Options

Ross Burden - chef - has died...

Utopian GirlUtopian Girl Posts: 8,275
Forum Member
...known for Masterchef etc - NZ born I believe has died!:( aged 44/45. Very sad.

Comments

• Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,944
    Forum Member
    Wow, I remember him from Ready Steady Cook. No age to go.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an existing thread from last week :

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1988592
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, I remember him from Ready Steady Cook. No age to go.

Me too!

I believe he died on the 17 th July? Great guy - hard to believe, frightening really how fragile we all are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There is an existing thread from last week :

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1988592

Apologies for a repeat thread - only read the news just now.:blush:

I knew I'd be in the wrong/ late posting.:blush: I can't do right for doing wrong here.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I knew I'd be in the wrong/ late posting.:blush:

A lot of people only seemed to have found out today or at the weekend for some reason. Hence the reason for all the new threads suddenly popping up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A lot of people only seemed to have found out today or at the weekend for some reason. Hence the reason for all the new threads suddenly popping up.

Oh, ok. I'm one.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh goodness, how sad :(
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's sad. I remember him well from Ready, Steady, Cook. :(
  • Options
    GORTONIANGORTONIAN Posts: 8,673
    Forum Member
    Oh, ok. I'm one.

No need to apologise for starting a thread if you've not seen it 😄
    There are now three
    I posted in the second one where sadly they are squabbling over how the opening poster phrased the name of the thread 😢

I only saw it myself on Saturday in the obit section of the Daily Express and was surprised I'd not seen a mention on the Beeb
    Having said that I suppose there are many more story's at the moment that I'd assume they deem much more important
    Anyhow a throughly nice guy gone far too soon
    RIP
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    No need to apologise for starting a thread if you've not seen it 😄
    There are now three
    I posted in the second one where sadly they are squabbling over how the opening poster phrased the name of the thread 😢

I only saw it myself on Saturday in the obit section of the Daily Express and was surprised I'd not seen a mention on the Beeb
    Having said that I suppose there are many more story's at the moment that I'd assume they deem much more important
    Anyhow a throughly nice guy gone far too soon
    RIP

Thanks for the above - :) I don't start many threads & only just read it on the news - least of problems I guess Gorton - we're alive - poor guy, yes, died too soon.:(

Thanks for your answer btw.:) kindly put.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the above - :) I don't start many threads & only just read it on the news - least of problems I guess Gorton - we're alive - poor guy, yes, died too soon.:(

Thanks for your answer btw.:) kindly put.

You are welcome
    If it's any consolation I too sometimes get flack on here but nine times out of ten people aren't having a go
    It's just when people aren't talking to you face to face a phrase or the odd sentence in cold print without inflection in the voice of someone physically in front of you can sometimes come out wrong
    Post away I shall look out for you
    Best wishes 😎
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GORTONIAN wrote: »
    You are welcome
    If it's any consolation I too sometimes get flack on here but nine times out of ten people aren't having a go
    It's just when people aren't talking to you face to face a phrase or the odd sentence in cold print without inflection in the voice of someone physically in front of you can sometimes come out wrong
    Post away I shall look out for you
    Best wishes 😎

Aww, that's really lovely & considerate Gorton ( if I can call you that.) I hate swearing & confrontation but I'll stand corrected when necessary - I don't claim to be perfect, just considerate & polite.
    Lovely speaking to you like this plus on a delicate/sad thread. :)
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife was shocked. She liked him when he was on our Masterchef and used to watch him in Ready Steady Cook.

I wonder why the news took 11 days to come through in this era of fast instant communication?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    My wife was shocked. She liked him when he was on our Masterchef and used to watch him in Ready Steady Cook.

I wonder why the news took 11 days to come through in this era of fast instant communication?

It was posted on here last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »

I was surprised, no shocked tbh - that I only heard it today. He was lovely - God love him / RIP.:(
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry UG I have to post this on this sad thread.

Anyonefortennis - not everyone posts on this forum 24/7, so if duplicate threads are posted, get over it and let the mods do their job. You've done this twice to me now, once today on the same matter of Ross Burden (I did a thread on Showbiz for others concerned) and was shot down there by you and I remember a while back on another forum, I posted about a show I got excited about and I got shot down again by you.

Let the mods do their job and stop telling fms what to do, it's really annoying.

Thanks!

Ps to anyone, is there a thread for Couples Come Dine With Me, don't want to start one if one already exist...you know...just in case...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Sorry UG I have to post this on this sad thread.

Anyonefortennis - not everyone posts on this forum 24/7, so if duplicate threads are posted, get over it and let the mods do their job. You've done this twice to me now, once today on the same matter of Ross Burden (I did a thread on Showbiz for others concerned) and was shot down there by you and I remember a while back on another forum, I posted about a show I got excited about and I got shot down again by you.

Let the mods do their job and stop telling fms what to do, it's really annoying.

Thanks!

Ps to anyone, is there a thread for Couples Come Dine With Me, don't want to start one if one already exist...you know...just in case...?

I wasn't having a go at anyone for posting duplicate threads. I was just informing others that the news was posted on here last week. So wind your neck in and don't be so rude. >:(
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't having a go at anyone for posting duplicate threads. I was just informing others that the news was posted on here last week. So wind your neck in and don't be so rude. >:(

Yes you were, you should stop being rude and mind your own and let the mods do their jobs. Instead you make people feel like idiots for not looking for current threads!

So what if it was posted here last week, perhaps a lot of us weren't here last week, are we supposed to scour the forum before posting anything?

Let the mods do their job. Thanks again.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Who cares if there are a couple of threads on the same topic, searches don't always show up anyway. Mods will sort it out if necessary. No-one complains when there are dozens of fart or silly sex joke threads going round, so take no notice, UG.

R.I.P. Ross.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    Yes you were, you should stop being rude and mind your own and let the mods do their jobs. Instead you make people feel like idiots for not looking for current threads!

So what if it was posted here last week, perhaps a lot of us weren't here last week, are we supposed to scour the forum before posting anything?

Let the mods do their job. Thanks again.

Again I wasn't scorning anyone. It's all in your own mind. So get off your high horse and grow up. "Yes you were" Please *rollseyes*
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I knew I'd be in the wrong/ late posting.:blush: I can't do right for doing wrong here.:(

No need to apologise. Nor is there any reason for anyone to have a go at you. It seems most people didn't hear the news until today. And some of us have lives... we aren't all glued to DS 24/7.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's sad I remember watching this guy RiP
  • Options
    PJ HunnybunnyPJ Hunnybunny Posts: 918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Irma Bunt wrote: »
    No need to apologise. Nor is there any reason for anyone to have a go at you. It seems most people didn't hear the news until today. And some of us have lives... we aren't all glued to DS 24/7.[/

Agree!
    Rip Ross xo
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Believe it or not The SUN only reporting the story TODAY (Tuesday 29th July )
    Therefore Is it any wonder so many didn't know ??

Odd given the fact that DS had it last week and The Express carried it Saturday
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    The Daily Record ran the story yesterday, that was the first I heard of it. Very sad...way too young. :(