Circumcision

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Any men here had it done as an adult? Do they put you too sleep?

Comments

• a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The rabi that did mine slipped and got the sack LOL

A friend had his under a local not a general anasthetic.
  • ChizzlefaceChizzleface Posts: 8,221
    Forum Member
    It's a local anaesthetic jobby. You can ask for GA but I doubt they'll make that option available for such a small operation.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 421
    Forum Member
    I had it done last year and it was done under a general.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would rather local when I ask to have it done, I hate being put to sleep encase I don't wake back up....can you feel much when you're awake?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a local anaesthetic jobby. You can ask for GA but I doubt they'll make that option available for such a small operation.

I myself wouldnt call it a small op, it makes me just cringe, if I had to get it done for whatever reason, I would have to put under. Its almost too gross/terrible to imagine it happening
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The vast majority of circumcisions on adults are totally unnecessary.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The vast majority of circumcisions on adults are totally unnecessary.
    Are they? Aside from conversions to Islam or Judaism, it doesn't seem like something a guy would want to have done unless it was medically necessary.
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »
    Are they? Aside from conversions to Islam or Judaism, it doesn't seem like something a guy would want to have done unless it was medically necessary.

But in most cases the medical reasons can be resolved through non-invasive options.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can i ask the reasons an adult would get this done?
    Just curious:o
    Forum Member
    cjsmummy wrote: »

A number of reasons:

http://www.norm-uk.org/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member

This:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phimosis

Warning: graphic photo of a rather ugly looking hardon.
    Forum Member

Sure mine was due to "phimosis" I had lived with all my life but was getting recurring UTI's so they suggested taking the hood off. Since then never have another UTI.
    Forum Member
    Irvine wrote: »
    Sure mine was due to "phimosis" I had lived with all my life but was getting recurring UTI's so they suggested taking the hood off. Since then never have another UTI.

But it was an unnecessary procedure as there are alternatives which are now regarded as much more favourable.
  • Killer GorillaKiller Gorilla Posts: 3,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had it done as an adult. I can't imagine them not doing it under a GA. It was very painful for weeks afterwards, particularly when I'd wake up in agony at 6am in the morning with a stiffy.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This:

I'm so glad i clicked on that link.:eek:
    Forum Member
    But it was an unnecessary procedure as there are alternatives which are now regarded as much more favourable.

I should add the alternatives had been tried, steriod creams etc and made no difference. In the link above the photo I could not even retract mine that far after trying the alternatives.

It has come off, no more UTI's. Sex life is fine no issues there no loss of sensation etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    I'm so glad i clicked on that link.:eek:

:D You're welcome. Did you lose your lunch?
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Son and my Grandsons were always taught to regularly retract their foreskins while bathing to prevent problems like that.

Which reminds me of the joke, "It's my penis, and I'll wash it as fast as I like".
  • FanielleFanielle Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefer the look of a circumcised willy - can't imagine it to be a pleasant experience though!
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    My Son and my Grandsons were always taught to regularly retract their foreskins while bathing to prevent problems like that.

Which reminds me of the joke, "It's my penis, and I'll wash it as fast as I like".

Thats fine if you could retract it, but far as I can remember I could never retract it and just ignored it until I could ignore it no more.
  • LP ROBINSONLP ROBINSON Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was circumcised back in October.

They put me to sleep for it.

Although I had to have a second operation a few days later as I was internally bleeding, turns out they had caught a blood vessel during the procedure.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when the doctor did mine he slipped and got the sack :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This:

At first I wasnt going to look at that page, I was expecting rashes and redness and grossness, as far a willys go, it wasnt that ugly tbh
  • scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NHS tend to use general anesthetic, I had it done a yew years back privately (£250 Dr Zarifa, East London) under local anesthetic.

Best decision I've made in my life.

circlist is great site for researching the subject.

Good luck
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Coincidentally my 4 year old son has just had his done today, his foreskin was too tight and he kept getting infections :( He was put under general anesthetic at around 10am, we would've been home by 1pm but he was refusing to go for a wee so we only got home about an hour ago :D