Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• ktboilsktboils Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    I was watching all creatures great and small last Night and thinking I miss the days when Mac was running the practice and Marc used to pine for Helen and Helen would get drunk and order stuff from the internet , those were the days

Oh I loved Doctors then!
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't read spoilers, so didn't know Chris was leaving, but can it be soon please? Never taken to the character at all.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but could he maybe take Barry with him to wherever he is going?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I don't read spoilers, so didn't know Chris was leaving, but can it be soon please? Never taken to the character at all.

And I know I'm in the minority here, but could he maybe take Barry with him to wherever he is going?
    11th April
  • FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqmBpXxWZYs oh look Ive found 10 minutes of watching Jimmi sing
  • TrishaSTrishaS Posts: 3,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've never understood why people think he's so wonderful, I think he's wooden and overacts...hate it when he's on >:( and the dire sl about the graffiti...boring :(
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TrishaS wrote: »
    [/B]

I've never understood why people think he's so wonderful, I think he's wooden and overacts...hate it when he's on >:( and the dire sl about the graffiti...boring :(

I thought I was the only one who finds Barry annoying!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope I do too
  • crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Nope I do too

Me three :D
  • Fireball XL5Fireball XL5 Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that's the inherent problem with all 'comedy' characters in soaps - there's no reality to them. They're just caricatures for comic effect - their quirks can be amusing at first but they soon wear thin. It was exactly the same with Valerie.

I still find Barry quite amusing and I like his relationship with Howard, but the character will run out of steam fairly soon. I see it already has for some. :D
  • SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,871
    Forum Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqmBpXxWZYs oh look Ive found 10 minutes of watching Jimmi sing

:o:D Jimmi rarely sings these days. I remember when every year he would sing on the last episode before Christmas.

Got to say the trailer ad for the upcoming movie release The Other Woman looks really good, might have to seek that one out at the cinema...... And the last time I went to a cinema was when they were showing Music and Lyrics.

Glad Chris is offski, wonder if this will bring a new side to Emma out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o:D Jimmi rarely sings these days. I remember when every year he would sing on the last episode before Christmas.

Got to say the trailer ad for the upcoming movie release The Other Woman looks really good, might have to seek that one out at the cinema...... And the last time I went to a cinema was when they were showing Music and Lyrics.

Glad Chris is offski, wonder if this will bring a new side to Emma out.

mind you Al can sing every episode if he wants , i think the practice needs a shake up thinking back to the old days has made me realise it's not what it was even the gay story line of the week isnt appearing so regularly
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member

If I was given a choice of watching that or watching any 'reality' programme, I'd watch your clip on a permanent loop :D
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Good grief, Karen'

Indeed :o:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    seejay63 wrote: »
    If I was given a choice of watching that or watching any 'reality' programme, I'd watch your clip on a permanent loop :D

Sorry the choice is that or jimmi

Can someone tell me what was wrong with sotd lady and if Karen got her leg over ,I fell asleep :blush:
    Forum Member
    Sorry the choice is that or jimmi

Can someone tell me what was wrong with sotd lady and if Karen got her leg over ,I fell asleep :blush:

Watching paint dry or watching Jimmi. Mmm, decisions, decisions. I think Jimmi is slightly better than watching paint dry. Only slightly mind :D

The woman in the SOTD had an aneurism, but needed an operation on her spleen - removing it I think - but her kidneys were in a really bad way too so she's going to have to go on dialysis. I don't know if all the symptoms pointed to one thing wrong with her, or whether she was just really unlucky and had three bad things wrong with her with no connection to them.

Re Karen - she's irritating, but I wouldn't look that good in a basque. Actually on second thoughts it might flatten out my wobbly bits :D I think she did get her leg over, but mainly because Rob just lay there and let her do all the work ;-)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,405
    Forum Member
    I was cringing when Karen was saying "Hello lover boy" whilst waiting for Rob to answer the door. :o

Can't wait for Chris to go now. What a knob flipping out at Jimmi like that.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,380
    Forum Member
    At last the end is nigh for the Karen story, hopefully they will get it together again and then more of her memory will return and then they will be back for good.:):)
    Forum Member
    Rob didn't wash his hands, and also left the the loo seat up :o:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I dream of living in a house where the loo seat gets put down
    Forum Member
    I dream of living in a house where the loo seat gets put down

I've got my family well-trained ;-):D
  • auntiemauntiem Posts: 450
    Forum Member

I'm pleased someone else noticed that. Was just about to post. Really shocked he didn't wash his hands though. Eeeeewwwwwwww.
    Forum Member
    auntiem wrote: »
    I'm pleased someone else noticed that. Was just about to post. Really shocked he didn't wash his hands though. Eeeeewwwwwwww.

That's why you should never eat the peanuts which are in a bowl on the bar in a pub . . . :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why you should never eat the peanuts which are in a bowl on the bar in a pub . . . :o

I dont frequent the kind of pubs that put peanuts on the bar, I work in a well known highstreet bookmakers you wouldn't believe the state of some of the money and slips that come over the counter and peoples nails ..............Im going to have to go and wash my hands yet again now
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indie.star wrote: »
    I was cringing when Karen was saying "Hello lover boy" whilst waiting for Rob to answer the door. :o

Can't wait for Chris to go now. What a knob flipping out at Jimmi like that.

bib: Agreed. I used to defend him, but he is being a complete arse, especially towards Emma.
  • wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some great guest stars appearing.
    I`m looking forward to seeing Ruth Madoc
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mh9v
    :)
This discussion has been closed.