary to jump the gun with it, unless they did it to increase her album debut sales and think having another single would help?

Not necessarily...WFL has been off the top spot here for two weeks...soon three....and if it isnt until next week it is officially released then WFL has been out for 8 weeks by that point!

And like last time she will secure another smash hit with it and WFL will also continue selling too...its a risk yes but it will work.

Also i like more flavour added to the chart! The Island beats will mark a change from the Calvin CLub stuff too you know? I think its important....also Stateside she has had two weeks on top....three this week methinks....so why not just change it up with her enxt single....its all part of her album campaign of promo anyway so....if you got it go for it is what i say! :cool:

It will also help the album show itself off to listeners and fans established too!