DS Fantasy Eurovision 34 - Trondheim

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Jonas Myrin doesn't have residence there though. His Twitter even says "Londoner from Sweden" or something to that effect :p
  • avbavb Posts: 9,612
    Forum Member
    Katsuya wrote: »
    Jonas Myrin doesn't have residence there though. His Twitter even says "Londoner from Sweden" or something to that effect :p

Yep I had a look through his Twitter last night just to try to find out, and tbf looking through it seems he lives in Germany now, there seems to be other stories about him saying that too. I suppose it's similar to Raymond Barker and I had considered possibly selecting Trash for France before myself, so it's hard for me to have an issue with it. The problem is there's about 10 songs you could probably put a question mark over without knowing totally what the rules are and then it starts to get a bit messy, I think it just needs clearing up a bit next time if possible.
  • AxGAxG Posts: 25,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like a good sleep, to calm down a bit, I'm on concerned with Norway at the moment. I believe I have been a bit less strict with rules, but I want to get this contest going properly.
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is this thing starting?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll get things going later tonight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the wait, but SF1 is now open, only 8 will qualify!
    1. Romania - Raluka - All For You
    2. Montenegro - Tanja Savic - Gde ljubav putuje
    3. Armenia - Lilu - Gna Gna
    4. Monaco - TAL - Rien n'est parfait
    5. Tunisia - Axel Tony ft. Tunisiano - Avec Toi
    6. Azerbaijan - Dima Bilan and Nikki Jamal - Obnimi menya
    7. Wales - Kate McGill - Replaced
    8. Estonia - Tanja - All In My Head
    9. Liechtenstein - Jonas Myrin - Day of the Battle
    10. Serbia - Miss Jukebox - Nikom nije lako
    11. Greenland - Soluna Samay - Humble
    12. Morocco - LAZYWALL - I Raise My Hand
    13. Italy - Chiara - Due respiri
    14. Albania - Alban Skënderaj - Refuzoj
    15. England - Booty Luv - Black Widow
    16. Russia - Nyusha - Eto Novyy God
    17. Northern Ireland - Two Door Cinema Club - Sun
    18. Iceland - Sóley - Pretty Face
    19. San Marino - NESLI - Ti sposerò

Playlist

Vote in the usual Eurovision fashion, and voting closes on the 13th February 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After much commotion regarding Train representing Norway, a new artist and song has been announced:

Norway - Katzenjammer - Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • CuishlaCuishla Posts: 16,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who'd have thought; the host country causing the most controversy. We should have stayed in Armenia :D
  • steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd assumed Katzenjammer were Dutch tbh. Learn something new every day.
  • Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,130
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Semi Final 1 Reviews!

Romania: I heard this song a while back but wasn't really a fan of it. The chorus sounds a lot more awesome and anthemic than I remember it to be, but I think the electro-beat overwhelms it a bit. Still, a good song. 6/10
    Montenegro: It's okay but not very good, but it is Montenegro so I wasn't expecting anything fantastic. 4/10
    Armenia: It's no Sirusho. It has a bit too much of that regions twang on the song to be enjoyable, but it's not bad. Just middle of the road. 5/10
    Monaco: The first standout of the contest! I've heard this song and it's always been pretty impressive, following the other songs it stands out even more. Really like it! 9/10
    Tunisia: I was expecting this to be much worse than it is... It's actually alright, a bit cheesy but not bad. I think it'll struggle to qualify though with only 8 places. - and then this is a lesson why I should listen to the full song before I review, as opposed to review whilst i'm listening. The rap was an unpleasant surprise an otherwise good song. 4/10
    Azerbaijan: It annoys me how Dima knows he's hot and totally takes advantage of it. I like the video, and the song itself is okay. It sounds like a Russian equivalent to some Usher duet. 6/10
    Wales: Been a fan of her for a while now, and this song is awesome. But the video is literally one of the saddest things, ever. Good song. 8/10
    Estonia: Lmao, Smirnoff. This is really good, the standard is getting strong! 7.5/10
    Liechtenstein: This is a tricky one. The song itself is incredible, like, I had it down as a winner from the second I heard it last year... and even had it as my song for Finland... But I don't agree with it being used for Liechtenstein, so i'm torn. I tend to vote on songs anyway so I will give it points but I really hope this doesn't win anymore, which is a shame because it's a winner-worthy song. 10/10
    Serbia: Oh, this is good. Impressed, especially for Serbia! I really like it. 7.5/10
    Greenland: I'm a big fan of Soluna, robbed last year at Eurovision and I like this song as much as I liked that other song that Katsuya used last year. My only problem is that i'm just not sure how well it stands out. It will definitely be getting points out of me, though. 6.5/10
    Morocco: This has potential to be good but it doesn't quite ever get there for me, sorry. 5/10
    Italy: Italy always delivers in this contest, despite never having that win. This is no different. It's not an 'epic' song like Cercavo Amore/E'Lamore Che Conte but it's good and deserves to qualify in my opinion. 8/10
    Albania: This song sounds ridiculously familiar, but I have no recognition of ever hearing it before. I like it but it's not great, a bit dull. The chorus is strong but not strong enough to recover it and keep it up to the standard seen in this SF. It is really good for Albania, though, and I think it would've qualified in a Final/SF/QF format. 7/10
    England: I remember 'Some Kinda Rush' by these people lol... This isn't as good, sorry, but it's nice to still see them releasing music. I think, if this had been marketed well, it could've been a big club hit! Thumbs down from me though, sorry. 6/10
    Russia: I've always been a fan of Nyusha's music, I don't even know why. I love her name lots, too. But, unfortunately, there is something about this song that I'm just not loving as much as I have done previous songs. I think it's pretty insignificant in comparison to the other songs.
    Northern Ireland: I've always been a fan of 2DCC. This isn't their best song entered but it's still good. 7/10
    Iceland: Aw, I was expecting this song to be entered at some point. I like it, but it's not very... interesting. I'm a bit over these quiet, quirky songs with nothing going on in them. Not the worst in this SF but it doesn't stand out as being one of the best, either. 6.5/10
    San Marino: There's something really annoying about his voice, so i'm not a fan, sorry. 4/10

