Options

Palace Supporters Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I keep saying three goals, three goals!!
    :):):)
  • Options
    FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tusk0312 wrote: »
    Villa are a weird one. they seem to be much more relaxed when they play away from home so it will be tricky. dare I say a draw would suit both of us!

just a thought - can you imagine where we'd be if we'd had Pulis in charge from the start of the season?!

Said no one ever. Until now. What a job he has done, I had my reservations thinking it would be a poor appointment, but what a revelation he has been.
  • Options
    -Bandit--Bandit- Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    great job all round today... we looked in control from start to finish. once again the defence and midfield were rock solid and we looked like a real threat going forward... like i posted yesterday we actually look a real good side when we show more attacking intent.

no time to relax though, onwards to next week.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Bandit- wrote: »
    great job all round today... we looked in control from start to finish. once again the defence and midfield were rock solid and we looked like a real threat going forward... like i posted yesterday we actually look a real good side when we show more attacking intent.

no time to relax though, onwards to next week.[
    /QUOTE]

:):):)

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/pulis-we-still-have-work-to-do-1469479.aspx?

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/report-cardiff-0-3-crystal-palace-1468509.aspx
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Excellent result today , expecting a nervous afternoon against Villa , who are much better away from Villa Park , Will settle for another scrappy 1-0 .

See Moody was not allowed in the directors box today , had to sit with away fans .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    excellent :-) .... Looks like Ive got a trip to Palace again next year :-)
  • Options
    SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barney06 wrote: »
    See Moody was not allowed in the directors box today , had to sit with away fans .

Talk about petty. He's definitely better off away from that club.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    our last home game against liverpool has been moved to the 5th may by sky for the monday night footballl live match...

we're also on sky the previous week against man city...
  • Options
    oblivianoblivian Posts: 4,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly starting to believe we will stay up which is just about the worst thing that any palace fan can do because we've been in these kind of situations many times before and found a way to cock it up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Rodgers doesn't win the premier league then I'm not convinced there is much more of a stronger candidate than tony pulis , the bloke has done an absolutely exceptional job. Looking where the club are now compared to when he took over its like chalk and cheese .
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Sunderland demolished 5-1 by Spuds. Surely that's another team we no longer have to be concerned about now?
    scousemick wrote: »
    If Rodgers doesn't win the premier league then I'm not convinced there is much more of a stronger candidate than tony pulis , the bloke has done an absolutely exceptional job. Looking where the club are now compared to when he took over its like chalk and cheese .
    Yeah I think manager of the year will be between Pulis, Rodgers and Martinez. Providing we stay up, Liverpool win the title and Everton qualify for the Champions League.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joooe wrote: »
    Sunderland demolished 5-1 by Spuds. Surely that's another team we no longer have to be concerned about now?

Yeah, great result for us. Their next 3 games are very tough.

I still reckon we need one more win, just in case...
    oblivian wrote: »
    I'm honestly starting to believe we will stay up which is just about the worst thing that any palace fan can do because we've been in these kind of situations many times before and found a way to cock it up.

... and this is why I said just in case. I remember the "Oldham year" all too well, so I won't be celebrating this time until we're absolutely mathematically safe.

Just seen on MNF what the league table would look like if it was only from when Pulis took over - we'd be 8th!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sattrega wrote: »
    I remember the "Oldham year" all too well, so I won't be celebrating this time until we're absolutely mathematically safe.

i remember that too... probably the most painful relegation we have ever suffered... don't think i could handle something like that again...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vincent Tan trying to stir up trouble.

Link 1

Link 2

He really is a muppet. Would he still be making such accusations if they had won the game? Of course not.

That said, great work by Agent Zaha. ;)
  • Options
    JoooeJoooe Posts: 8,662
    Forum Member
    Vincent Tan getting desperate. It'll be a good day when they're officially relegated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now they are taking disciplinary action against two of their own employees!

Link.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tan really is a classless fool...

...saw the tony pulis press conference ahead of tomorrow's game... glad to see that he doesn't believe we're safe and that we're going to keep pushing for as many points as possible...
  • Options
    Tusk0312Tusk0312 Posts: 4,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    here we go, another massive day.

the line-up:

Speroni, Mariappa, Dann, Delaney, Ward, Dikgacoi, Jedinak, Bolasie, Puncheon, Ledley, Jerome.

Subs : Hennessey, Gabbidon, Parr, Ince, Gayle, Murray, Chamakh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0-0 at half-time: scrappy to say the least.

Fulham lead Norwich 1-0 at the break. both Cardiff and Sunderland goalless in their games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Puncheon!! Come on!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    full-time: Palace 1-0 Villa

37 points! fantastic!
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done, your manager is really proving to be the very best in the league this season.

You can enjoy the end of the season now I would imagine!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can enjoy the end of the season now I would imagine!

Hopefully! i'd be amazed if 37 points isn't enough. we've still got a big say in a few things so we can't relax and let up. we play Everton next, who are going for 4th. we play Man City & Liverpool, both going for the title, and we play Fulham on the final day who may still need something for survival.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    12th! We're 12th!

First half was a bore, scrappy definitely the right word for it. Apart from the first 5/10 minutes of the second half we were the better team and deserved the goal. Both Puncheon and Bolasie were a handful (if only Bolasie had an end product to his game!)

The defence was terrific once more. Yet another clean sheet. And Jules, when needed, was on top form. I really hope he gets picked as one of Argentina's 'keepers for the World Cup, he deserves it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sattrega wrote: »
    And Jules, when needed, was on top form. I really hope he gets picked as one of Argentina's 'keepers for the World Cup, he deserves it.

i completely agree with you. if Argentina have 3 better than Jules they must be 3 sensational keepers.