When will Helen Flanagan learn to act?

grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,353
Forum Member
✭✭
Saw her on Holby City last night. God, her acting skills leave a hell of a lot to be desired. She was absolutely awful- pout your lips and flutter your false eyelashes, and that was it.

The most unconvincing act ever.

Why can't she just accept that the only talent she's got is a footballer boyfriend.

(Sorry - a rant because some up and coming actress could have got the part and played it so much better)

Comments

• JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's an airhead/vacuous/bimbo/no-talent/dumb/bint/blonde/talent vacuum/zeleb/dim/stupid ..

That should cover it all ..
  • xxTinkerbellexxxxTinkerbellexx Posts: 4,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. Saw her too and wondered the same!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Saw her on Holby City last night. God, her acting skills leave a hell of a lot to be desired. She was absolutely awful- pout your lips and flutter your false eyelashes, and that was it.

The most unconvincing act ever.

Why can't she just accept that the only talent she's got is a footballer boyfriend.

(Sorry - a rant because some up and coming actress could have got the part and played it so much better)

Bit unfair to class scott sinclair as a talent.

The only talent she has is whats attached to her chest sadly.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helen's a bit ditsy to ever become a serious actress. I suppose she'll only ever have roles where she's either an aspiring model or something similar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Watched her and my god! Her face?!! Did she get something stuffed in her cheeks??? She looked odd!
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's an airhead/vacuous/bimbo/no-talent/dumb/bint/blonde/talent vacuum/zeleb/dim/stupid ..

That should cover it all ..

So really with all that going for her, between 'reality' trash telly, lads w@nk mags & the red top press, she's guaranteed pretty much fame & fortune for the foreseeable future!
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Just curious, they cast her for her actings or her name>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    So really with all that going for her, between 'reality' trash telly, lads w@nk mags & the red top press, she's guaranteed pretty much fame & fortune for the foreseeable future!

She seems more interested in being a wag than actually continuing any sort of career as an actress.

But then with the nature of a long running soap like Corrie, there's always a chance she'll be brought back as long as she doesn't get on the wrong side of ITV or any of the producers, so in that respect she'll pretty much have a job for life.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She seems more interested in being a wag than actually continuing any sort of career as an actress.

But then with the nature of a long running soap like Corrie, there's always a chance she'll be brought back as long as she doesn't get on the wrong side of ITV or any of the producers, so in that respect she'll pretty much have a job for life.

It's quite depressing really that someone with such little talent can end up so secure <sigh>
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite depressing really that someone with such little talent can end up so secure <sigh>

To be fair, you could apply that to a lot of cast members across the big three - Corrie, Emmerdale and Eastenders.

Her only other avenue is modelling really. She'd make a truckload of money going "full glamour" but that's not going to happen because she's far too naive. One of the pre-requisites of the current crop of glamour models is to be quite "risque" about their sex lives, and can you really see Flanagan doing that ?

It would go something like this I suspect ..

Interviewer: "So Helen, where's the most outrageous place you've had sex?"
    Flanagan: "Oh my GOD! I can't believe you just asked that! I'm so embarrassed!!"
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She got very lucky to get on Corrie as she was only about 10 when she got cast and didn't need to know how to act.That's been proven now as she can't get any roles apart from Holby which is where all the ex soap actors go. A pity they don't have The Bill anymore :D I wondered what happened to the original actress who played Rosie..

Corrie don't want her! as she said that it was their fault she got depression and anxieties from wearing revealing outfits as she didn't feel comfortable doing it. A bit of a hypocrite really.
  • GroundhogalGroundhogal Posts: 9,491
    Forum Member
    I thought she was actually quite good in Corrie as the shallow bimbo, Rosie Webster. Well, she made me laugh anyway. I don't know when it started to go tits up for her. Maybe she needs a new agent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was actually quite good in Corrie as the shallow bimbo, Rosie Webster. Well, she made me laugh anyway. I don't know when it started to go tits up for her. Maybe she needs a new agent.

It's funny really... Flanagan was just playing herself when you think about it! :D

And it all went tits up, well she just got her tits out lol
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No matter how Ms Flanagan acts, she'll always be 'Our Rawsie From Corrie' in my mind forever...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Corrie don't want her! as she said that it was their fault she got depression and anxieties from wearing revealing outfits as she didn't feel comfortable doing it. A bit of a hypocrite really.

Now you mention that, I do remember her saying that so maybe she has indeed burnt her bridges with them. Silly really.
    It's funny really... Flanagan was just playing herself when you think about it! :D

And it all went tits up, well she just got her tits out lol

Well technically she's only ever actually got them out once. The rest of the time, it's side-boob, under-boob and basically jiggling them around in a bikini :)
  • pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She really is awful when trying to act.It's cringeworthy.
    Maybe all those years eating baked beans and fish fingers on corrie is what really traumatised her,rather than the skimpy clothes .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    She really is awful when trying to act.It's cringeworthy.
    Maybe all those years eating baked beans and fish fingers on corrie is what really traumatised her,rather than the skimpy clothes .

LOL!

Indeed, all those times miserable old Sally told her to eat up those beans. And when the poor little love wasn't eating all that processed grub, she had to 'go upstairs and do some colouring'. Just what did they have her colouring up there?

It's all down to that childhood!! :D
  • louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe when she gets her priorities right, and realises that she will gain more respect and admiration, for being a talented actress, than a Z list celebrity - misnomer - who is willing to flash her assets for any lads' mag. Not classy.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    I've just watched Holby. She makes Kelly Brook look like a potential Oscar winner.
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just watched Holby. She makes Kelly Brook look like a potential Oscar winner.

Blimey was she the one with the dark hair and scary eyes? Missed most of it so hadn't realised who it was. (Only know her from DM SoS so associate her with being blonde)
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    Blimey was she the one with the dark hair and scary eyes? Missed most of it so hadn't realised who it was.

Dark hair, scary eyes, lips like two over-inflated inner tubes :D
  • SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark hair, scary eyes, lips like two over-inflated inner tubes :D

Bother that means her character is coming back :( Last thing I remembered she was sacked so thought it was a one off.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I couldn't concentrate on the acting...those cheeks!
  • D_PeugeotD_Peugeot Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was okay in Corrie.
  • CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has contributed towards the economy by making us guys use more tissue paper, who cares about her acting?