Using a PAC code a few months into a Vodafone contract

incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
Forum Member
✭✭
I got a Vodafone contract in July and have still been running my old (non-Voda) PAYG phone alongside.

I would like to stop using my PAYG phone and transfer the number to my contract phone -does anyone know if I can change my number at any point in the contract, or should I have done it right at the start?

Comments

• prkingprking Posts: 9,791
    Forum Member
    With Vodafone, unlike other networks, you have to do this at the start.
    There is a chap on here who says it can be done, but I have not found any one else who agrees with that.
    When other people have escalated a complaint on this matter, it has been resolved by Vodafone 'cancelling' the contract and starting a new one.
    This would do what you want, the only negative is that you might find the terms and conditions slightly different since you took out the original contract. Plus there is the opportunity for it to go wrong.
    Its certainly worth calling Vodafone and see what they suggest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodafone now allow porting after your contract has started, however it's only on a trial basis at the moment. You could try filling in the following form and seeing what happens: https://www.vodafoneinlifeporting.co.uk/web/
  • StarkickerStarkicker Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vodafone now allow porting after your contract has started, however it's only on a trial basis at the moment. You could try filling in the following form and seeing what happens: https://www.vodafoneinlifeporting.co.uk/web/

How very odd. I wonder why that domain name is NOT registered to Vodafone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Starkicker wrote: »
    How very odd. I wonder why that domain name is NOT registered to Vodafone.

GGMR apparently do web-marketing, development and design work for Vodafone. My only qualm would be why there's only about 10 sites with links to the URL, none of which are from vodafone's own website.
    Would advise calling VF direct, and asking if the site is legit.
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a bit of a pain, would have been nice if the sales rep had mentioned that to me at the time!

I'm not concerned enough to try starting a new contract, so I think I'll have to leave it. The trial link looks interesting, but if it's not officially linked to Vodafone, I'm loathe to risk it.

Thanks for the info everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    incy wincy wrote: »
    That's a bit of a pain, would have been nice if the sales rep had mentioned that to me at the time!

I'm not concerned enough to try starting a new contract, so I think I'll have to leave it. The trial link looks interesting, but if it's not officially linked to Vodafone, I'm loathe to risk it.

That IS the official link to keep your number. If you fill in the form with a valid PAC code the number can be transferred post-contract.

It's a redirection of vodafone.co.uk/keepmynumber
  • incy wincyincy wincy Posts: 839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexy_86 wrote: »
    That IS the official link to keep your number. If you fill in the form with a valid PAC code the number can be transferred post-contract.

It's a redirection of vodafone.co.uk/keepmynumber

So it's definitely genuine? The comments above made me think it might not be legitimate.

I'll have to give it a try, will be good to get rid of this silly new number that I just cannot seem to remember!

Thanks!
  • legends wear 7legends wear 7 Posts: 2,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As i've been saying for months, vodafone now offer in life porting, the above link is on leaflets provided in CPW stores right now when buying a vodafone contract
  • AppleseedAppleseed Posts: 3,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    incy wincy wrote: »

As per any sales rep, only concerned with getting the deal signed and sealed, and saying nothing that might cause you to go elsewhere.