Why were Alison & Jade so hated early on in BB3?

FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've started watching BB3 for the first time and I'm failing to see why Jade was nominated by the public in Week 1 and Alison being evicted in Week 2 :confused:

They seemed like people who the public would love. The bubbly, charming girls who love to have fun and aren't very serious at all.

Anyway so far I'm loving BB3. I can see myself putting it in my Top 3 after I'm done with it (I need to watch BB1, BB2 and BB4 and then I'll have seen them all)

Comments

• Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    Alison was a massive prude. Always going on about her mum watching.
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,500
    Forum Member
    Alison wasn't hated at all - in fact she was liked, its just Alex had a very dedicated following and Davina said at the start of the first show the %'s and that Alex was leading the vote and Sandy was way off being evicted.

Therefore that would've driven Alex's fans to vote for Alison and in the end she went instead.

Really Sandy should've gone at that point
  • elenaelena Posts: 14,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know a number of housemates now act like La Goody full time, but you do have to remember that when she walked through the door in 2002 nobody had really seen a reality TV contestant like her before. And god did she irritate the heck out of people.

Remember that in about week 4 or 5 the Sun was actually mounting a campaign to vote the 'pig' out :eek: .

It was only in later weeks (and some might argue through some choice editing) that she became more popular. But she was never massively so and finished last on finals night.

.. Alison wasn't disliked from recollection. She had the misfortune of being up against Alex.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison wasn't hated at all - in fact she was liked, its just Alex had a very dedicated following and Davina said at the start of the first show the %'s and that Alex was leading the vote and Sandy was way off being evicted.

Therefore that would've driven Alex's fans to vote for Alison and in the end she went instead.

Really Sandy should've gone at that point

Yes I was surprised Alison was evicted when Sandy had a much more negative vibe in the house. But I guess Sandy was best friends with Alex at the time so they got rid of Alison (the black girl curse I suppose ;))
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Jade was very annoying especially on live feed at the start of BB3, she was too loud and in your face, it was no surprise that her and Lynne received the most evict votes that week. Luckily for Jade the other h/m seemed to like her and so she survived that first eviction.

I don't remember Alison being hated, she got an ok reception from the crowd and was evicted because Alex had turned a bit obsessive and Graham Norton was telling people every night on his show to save him. Sandy hadn't did anything to annoy viewers and so there was no other choice than vote Alison if you wanted Alex to stay,.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,104
    Forum Member
    I remember during the first week or so of BB3, one of the papers did a celeb lookalike of each housemate.
    The only ones I can recall are:
    Kate = Samantha Janus (wtf!)
    Alex = Brad Pitt (lol)
    Jade = Miss Piggy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cloudy2 wrote: »
    Jade was very annoying especially on live feed at the start of BB3, she was too loud and in your face, it was no surprise that her and Lynne received the most evict votes that week. Luckily for Jade the other h/m seemed to like her and so she survived that first eviction.

I don't remember Alison being hated, she got an ok reception from the crowd and was evicted because Alex had turned a bit obsessive and Graham Norton was telling people every night on his show to save him. Sandy hadn't did anything to annoy viewers and so there was no other choice than vote Alison if you wanted Alex to stay,.

Yes, funny to think nowadays but back then Graham Norton was rather influential as far as BB was concerned, being on every night straight after and always dedicating a good chunk of his into to what had been happening...
  • *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,129
    Forum Member
    Alison is one of my least favourite HMs ever (closely followed by Stuart from BB8). Even now I have to turn over if she's on the TV. In the house she was very loud and thought she was funny, when in fact she was just a tedious bore. She arrogantly admitted to Davina that couldn't believe that she was voted out over Alex, which cemented my dislike of her.

Jade was an awful loud mouth bully in BB3 she would have gone if her mother hadn't threatened legal action. This resulted in Graham Norton swiftly changing his tack on his show, and Adele being hung out to dry with some of the worst editing we'd seen at that time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Allison really aware of the cameras in the days when you weren't supposed to be.
  • nanna7nanna7 Posts: 1,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i loved alison she was one of my faves that year i couldnt stop laughing when she broke the table i still like her now when she was on this morning she should have been there till the end. sandy was horrible and he walking anyway
  • Terry NTerry N Posts: 5,262
    Forum Member
    clumpy wrote: »
    Wasn't Allison really aware of the cameras in the days when you weren't supposed to be.

