At what age do people stop being interested in sex?

Comments

• LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    The thumb is still a finger. People are born with 5 fingers and 5 toes.
    Its a digit that moves and looks different to fingers. I could say fingers are hands to confuse you :D
  • LucianBLucianB Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive got ten
    lol :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I seriously the first person in this thread to be shocked by this? :eek:

Its almost unbeliveable isnt it.

But its true, she was distraught actually as he was a trusted regular, and due to the place he'd died and her having to contact the police and ambulance, ended up with an angry wife calling her a few weeks later, blaming her for his death!
  • dengie dudedengie dude Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    money is a very attractive quality in a woman too plus kindness ,generosity and compassion for those in poverty ..like me
  • James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    LucianB wrote: »
    Would you prefer that person to be a man or woman? And would you prefer them to be asexual too?

I would say female just because I tend to get on with females better pretty much every friend I've ever had has been female

And in a ideal world they would either be Asexual or go somewhere else for it
  • NorthcroftNorthcroft Posts: 450
    Forum Member
    I'm 40, my partner is 45
    We met in Aug2010, had sex about 5 times a day for 6 months
    Then maybe once a week
    In 2012 we had sex twice in the whole year
    Just feel deprived and unwanted
    Actually put on weight since last August as we decided to give up smoking, I did and she did for a month and relapsed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    Thing is, even things like that do get annoying after the 8000th time I suppose.

It used to get to me a bit, because it seemed like no one was taking me seriously (which is obviously so important to a teenager:cool:). But when I found out asexuality is a real thing, I see it as more a reflection on them, which makes it kinda funny.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James, are you rich? If so, you sound like the perfect man for many women, lol!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive got ten

Lucky you, so have I:o
    Forum Member
    CJM91 wrote: »
    James, are you rich? If so, you sound like the perfect man for many women, lol!

Unfortunately no all I've got is a carers allowance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    It really depends on the person...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe asexuality is real, however I'm certainly more ignorant of it than other sexual preferences. May I as you with no sex drive, is it truly a case of "I don't want any sort of sexual experience, even if it was just to please a partner?". I only ask, because I knew someone a few years ago who claimed they were asexual, even made themselves a member of the LBGT community at uni claiming they there the "fifth" part of that particular group. I also know for a fact that this person did everything but full sex with their partners and certainly sent "naughty pics" of themselves. They were most certainly aware of how to be provocative. Now here is where my ignorance may come out - to me, this would not be an asexual person, more of a c*ck-tease with attention seeking issues. Am I very wrong? Is asexuality just one definition of "no sex drive, not interested at all" or is it more of a sliding scale like being bi-sexual? Genuinely interested as far too little is spoken of this form of sexuality, in a world of those determined to shout who they are sleeping with and how proud they are of themselves for it :p.

As for myself, I "discovered" my sex drive when I was about 20. To be honest, before then sex wasn't something I was hugely interested in, although I was having issues about whether I was actually gay or straight. I didn't actively pursue either gender until I was at uni (drinking may have been my umm, liberation?) and I'm now in a very happy relationship with my boyfriend. My sex drive has most certainly decreased since I was at university, however it was ridiculously high back then, now it's probably just above normal. Really hope I don't lose mine in the next 20 years or so, that guy who died during sex, wouldn't mind going that way myself in 70 years time :p.
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it oestrogen that's in the water supply?

I'm not convinced you lose interest in sex because you aren't appealing to the opposite sex. It's probably still there, latently.
    Forum Member
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    I believe asexuality is real, however I'm certainly more ignorant of it than other sexual preferences. May I as you with no sex drive, is it truly a case of "I don't want any sort of sexual experience, even if it was just to please a partner?". I only ask, because I knew someone a few years ago who claimed they were asexual, even made themselves a member of the LBGT community at uni claiming they there the "fifth" part of that particular group. I also know for a fact that this person did everything but full sex with their partners and certainly sent "naughty pics" of themselves. They were most certainly aware of how to be provocative. Now here is where my ignorance may come out - to me, this would not be an asexual person, more of a c*ck-tease with attention seeking issues. Am I very wrong? Is asexuality just one definition of "no sex drive, not interested at all" or is it more of a sliding scale like being bi-sexual? Genuinely interested as far too little is spoken of this form of sexuality, in a world of those determined to shout who they are sleeping with and how proud they are of themselves for it :p.

Like most things, it's different for everybody. I think it probably is a 'sliding scale'. Some people might make compromises if they have romantic feelings, do things to please a partner they love. Others, like myself, who don't (in a manner of speaking) care for romance, wouldn't. I think exclusivity comes into it too. If an asexual person loves and trusts their partner and both of them want an exclusive relationship, I imagine that person wouldn't mind having sex. Some people might trust their partners to get physical pleasure elsewhere.

I find it a bit funny how it isn't talked about that much. It makes me smile when people talk about how everyone is or should be getting represented on TV (in soaps, for example), because we always get forgotten! I can never relate to any characters in that way, because most of them are having affairs!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like most things, it's different for everybody. I think it probably is a 'sliding scale'. Some people might make compromises if they have romantic feelings, do things to please a partner they love. Others, like myself, who don't (in a manner of speaking) care for romance, wouldn't. I think exclusivity comes into it too. If an asexual person loves and trusts their partner and both of them want an exclusive relationship, I imagine that person wouldn't mind having sex. Some people might trust their partners to get physical pleasure elsewhere.