I can tell that qualifying is not going to be anything easy... There are 11 songs I would be happy with qualifying, but my ideal top 8, which is never going to happen, would be:
    Albania
    Estonia
    Italy
    Liechtenstein
    Monaco
    Northern Ireland
    Serbia
    Wales
  • stanld03stanld03 Posts: 2,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Top 10 for SF1 (in alphabetical order):

Albania
    Azerbaijan
    England
    Estonia
    Italy
    Liechtenstein
    Monaco
    Northern Ireland
    Romania
    Wales
  • spinbrandispinspinbrandispin Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Favorites:):
    Liechtenstein, Iceland, Italy and Morocco (finally a great Morrocan rock group)
    Furthermore: Albania, Montenegro, Estonia (good finds for difficult countries)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AxG wrote: »
    Sorry for the wait, but SF1 is now open, only 8 will qualify!
    1. Romania - Raluka - All For You
    2. Montenegro - Tanja Savic - Gde ljubav putuje
    3. Armenia - Lilu - Gna Gna
    4. Monaco - TAL - Rien n'est parfait
    5. Tunisia - Axel Tony ft. Tunisiano - Avec Toi
    6. Azerbaijan - Dima Bilan and Nikki Jamal - Obnimi menya
    7. Wales - Kate McGill - Replaced
    8. Estonia - Tanja - All In My Head
    9. Liechtenstein - Jonas Myrin - Day of the Battle
    10. Serbia - Miss Jukebox - Nikom nije lako
    11. Greenland - Soluna Samay - Humble
    12. Morocco - LAZYWALL - I Raise My Hand
    13. Italy - Chiara - Due respiri
    14. Albania - Alban Skënderaj - Refuzoj
    15. England - Booty Luv - Black Widow
    16. Russia - Nyusha - Eto Novyy God
    17. Northern Ireland - Two Door Cinema Club - Sun
    18. Iceland - Sóley - Pretty Face
    19. San Marino - NESLI - Ti sposerò

Playlist

Vote in the usual Eurovision fashion, and voting closes on the 13th February 2013.

Reminding people. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SF2 is now open, and again only 8 will qualify!
    1. Denmark - Lukas Graham - Better Than Yourself
    2. Austria - Melissa Tkautz - Glamorous Life
    3. Scotland - Sandi Thom - Flesh and Blood
    4. Ireland - The Saturdays - What About Us
    5. Andorra - La Musicalite - Última noche en la tierra
    6. Georgia - Valeriy Meladze & Anastasia Prikhodko - Byezotvyetno
    7. Latvia - Jasie Kruz - It's Over
    8. Ukraine - Erika - Ne tormozi
    9. Finland - Maija Vilkkumaa - Lottovoitto
    10. Croatia - Severina - Uzbuna
    11. Czech Republic - Lisa Miskovsky - Got A Friend
    12. Slovenia - Nina Pušlar - Odhajam z vetrom
    13. Switzerland - Kat Graham - Wanna Say
    14. Netherlands - Mattanja Joy Bradley - Beautiful Imperfections
    15. Cyprus - Anna Vissi - Protimo
    16. Germany - Michael Schulte - You Said You'd Grow Old With Me
    17. Luxembourg - AnnaGrace - Ready To Fall In Love
    18. Spain - Russian Red - Everyday Everynight
    19. France - Matthew Raymond Barker - Trash (tout le monde jump sur le bar)

Playlist

Vote in the usual Eurovision fashion, and voting closes on the 16th February 2013.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I just ask what link Melissa Tkautz has with Austria?
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,456
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stanld03 wrote: »
    Can I just ask what link Melissa Tkautz has with Austria?

Austrian heritage apparently (on Wikipedia)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DamienS wrote: »
    Austrian heritage apparently (on Wikipedia)

Sorry, I coulda sworn that said something other than Austrian (with the Maltese), I must have misread it :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I coulda sworn that said something other than Austrian (with the Maltese), I must have misread it :p

You might have been repeating the 'Australia' from the first sentence.:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You might have been repeating the 'Australia' from the first sentence.:p

Yeah, I think that was it. :o
  • Yugimuto1Yugimuto1 Posts: 5,047
    Forum Member
    Is it further back than grandparents?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yugimuto1 wrote: »
    Is it further back than grandparents?

It's hard to tell, some places that only have one decent source say 'heritage', so I guess you'd have to accept it as it could be grandparents or parents.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After much commotion regarding Train representing Norway, a new artist and song has been announced:

Norway - Katzenjammer - Rock-Paper-Scissors

I think I prefer this to the Train number so in the end the change has done it good. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Russian Red song's not available for me. I'm watching it on this one at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXPoJRGCa8
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, as a side-note, I've just found a Glennis Grace version of a popular song from the contest. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF79kG8yF2Y
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Russian Red song's not available for me. I'm watching it on this one at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylXPoJRGCa8

Damn you copyright!:mad:

Any way, Vimeo link