Yes and she had been on TV before going on BB.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clumpy wrote: »

I think in BB3 there was a lot of bitching about people 'playing up to the cameras', because yes, in those days it was a more innocent show. A few years later, it was expected...
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    elena wrote: »
    Yes, funny to think nowadays but back then Graham Norton was rather influential as far as BB was concerned, being on every night straight after and always dedicating a good chunk of his into to what had been happening...

I sometimes think C5 could do better with a chat show after the main BB show rather than BOTS.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 1,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade was nominated by the public because on the first night she was so loud and wouldn't shut up that it did everyone's head in.

Although I never particularly liked Alison that much she was a bit unlucky to be evicted as it was 3 fairly strong characters up together and it was close. If I remember correctly that was one that was a surprise to the bookies. In a way it was a good result because it would have been a different series if alex had gone so early.
  • lightblueslightblues Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison was desperately unlucky to go so early.Jade was just awful ,keep watching and see how she teats Sophie,not to mention her big gob,
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Alison and was shocked when she left so early. Jade was just horrible, so so nasty. One of the nastiest housemates ever.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Alison is one of my least favourite HMs ever (closely followed by Stuart from BB8). Even now I have to turn over if she's on the TV. In the house she was very loud and thought she was funny, when in fact she was just a tedious bore. She arrogantly admitted to Davina that couldn't believe that she was voted out over Alex, which cemented my dislike of her.

Jade was an awful loud mouth bully in BB3 she would have gone if her mother hadn't threatened legal action. This resulted in Graham Norton swiftly changing his tack on his show, and Adele being hung out to dry with some of the worst editing we'd seen at that time.

Can't argue with this. Alison did my head in from the first night. Far too loud, too in your face, too OTT. Typical holiday rep 'wooooo aren't we all having fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnn'. Pretty much my nightmare HM
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember was in hospital at the time (mixed sex ward) and this really fragile elderly lady saw me watching BB so along she toddled
    Well as soon as she saw Jade the swearing didn't stop.
    She didn't care who heard her and it just got so bad the nurse on the station had to ask her to keep it down. Everyone else she was fine with but Jade it was like Red flag to a bull.
  • LarocLaroc Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allison irritated me immensley. People that tell you constantly how fun they are usually not. I think she showed the same disbelief when she was voted out I'm a celeb.

Jade was loud and also irritating, her nasty side soon came out with her bullying of Sophie.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alison was just rubbish. She was like a middle aged woman in there.
    Jade was difficult to like, but I started warming to her slightly when she got jiggy with that horrid bald guy and he wouldn't acknowledge her the following morning. The papers and their "Get The Pig Out" was disgusting too and I hoped she'd do well just to stick it to them.
  • HypnoaliHypnoali Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both were loud and annoying in different ways. Alison too chirpy and Jade just unpleasant. Was surprised Alison went so soon though because she was likable enough, just a bit hard to live with I imagine.
    Forum Member
    I liked Alison because she would admit that she goes OTT and would try to act a bit more normal, only to then get OTT again. She seemed more natural than many of the other BB tryhards.

I felt it was a shame when she was evicted, but BB3 didn't seem to suffer without her presence and she's probably glad that she's known more for presenting on This Morning than she is for being on Big Brother.
  • Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    *Laura* wrote: »

I so agree with you about Alison. And I wasn't the only one who couldn't stand her at the time so it wasn't just because she was up against Alex. I've seen her since on BBOTS etc and she's the same loudmouthed, annoying, slightly thick person she seemed back then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember that Alison was in Jonny's gang and they were a little bit to self assured that they were the funny hip gang whereas Alex being uptight was far more amusing. I also recall the Jade hate at the time was ridiculous, a whole nation bullying this one girl. I remember Johnny Depp in an interview at the time saying "just give the poor girl a break" when some interviewer tried to get him to slate her. Because it became too vitriolic the tide turned in Jade's favour.
    Forum Member
    marie67 wrote: »
    Jade was nominated by the public because on the first night she was so loud and wouldn't shut up that it did everyone's head in.

Although I never particularly liked Alison that much she was a bit unlucky to be evicted as it was 3 fairly strong characters up together and it was close. If I remember correctly that was one that was a surprise to the bookies. In a way it was a good result because it would have been a different series if alex had gone so early.

I remember reading that BB3 was the bookies least favourite series. I think because quite a few of the evictions started off with one overwhelming favourite to go but then things weren't quite as clear-cut as they thought, leading to them having to give punters huge payouts.
    I'm thinking that certainly includes week 2 where Alex started off huge fave to go, same with Alex vs Spencer in week 4. Then in week 6 when it was Adele/Jade/Jonny/Kate, it started off with Jade huge fave to go but then gradually switched to Adele.