I find it a bit funny how it isn't talked about that much. It makes me smile when people talk about how everyone is or should be getting represented on TV (in soaps, for example), because we always get forgotten! I can never relate to any characters in that way, because most of them are having affairs!:D

Thank you for your reply - I hope you don't find me too stupid in asking :o. I should also add to my previous post, the person I was speaking of never seemed to mind doing anything sexual, but was a total no-no when it came to "full sex", that's when they claimed asexuality. Also this person never seemed to be without a boyfriend and was very into romance, marriage and all that. However, sexuality is a very complex thing to some people, and I may have misjudged!

The television media never seem to portray asexuality do they? I assume it would be too boring next to the endless affairs they have on soaps, because it is so very thrilling to know who Kat Slater gets her knickers off for next :yawn:.
    Forum Member
    There are different forms of Asexuality

Aromantic which means you feel nothing either way (no sexual or romantic feelings)
    HetroRomantic which means you may feel romantic feelings towards the opposite sex
    Homoromantic which means you may feel romantic feelings towards the same sex
    Biromantic which means you may feel romantic feelings towards the both sexes

In the cases where you feel romantic feelings you still don't have sexual feelings or are physically attracted to them

I am Aromantic
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your reply - I hope you don't find me too stupid in asking :o. I should also add to my previous post, the person I was speaking of never seemed to mind doing anything sexual, but was a total no-no when it came to "full sex", that's when they claimed asexuality. Also this person never seemed to be without a boyfriend and was very into romance, marriage and all that. However, sexuality is a very complex thing to some people, and I may have misjudged!

The television media never seem to portray asexuality do they? I assume it would be too boring next to the endless affairs they have on soaps, because it is so very thrilling to know who Kat Slater gets her knickers off for next :yawn:.

Lol to the bit in bold! Yes, her endlessly recycled story-line's are gripping!:D

Sexuality certainly can be a complicated thing. Maybe the person you knew was waiting for the right boyfriend before "going all the way". Someone they saw a real future with?

And no, I don't think it's stupid to ask about things you don't know much about. The only reason I don't have to ask questions to people who do like sex is because it's explained or referenced in every type of media. You just can't get away from it! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are different forms of Asexuality

Aromantic which means you feel nothing either way (no sexual or romantic feelings)
    HetroRomantic which means you may feel romantic feelings towards the opposite sex
    Homoromantic which means you may feel romantic feelings towards the same sex
    Biromantic which means you may feel romantic feelings towards the both sexes

In the cases where you feel romantic feelings you still don't have sexual feelings or are physically attracted to them

I am Aromantic

I find asexuality very intriguing. It's one of those things that even though I know is real, I never had a full understanding of it (sorry that sounds quite rude doesn't it!). Did you ever struggle with your asexuality? Sorry for the questions tonight, like previously said, no one really talks about it. You hear all the time about people's struggles with being gay or accepting their sexuality in the "having sex" sort of way but I've only ever seen one documentary on television about asexuality and even then it seemed mainly focused on the people finding a relationship.
    Forum Member
    I am Aromantic

Me too.:)
    Forum Member
    I find asexuality very intriguing. It's one of those things that even though I know is real, I never had a full understanding of it (sorry that sounds quite rude doesn't it!). Did you ever struggle with your asexuality? Sorry for the questions tonight, like previously said, no one really talks about it. You hear all the time about people's struggles with being gay or accepting their sexuality in the "having sex" sort of way but I've only ever seen one documentary on television about asexuality and even then it seemed mainly focused on the people finding a relationship.

I did struggle with it before I knew what I was as I was always wondering what is up with me and will I ever be attracted to anyone since I worked it out I find things a lot easier
    Forum Member

Personally, I never struggled with it, mainly because it didn't matter to me what anyone else thought. I always knew I was different, I just didn't care. I only started researching it on the internet out of curiosity. When I found that my lack of feeling had a name it just enabled me to explain myself to my family better, even though they didn't really care either.:D
    Forum Member
    it just enabled me to explain myself to my family better, even though they didn't really care either.:D

Same here

But my Mum was a bit disappointed because she knew I wasn't interested in girls so always hoped I was gay.

Though she didn't care that much either way what I was
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did struggle with it before I knew what I was as I was always wondering what is up with me and will I ever be attracted to anyone since I worked it out I find things a lot easier

Well, it's one thing a lot of people can relate to, I know I always felt there was something wrong with me as well during my mid-late teens. Too much pressure on trying to be normal when to be honest we're all normal in our own way. Anyway, thanks for putting up with my questions guys, I will stop hi-jacking this thread now :o.
    Forum Member
    Same here

But my Mum was a bit disappointed because she knew I wasn't interested in girls so always hoped I was gay.

Though she didn't care that much either way what I was

I think my mum and nan would prefer me to be a lesbian, too, just so I wouldn't be alone 'emotionally'. No sex they can sort of understand, but no romance -:eek:!

Really, none of my family care. My sister's even a bit jealous. She say's I'm better off out of it.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I never struggled with it, mainly because it didn't matter to me what anyone else thought. I always knew I was different, I just didn't care. I only started researching it on the internet out of curiosity. When I found that my lack of feeling had a name it just enabled me to explain myself to my family better, even though they didn't really care either.:D

Hmm that's interesting, I always wondered who got more stick about it being a "phase" from friends and family, those who come out as gay or as asexual. However it seems like you have a cool family, sex lives should be private anyway (unless of course you're on a forum at stupid am :p).