Options

Is there a way Warren could return to HO?

sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the dissapointing news that Jamie Lomax will not be having his contract extended in EE, and having failed to get work in America, i was wonder where the actor goes from here?

It's unlikely he'll ever front a major tv drama, so he'll probably be looking for any bit-part work he can get.
So, what about another return to the place he works best, which is, of course, Hollyoaks!

We know in the 'real world' he wouldn't be let out of prison for many years, but in soapland a bit of creative writing can get characters out all kinds of impossible situations, so why not for Warren?

Comments

• Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They brought him back from the dead so anything is possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is he in for again?
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is he in for again?

Killing Louise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is he in for again?

The murder of Louise.
  • Options
    EELoverEELover Posts: 1,146
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only realistic way I could see him released is an acquittal which would involve an unrealistic scenario either have to be Louise not being dead (despite a body being found - hey they did it with Warren) or somehow new evidence coming to light showing he didn't kill her. Either that or a prision break... I think I've stumbled way out of the realm of realism here haven't I?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoanneK wrote: »
    Killing Louise.
    The murder of Louise.

ahh yea I remember now. Thank you both.

Didn't she want to shoot him first before he found the gun and emptied it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, she was planning to shoot him.

Seeing that we never actually saw him kill her, i think they should have left it at that! That would have left it much easier to bring back both Warren and Louise,
    A Warren and Louise return would be fantastic!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seeing that we never actually saw him kill her, i think they should have left it at that! That would have left it much easier to bring back both Warren and Louise,

So its basically lined up as could of been self defence on his side of things.
  • Options
    grazemytvaddictgrazemytvaddict Posts: 4,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Louise was supposed to return but a roxanne McKee changed her mind so they brought back Claire Devine but I'm not quite sure.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep, I remember there was something about her being in a laundry bin in the hotel. :D

But apparently Roxanne says she filmed an extra scene which showed Louise alive just in case the producers wanted to use it.

Then they planned to bring her back for Warren's exit, but the actress said no so they asked Gemma Bissix back instead.

Then in 2012 they decided to make it so that she did die.
  • Options
    StarryNightStarryNight Posts: 7,289
    Forum Member
    I think Jamie said he wouldn't ever return when someone asked him about it a while ago on twitter but he might reconsider now that he's leaving Eastenders. That isn't a criticism, he's entitled to change his mind.

To be fair, if Warren appealed and the jury had reasonable doubt in light of new 'evidence' or something then, theoretically, Warren could return. I don't remember him confessing to it - just getting haulled away by the police. So if there is no record of him confessing and he's always pleaded guilty then it would be a plausibility, however slim.
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love for Warren Fox to return. Still is my favourite Hollyoaks character. He was wasted on EastEnders like a lot of actors these days and treated like some C-List cast member, so time to return home where he belongs methinks.

Also, another reason to have him back is so he can get rid of those plastic gangsters, Trevor, Grace and Fraser. Warren would tear them apart on his own. Come on, Kirkwood. Make it happen.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always thought there should have been some reference to Warren when Brendan got sent down. Either a fleeting appearance in the prison wing or just seeing Brendan run into him... 'Foxy :eek:'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well yes - exactly this - we never saw it happen so Louise may not be dead.

So both Warren and Louise could (supposedly) return together at some point.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »
    I'd love for Warren Fox to return. Still is my favourite Hollyoaks character. He was wasted on EastEnders like a lot of actors these days and treated like some C-List cast member, so time to return home where he belongs methinks.

Also, another reason to have him back is so he can get rid of those plastic gangsters, Trevor, Grace and Fraser. Warren would tear them apart on his own. Come on, Kirkwood. Make it happen.

Ugh, he'd probably ruin him!
  • Options
    T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh, he'd probably ruin him!

Ha, true. I wouldn't trust Kirkwood right now with anything. Especially after the way he nonchalantly killed off Clare Devine :o.
    However, he did do a great job with Warren the first time round and created the character. So there's always a chance he will do well with him if he returned. I'm be just glad to have Warren back.

To be fair though, Warren was already kind of ruined a bit in his last stint with that ridiculous plotline where they said he had a long-lost son (Joel) out of the blue. Kirkwood would have to work hard to do worse than that.
  • Options
    fairyfruitcakefairyfruitcake Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh In do hope not - the show has got too many bad actors already without bringing back another
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say bring him and Justin Burton back!
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Jamie Lomax is currently doing PAs at low market night clubs.
    So yes. I fully expect a Warren return
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T.K. Mazin wrote: »

This!

Warren/Jamie wasn't give a fair crack at making it in EE!>:(
    If he'd been given a year in the square interacting with other characters but failed to make an impact, then fair enough, it would have been reasonable to axe him. But he was simply never given that chance and that is unfair on the actor!>:(
  • Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    Oh In do hope not - the show has got too many bad actors already without bringing back another

OK so he's not brilliant. That said his character is streets ahead, hell suburbs ahead of Fraser & Grace :D
  • Options
    HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Jamie Lomax is currently doing PAs at low market night clubs.
    So yes. I fully expect a Warren return

All soap stars do those though regardless of their current work status.

Warren will definitely be back at some point. Huge character and the producers won't let a thing like a murder charge get in the way of a story.

As for not getting work in America, that's the kind of career move you need to put some dedication into. That's why people like Guy Burnet and Matthew Marsden moved out their permanently. Certainly doesn't mean he failed.