Options

GLADIATORS - Sky One - 6pm

Comments

• Options
    JAMIE22UKJAMIE22UK Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope the gladiators signed or unsigned promos are avaliable from somewhere. ive seen posters and stuff already.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope the figures get released hehe spartan panther oblivion inferno ice and tornado heres hoping they released most of the uk and usa and oz glads figures so these are possible.
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm enjoying it so nfar,so different to anything on t.v over the last few years,it's the sort of thing ITV or bbc should have on a saturday or sunday night.
    Everybody likes getting behind someone on shows like this which makes it even better for all ages.
    The glads are slowly getting more human if you know what i mean,speaking after bouts and stuff..
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed tonights episode but the whole 10 second penalty thing if you fall on the monkey bars is completely stupid :mad:

Its quicker to get on the 1st monkey bar then fall than it is if you get all the way across on the monkey bars :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Serial LurkerSerial Lurker Posts: 10,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fab cesc wrote: »
    I enjoyed tonights episode but the whole 10 second penalty thing if you fall on the monkey bars is completely stupid :mad:

Its quicker to get on the 1st monkey bar then fall than it is if you get all the way across on the monkey bars :mad::mad:

Yeah I'm just watching the repeat and I thought that. If the blue one did the same as the red one she'd have been about 3 seconds behind instead of about 15. Daft rule.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,965
    Forum Member
    Next week's looks good. Looks like the Glads don't like one of the male contestants. A real bit of aggro. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Yeah just watched it. That was crazy! The girl just fell off straight away. After 10 seconds she was good to go, and had the luxury of a 10 second breather, skipping the whole section. The girl in blue took 16 seconds to get across the bars! Backwards.

I tell you what, the competitors so far, are not very good hahahaha

Also yeah that bloke in blue should have let a reserve in rather than do that, and make his kids all upset.
  • Options
    fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah just watched it. That was crazy! The girl just fell off straight away. After 10 seconds she was good to go, and had the luxury of a 10 second breather, skipping the whole section. The girl in blue took 16 seconds to get across the bars! Backwards.

I tell you what, the competitors so far, are not very good hahahaha

Also yeah that bloke in blue should have let a reserve in rather than do that, and make his kids all upset.

It was a pathetic eliminator tonight wasn't it :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oblivion or another male gladiator could of took his place haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gavin may get another chance stranger things have happened
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope Kevin doesn't go very far, he doesn't deserve it :o
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mandark wrote: »
    Next week's looks good. Looks like the Glads don't like one of the male contestants. A real bit of aggro. :D

Hope defrosted anderson has had his seven seas coz he will need his strength
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week does look good :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    I'm disappointed that Gavin got injured because he was the first contender who looked like a match for the Gladiators.

And I agree that the 10second rule for the monkey bars is completely wrong, they should have to retake them.

How come when the guy was disqualified from the Gauntlet he lost all his points when the girl that was disqualified in Hit and Run last week got to keep those she'd already earned? So many inconsistencies in this show! It could even be argued that the points he'd earned up to that point were legitimate whereas the girl last week was being warned constantly...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sazzly wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that Gavin got injured because he was the first contender who looked like a match for the Gladiators.

And I agree that the 10second rule for the monkey bars is completely wrong, they should have to retake them.

How come when the guy was disqualified from the Gauntlet he lost all his points when the girl that was disqualified in Hit and Run last week got to keep those she'd already earned? So many inconsistencies in this show! It could even be argued that the points he'd earned up to that point were legitimate whereas the girl last week was being warned constantly...

I totally agree with that point, seems unfair.
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask what people's problem is with the ten second rule? (which was a 15 second rule for the men last week, but I digress). Throughout the entire run of the original series, if a contender fell from the monkey bars/hand-bike, or the rolling beams, they would have to wait ten seconds, before climbing up from the pit, and continuing with the next obstacle. Only on the balance beams, later replaced by the see-saws, did they have to go back and complete the obstacle again if they fell off. As such by assessing a ten second penalty for falling from the monkey bars/hand-bike, they are using the same rules as the original series. As such, if it wasn't an issue then, why is it an issue now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Is it me or did the travelator look slower than normal when the contestants were going up it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Can I ask what people's problem is with the ten second rule? (which was a 15 second rule for the men last week, but I digress). Throughout the entire run of the original series, if a contender fell from the monkey bars/hand-bike, or the rolling beams, they would have to wait ten seconds, before climbing up from the pit, and continuing with the next obstacle. Only on the balance beams, later replaced by the see-saws, did they have to go back and complete the obstacle again if they fell off. As such by assessing a ten second penalty for falling from the monkey bars/hand-bike, they are using the same rules as the original series. As such, if it wasn't an issue then, why is it an issue now?

My problem with it is that it could lead to situations of contenders going against the spirit of fair play. So, jump on the monkey bars/bike, fall off immediately and 'complete' the obstacle quicker and without expending the energy it would have taken.
  • Options
    richy23richy23 Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    The 3rd Episode was terrible!
  • Options
    The Unknown OneThe Unknown One Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My problem with it is that it could lead to situations of contenders going against the spirit of fair play. So, jump on the monkey bars/bike, fall off immediately and 'complete' the obstacle quicker and without expending the energy it would have taken.

It never happened in 8 years of the original series, and I would suggest that they would also run the risk of disqualification if after careful assessment it was felt the contender has dropped deliberately, rather than dropping through pain/exhaustion etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richy23 wrote: »
    The 3rd Episode was terrible!

Wasn't the best I must admit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 287
    Forum Member

Yeah, I thought that was a bit unfair. Stopping the event isn't much of a punishment when the time's about to run out anyway and you're only 2 points behind the other contender. She should have lost her points, there's too much bending of the rules on Hit and Run and they need to put a stop to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EvilRedEye wrote: »
    She should have lost her points, there's too much bending of the rules on Hit and Run and they need to put a stop to it.
    The reason there's so much bending of rules on HIt and Run is because they make no sense!

In the past, you couldn't deflect the balls or crawl under them. Now, in addition, you can't stop, either. What?! What are you supposed to do if a ball is in front of you? You have to stop or deflect the ball. Lunacy!

There's no need for the "no stop" rule. If you stop, you loose time. If you're brave enough to run quickly, you'll get a bunch more points if you don't fall off.

Isn't that how it's supposed to be?
  • Options
    Martyn1Martyn1 Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is episode 3 gonna be on Sky Anytime on TV, Like the first 2 episodes were on Anytime straight after they were broadcast, but this weeks isn't???

Also, anyone know the ratings for Ep3? I wonder if Sky will commision a 2nd series??