The Official Christmas Radio Times 2011 Countdown Thread

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    RT covers: red or green cartoonish Christmas tree, depending on which one (of two) you buy.

Interesting you should say that. I saw just this on a rotating billboard outside Tesco, advertising it and saying on sale from 3rd Dec ( i am in Sussex). If it is indeed the cover i think its safe to say it has to be the worst one ever.
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Latest tweet from Radio Times :

Celebrations in the office - the Christmas Radio Times has gone to press! In shops *from* Saturday, nationwide by 7 Dec

Won't be long now!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    I went into my local tescos today to get a 2nd to 9th Dec issue, and they said weve taken em down to accomodate for 10/16 Dec, do you think they would have em at back of shop, is it worth me tying other places, or would all shops, have taken em down to fit the new ones.

I know the christmas edition, they normally have placed in special cardboard things, so no doubt those 10/16 ones could be on shelf for 2 weeks.

The shop by me still has them in, so probably worth asking
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went into my local tescos today to get a 2nd to 9th Dec issue, and they said weve taken em down to accomodate for 10/16 Dec, do you think they would have em at back of shop, is it worth me tying other places, or would all shops, have taken em down to fit the new ones.

I know the christmas edition, they normally have placed in special cardboard things, so no doubt those 10/16 ones could be on shelf for 2 weeks.

They are not due for return to wholesalers until next Tuesday so should be plenty around
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the guardian website has unveiled the cover of the Christmas RT on the day before its london release in the past few years. might be worth having a look tomorrow.

Heres lasts years

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/03/wallace-gromit-radio-times
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there are some good things on this year, BBC1 and probably ITV seem to have spread stuff across the week..some good cheesey films on in the afternoons and some comedy repeats..at least there is no Cash in the Attic during day time..lolol, I'm sure that ITV will have some films and drama repeats during the festive week too!..with the BBC cuts etc I think it's ok, not good or a vintage year but its ok! We are lucky as the American networks don't bother as it's all reruns of their big shows during Christmas, at least we get a few specials and comedy!
    Forum Member
    Well everyone, 1 day to go until it is officially on sale (even if most of us can't get it!). Thank you all for making this an enjoyable, humourous and sometimes lively debated countdown!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Well I'm glad the BBC decided to spread its programming across the period. Thankfully no Bargain Hunt etc. It is nice to see Specials from the past and random movies, things you would not necessarily buy but you may like. Overall, a good effort, yes the main days may look a bit thin but I think this is balanced about buy a more spread schedule.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glowball wrote: »

Looks a bit garish to me, but it's very different to previous years!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    first impressions - oh no! No snow on the masthead!
  • adw2007adw2007 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    errrm... ok :eek:

bucket please, I feel sick!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I quite like it...One million times better than any amount of tenuous Wallace & Gromit cash-in covers imho

Re-edit: After looking at it again, I really like it. Hope my local emporium stocks the predominantly green covered edition...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    might look much better when it turns into a glossy cover
    Forum Member
    I much prefer this to the previous offerings. Nice to see a return to the Christmassy style.

Although I much prefer the green, I don't really see the need for 2, other than to encorage people to buy 2 to complete their collection. I refuse, and will stick with the green!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    294 pages - 14 more than last year (hope they are not all adverts) so biggest ever issue
  • Claires_dadClaires_dad Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like it, it's got a nice old fashioned traditional RT cover look to it.

May look different "in the flesh".........won't be long before we find out.:)
  • DavedigitalDavedigital Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »
    might look much better when it turns into a glossy cover

The cover has a special gold print on it apparently.
  • pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit old fashioned looking, but I like them. Glad it isn't a programmed featured cover.
  • Ste30yoSte30yo Posts: 414
    Forum Member
    Not sure whether i like it - will tell once the real thing lands on the doormat - next week (hopefully by Wednesday!!)...

Now, i wonder which idiot is going to start the 2012 countdown thread early?! :P
  • digibladedigiblade Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Really like them - will go for the one with the green tree.
  • gagaaddictgagaaddict Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says its out wednesday ;s
    Forum Member
    Ste30yo wrote: »
    Not sure whether i like it - will tell once the real thing lands on the doormat - next week (hopefully by Wednesday!!)...

Now, i wonder which idiot is going to start the 2012 countdown thread early?! :P

Someone already did- way back last year!
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1402964
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    I really like it.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Its better than last year, not my favourite ever but at least its a bit different. Actually seems like some time and effort has gone into making them rather than finding a picture of Wallace and Gromit and sticking Christmas hats on them.